• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Trevor just keeps firing his Railgun while constantly reloading and ends it there. Any of Trevor's more explosive weapons casually reach Small Building level without even trying. Also, SBA dictates that Trevor has access to his bomb suit and armors.

I'll have to give it to Trevor. Dallas gets downed by a single RPG-7 round (which is anti-personnel), and is more or less unable to do anything except cover any teammate that gives him an emergency patch-up.

Trevor just essentially fires another RPG and ends it there.

Also, RPGs in GTA 5 are casually Small Building level.

Dallas because he can just use Swan Song to kill Trevor when he gets hit with a rocket and use Feign Death to revive himself

Not Icarus said:
Dallas because he can just use Swan Song to kill Trevor when he gets hit with a rocket and use Feign Death to revive himself
Swan Song and Feign Death are not Mastermind tree abilities, they're Fugitive Tree abilities, which are attributed to Hoxton.

But the guys in the game can use the same abilities though, or does the wiki only use their specific skill trees and perk decks?

Because if so, that's really hammering down on their potential to fight a lot.

Not Icarus said:
But the guys in the game can use the same abilities though, or does the wiki only use their specific skill trees and perk decks?

Because if so, that's really hammering down on their potential to fight a lot.
The skill tree is just a game mechanic. We have no reason to assume the heisters can choose their powers. So yes, we're basing their pages on the abilities attributed to them.

Then again, we're also using game mechanics for these types of guys in the wiki so it seems rather counter-productive considering pretty much all the characters in the game have the same potential regardless of character. Maybe a composite key might work for Dallas' and the other potential future profiles of the payday 2 heisters so they can all use their abilities but with still the 120 skill points limit just like in the game.

Not Icarus said:
Then again, we're also using game mechanics for these types of guys in the wiki so it seems rather counter-productive considering pretty much all the characters in the game have the same potential regardless of character. Maybe a composite key might work for Dallas' and the other potential future profiles of the payday 2 heisters so they can all use their abilities but with still the 120 skill points limit just like in the game.
No, that's not how this works. We have absolutely nothing to show that all characters actually can use the same abilities. Though if you want to defend this idea you have, I suggest opening a new discussion page. I should also add that game mechanics in a vs battles context doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as game mechanics in a colloquial sense.

There's nothing suggesting that they don't at least share a degree of each others' skills since some of them is literally just the ability to bring more cable ties in their pockets, bring a small turret, wearing a heavier suit, and etc. There's no way that the PAYDAY Gang did all of their feats via only their specitic skill trees or "actual skills" and perk decks without ever being taken down for good.

Not Icarus said:
There's nothing suggesting that they don't at least share a degree of each others' skills since some of them is literally just the ability to bring more cable ties in their pockets, bring a small turret, wearing a heavier suit, and etc. There's no way that the PAYDAY Gang did all of their feats via only their specitic skill trees or "actual skills" and perk decks without ever being taken down for good.
You don't have any way to prove that they do share each other's abilities as far as skill trees and perk deck abilities are concerned. And your statement that there's no way the PAYDAY Gang did all of their feats via only their specific skill trees or "actual skills" is an assertion that you actually have to back up. Provide some proof.

Well then, Trevor goes Red Mist and launches multiple Sticky Bombs and overtaxes Dallas's durability. Also, guy has 3 seconds to use Swan Song before being reverted, while Trevor has a full 30 seconds with his ability.

Fully Aced Swan Song is actually 6 seconds, gives the user the ability to never have the need to reload, invincibility to gunfire and explosives but weird with exceptions like environmental damage, tasers, and cloaker kicks that doesn't make the skill activate once the heister's health goes to 0. And you also have no way of proving things like Graze since it's literally just a gameplay mechanic that has never been shown working outside of the regular game, so why limit the scaling? Stuff like Ironman Aced should also be treated with scaling because it's literally just a heavier version of the CTV. Stuff like the Gage Chivalry Pack's cover art sort of implies that they all have the ability to wear it.

Trevor has a taser that keeps people incapacitated for longer than 6 seconds, BTW. He fires two shots, then immediately switches to a Railgun and shoots.

That could work, but Dallas might overwhelm him with gunfire or explosives because of his infinite ammo and really fast fire rate. Stuff like the Akimbo Grimms and the Judge with HE rounds on Swan Song is gonna give Trevor a lot of trouble

Is infinite ammo even allowed to be used? Sounds like a game mechanic to me.

Anyway, Trevor unleashes Red Mist and quickly proceeds to brush off the gunfire and while he can get temporarily immobilized by explosives, he still should be able to recover quickly enough to land in his own shots.

Also, Trevor's name is wrong in his article. It should only have a single L.

Considering the wiki accepts feats like Niko surviving a fall from a building in New York which is a ridiculously big outlier by landing on a specific letter and virtually any other "normal" enough things in GTA, the payday characters shouldn't be hammered downed of their own abilities too since it's unfair that the gta lads get their abilities and free roam feats which also includes them getting the same rpg stats like flying skills and such. Also I thought the Red Mist was banned in this fight lol. Also I'm pretty sure Swan Song does give the infinite ammo for only 6 seconds before fading away since its literally stated in its profile.

WTF

Niko doesn't survive falls from that high.

He usually survives falls no higher than 40 feet.

And he survives car crashes and dives into water and high-caliber rounds with no issue.

Oh.

Nobody told me that the infinite ammo also was an ability. My bad.

And yeah, Red Mist is indeed banned, I forgot, LEL.

Well, Trevor still has more experience than Dallas and is overall more versatile.

Oh and nvm about that specific letter feat. I thought it was in the wiki before, my bad. Also no worries to you too lad lol

The experience edge shouldn't be too far. In fact, I would actually debate that Dallas and his crew has better experience in combat and heisting since they do it in a larger scale and more frequently. Like invading the White House, stealing nukes from a mercenary compoound, and etc.

Trevor also did similar things in GTA Online, IIRC, and Trevor has actual military experience and even fought off hordes of military soldiers.

The gang has people like Chains and John Wick who also has military experience so Dallas should also be comparable to them. I can give Dallas a slight experience advantage because of his more consistent heisting record.

Hmmm, now this puts them neck to neck.

Well, all it takes is Trevor to get two good Railgun shots and a taser shot to finish him off with another Railgun shot while avoiding getting mowed by Dallas.

Can Dallas use his Infinite Ammo ability on the start?

Nope, he has to get downed. Like draining his health to 0 for it to work and Feign Death has only a 30% chance of working to revive him but it surprisingly works a fair amount of times from my experiences.

Also this is basically 9-A Sniper Rifles VS Railgun if you choose to give Dallas his sniper rifles now that I've realized it lmao.

Trevor also has 9-A sniper rifles thanks to the fact that the Heavy Sniper Mk 2 has explosive rounds that can one-shot cargo jets.

Honestly, this just feels like another "whoever shoots first" scenario since we're likely to debate a lot of X scenarios on how both combatant can win this lol. I can see this match as an inconclusive match more but I do still lean towards Dallas more because of his versatility.

and btw, if we include the Red Mist(which can only last for 30 seconds iirc). I can still see Dallas having the potential to beat him because of his multiple stunning equipment like electric brass knuckles, tasers, poison, and maybe some other abilities that involves stunning people that I've forgot about while also chipping away at his health.

And no, Trevor with Red Mist is invincible. The only thing that can knock him back in that state are explosions.

Back