• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Niko Bellic VS Trevor Phillips

What are they brining to the fight? Where are they fighting? Is it hand to hand only or can they bring vehicles?

Absolutely everything is at their disposal, and it's SBA, so central Park.

If that's a problem, then I can limit it to just guns and stuff.

Absolutely everything is at their disposal, and it's SBA, so central Park.

If that's a problem, then I can limit it to just guns and stuff.
Its not a problem, its just that I wanted to make sure the location was the same since that gives Niko a rather serious terrain knowledge advantage over Trevor.

As for vehicles its not their default loadout, I just wanted to make sure that you didn't want to include them.

I think Niko should take this more often than not.

While it may seem like Trevor would take skill at first glance via murdering a bunch of US Army soldiers, we have no idea if they fought in a war like how Niko did, and remember, he was in the Yugoslav wars. Trevor usually lets his rage slip, and while this hasn't led to him being killed in his game or anything, it's a really awful mistake to make one...well, mistake like that when you're dealing with Niko. While Niko had his back turned, he shot Pegorino before he could even pull the trigger, and when a Russian mook tried to discreetly slit his throat, Niko instantly attacked him with a headbutt. It's worth noting the former feat happened after Kate was killed, which made Niko out for Pegorino's blood, and nothing else. Even if Trevor's rage doesn't blind him, chances are he's probably gonna try to intimidate Niko by threatening him, which isn't gonna make him flinch.

Even with Trevor's rage mode, Niko still has the skill to outlast, and likely hold him back with RPG missiles given how Trevor can still be affected by those in rage mode.

Trevor has a larger arsenal, but that's about it. Niko can end the fight a lot quicker, as he's a lot smarter, has much better skills/experience, and has a far superior combat mentality.

Last edited:
I know this is Grace, but I honestly disagree with the points above,
While it may seem like Trevor would take skill at first glance via murdering a bunch of US Army soldiers, we have no idea if they fought in a war like how Niko did,
Trevor Eats Merryweather Mercs who have combat experience all over Africa, The middle East, South America, Former Soviet Countries ETC, for Breakfast.
and likely hold him back with RPG missiles given how Trevor can still be affected by those in rage mode.
Trevor has those 2, in fact he has better Explosives and grenade launchers, Trevor has A Semi Auto Grenade launcher, a homing launcher, A minigun, and a ******* Railgun, all of those are massively amped in Red mist.

The rate of Fire from the Minigun alone would be tough for Niko to deal with.

And Honestly I think Trevor has the AP advantage in Base. Are we forgetting that Trevor can Kill Cougars with his bare hands? (I was playing the other day and I recall simply kicking a Cougar in the face and it died) Cows, and even sharks and Killer whales.

A H2H Approach wouldn't be smart, and Trevor's insane which makes him even more dangerous.

"Trevor Eats Merryweather Mercs who have combat experience all over Africa, The middle East, South America, Former Soviet Countries ETC, for Breakfast."

Alright, but have they fought in the second-worst European war like how Niko did?

"a ******* Railgun"

It's not listed on Trevor's profile because it's likely not a canon weapon, given how it's a weapon exclusive to Xbox One/PS4/PC ports for returning Xbox 360/PS3 players.

"The rate of Fire from the Minigun alone would be tough for Niko to deal with."

Niko's smart enough to take cover and eventually land a fatal hit. Heck, he canonically killed Marty Boldenow, who's a Most Wanted criminal that's armed with an RPG.

"A H2H Approach wouldn't be smart, and Trevor's insane which makes him even more dangerous."

Being insane doesn't automatically make you superior in H2H. Niko knows Krav Maga, while Trevor barely has H2H experience from what we know. Even then, the fighting moves in GTA 5 aren't much of a danger to Niko since they're just basic street fighting moves.

Alright, but have they fought in the second-worst European war like how Niko did?
Bruh What? They have operations all over Europe, and specifically former Soviet Countries, so likely. Not to mention they got operations all over the middle East. So their Combat Skill and experience ain't to be doubted.
It's not listed on Trevor's profile because it's likely not a canon weapon, given how it's a weapon exclusive to Xbox One/PS4/PC ports for returning Xbox 360/PS3 players.
Fair enough, but various characters on site, have non canonical, optional equipment, and OP said Fully equipped.
Niko's smart enough to take cover and eventually land a fatal hit. Heck, he canonically killed Marty Boldenow, who's a Most Wanted criminal that's armed with an RPG.
Yeah I remember that, But don't compare some random criminal, to a dude who can single handedly break into a Military base to steal a military helicopter, a guy who aired out that same base jus cuz some soliders made fun of his accent. Also, is Trevor unable to take cover as well lol? Good luck Niko, have to reload your RPG while Trevor, just Spams his Revolving Grenade launcher.
Being insane doesn't automatically make you superior in H2H. Niko knows Krav Maga, while Trevor barely has H2H experience from what we know. Even then, the fighting moves in GTA 5 aren't much of a danger to Niko since they're just basic street fighting moves.
I didn't say that. But it does make you extremely dangerous, bcuz you're extremely unpredictable. According to this site, Michael is the most trained of the Trio. Even he agreed that Trevor could take him. "Yeah that's you're ******* deranged" The Joker doesn't have any training yet he could hold his own against Batman. You saw what he did to Johnny, who has Niko's moveset. Yes, I know he was addicted to Meth, but still, Trevor plays no rules, and ambushed and attacked him like an animal.

But none of that matters anyway. Trevor can beat the shit out of a Killer whale. And that's just in Base. Don't matter if Niko knows every Martial Arts on Earth, He'd get his Head smashed in if he runs up on Trevor. In Base.

Red Mist? When he can walk off a shot from a fuggun tank?

He'd get his head knocked to mars

This is terrible reasoning.
Bruh What? They have operations all over Europe, and specifically former Soviet Countries, so likely. Not to mention they got operations all over the middle East. So their Combat Skill and experience ain't to be doubted.
I agree that they should logically be pretty skilled due to being soldiers, but the rest are just pure assumptions.
Fair enough, but various characters on site, have non canonical, optional equipment, and OP said Fully equipped.
Cool, the Railgun is still not even listed on his profile, so moot point. I don't really agree with it being non-canon but multiple sites having non canonical equipment listed is not a strong point - two wrongs don't make a right.
Yeah I remember that, But don't compare some random criminal, to a dude who can single handedly break into a Military base to steal a military helicopter, a guy who aired out that same base jus cuz some soliders made fun of his accent. Also, is Trevor unable to take cover as well lol? Good luck Niko, have to reload your RPG while Trevor, just Spams his Revolving Grenade launcher.
Marty Boldenow is not an average criminal either, hence the most wanted status. You don't get that for stealing a bag of chips out of a supermarket.

It's going to be hard for Trevor to spam his grenades when he just gets knocked around by Niko's RPGs.
I didn't say that. But it does make you extremely dangerous, bcuz you're extremely unpredictable. According to this site, Michael is the most trained of the Trio. Even he agreed that Trevor could take him. "Yeah that's you're ******* deranged" The Joker doesn't have any training yet he could hold his own against Batman. You saw what he did to Johnny, who has Niko's moveset. Yes, I know he was addicted to Meth, but still, Trevor plays no rules, and ambushed and attacked him like an animal.
Michael agreeing that Trevor could take him is not really that amazing. They were talking about a physical confrontation, not an all-out gunfight. Context matters.

Also, Trevor killing Johnny absolutely CANNOT be used to argue him as superior to Niko. That is ridiculous. Johnny was a meth-ridden shell of his former self and anyone with at least one functioning eye can see that.
But none of that matters anyway. Trevor can beat the shit out of a Killer whale. And that's just in Base. Don't matter if Niko knows every Martial Arts on Earth, He'd get his Head smashed in if he runs up on Trevor. In Base.

Being able to kill a killer whale is not too great of an AP feat when compared to tanking car and truck crashes which Niko can do.

Niko could probably still outlast Red Mist Trevor in an hand to hand confrontation. Sure, he wouldn't be able to damage Trevor for thirty seconds, but Trevor really only gets a super vague AP amp which wouldn't even make him one-shot Niko. It's also doubtful that Trevor would get many hits in.

As it stands, Niko still wins this.

Also, is Trevor unable to take cover as well lol? Good luck Niko, have to reload your RPG while Trevor, just Spams his Revolving Grenade launcher.
What's not to say Niko will spam attacks as well? This is a hardened, former kid soldier that we're talking about, and he's been in many situations where it's reasonable enough for him to spam attacks: fighting his way out of a warehouse after being set up, Roman being kidnapped by the Russian mafia, shooting through the Russian mafia to strike revenge on Dimitri, avenging Kate's/Roman's death, etc.

The Joker doesn't have any training yet he could hold his own against Batman. You saw what he did to Johnny, who has Niko's moveset. Yes, I know he was addicted to Meth, but still, Trevor plays no rules, and ambushed and attacked him like an animal.
Ok? When has Trevor done anything on The Joker's level? How is Trevor's H2H skills gonna be on par with a war veteran trained in Krav Maga?

If you know Johnny was addicted to meth, then why use his as an example? The meth made Johnny pussy out and it severely weakened him. Niko doesn't even come close to being a drugged-out pushover. He's not gonna politely stand around and let Trevor set him up for an incredibly obvious trap like how he did to Johnny.

Trevor has never fist-fought anybody like Niko before. If this is purely H2H, Trevor is gonna turn into a human pretzel within 2 seconds.

But none of that matters anyway. Trevor can beat the shit out of a Killer whale. And that's just in Base.
It takes numerous hits for him to do that, so I doubt he'd fully scale to a killer whale.

Niko still has the capabilities to outlast because Red Mist lasts 30 seconds, not 24 hours or something. And as Schwxnz said, all it does is give Trevor some extremely vague AP boost that wouldn't one-shot Niko.

agree that they should logically be pretty skilled due to being soldiers, but the rest are just pure assumptions.
What assumptions am I making? Their website states all the countries they have been operating in. Trevor and the other protags kill scores of them during the game, it's a wild assumption to assume that the Soldiers Niko fought with and against are any better. Especially when you consider the fact that they have billions of 💲 worth of funding
Cool, the Railgun is still not even listed on his profile, so moot point. I don't really agree with it being non-canon but multiple sites having non canonical equipment listed is not a strong point - two wrongs don't make a right.
Now that I checked again, it actually is via the link to Weapons in GTA V page on the GTA wiki, it is strong point. It's ok to use optional equipment on here, and especially considering OP said they are allowed everything here, sooo.
Marty Boldenow is not an average criminal either, hence the most wanted status. You don't get that for stealing a bag of chips out of a supermarket.
Compared to Trevor he is.
It's going to be hard for Trevor to spam his grenades when he just gets knocked around by Niko's RPGs.
It's going to be hard for Niko to spam RPGs when Trevor is doing the same. Or when he could just cover the place with sticky bombs, and tear gas.
Also, Trevor killing Johnny absolutely CANNOT be used to argue him as superior to Niko. That is ridiculous. Johnny was a meth-ridden shell of his former self and anyone with at least one functioning eye can see that
Dude, I literally acknowledged this. Just that Trevor is ruthless and crazy
Being able to kill a killer whale is not too great of an AP feat when compared to tanking car and truck crashes which Niko can do.
TFW you just discribed literally every one in GTA LMFAO. He's fighting a guy who is virtually invincible. So dats nothing.
Niko could probably still outlast Red Mist Trevor in an hand to hand confrontation. Sure, he wouldn't be able to damage Trevor for thirty seconds, but Trevor really only gets a super vague AP amp which wouldn't even make him one-shot Niko. It's also doubtful that Trevor would get many hits in.
I think I agree with you that he wouldn't get many hits in, but that it would be dangerous still. Especially when he could One shot Mike and Frank who have similar feats (which to be fair they can also do) and in this state he got at least dura sooo, and he used to have building level AP as well. So vague yeah, but still a big amp
What's not to say Niko will spam attacks as well? This is a hardened, former kid soldier that we're talking about, and he's been in many situations where it's reasonable enough for him to spam attacks: fighting his way out of a warehouse after being set up, Roman being kidnapped by the Russian mafia, shooting through the Russian mafia to strike revenge on Dimitri, avenging Kate's/Roman's death, etc.
He could, but he'll have trouble cuz, like I just explained, he'll have a hard time with an old RPG, because he'll have to keep reloading it after each shot. Trevor has If i ain't mistaken 10 shots straight with Grenade launcher.
How is Trevor's H2H skills gonna be on par with a war veteran trained in Krav Maga?

If you know Johnny was addicted to meth, then why use his as an example? The meth made Johnny pussy out and it severely weakened him. Niko doesn't even come close to being a drugged-out pushover. He's not gonna politely stand around and let Trevor set him up for an incredibly obvious trap like how he did to Johnny.
I kinda explained why I used it in the initial reply. It shows just How crazy Trevor can be.

Trevor has never fist-fought anybody like Niko before. If this is purely H2H, Trevor is gonna turn into a human pretzel within 2 seconds.
That goes for both of them. Trevor's never fought nobody as Skilled as Niko. Niko's never fought nobody as deranged (well maybe Eddie Low) or as strong as Trevor. In red Mist Trevor has building level dura. Niko ain't harming him
It takes numerous hits for him to do that, so I doubt he'd fully scale to a killer whale.
Don't matter. It's extremely telling that he could even Harm a killer whale in the first place given their size. Nothing Niko does suggests he would be Capable of doing the same.
Michael agreeing that Trevor could take him is not really that amazing. They were talking about a physical confrontation, not an all-out gunfight. Context matters
Also, that's what I said. I meant in a fistfight. I said nothing about a gunfight.
Niko still has the capabilities to outlast because Red Mist lasts 30 seconds, not 24 hours or something. And as Schwxnz said, all it does is give Trevor some extremely vague AP boost that wouldn't one-shot Niko.
Maybe, but good luck doing that against a guy who has better weapons and who already seems to Have the AP advantage and everything he has becomes more powerful, and in that state becomes even more accurate

Considering the fact that The Trio can all one shot each other, and Trevor is the strongest, are you sure about that last statement?

What assumptions am I making? Their website states all the countries they have been operating in. Trevor and the other protags kill scores of them during the game, it's a wild assumption to assume that the Soldiers Niko fought with and against are any better. Especially when you consider the fact that they have billions of 💲 worth of funding
Apart from the rampage mission, where did Trevor even kill any of them?

GoCommitDi literally asked you the following:

And you replied:
That is an assumption. It is not supported that they have gone through the same things as Niko.

Now that I checked again, it actually is via the link to Weapons in GTA V page on the GTA wiki, it is strong point. It's ok to use optional equipment on here, and especially considering OP said they are allowed everything here, sooo.
I suppose I got that wrong, but I think the Railgun used to be considered non-canon on here.
Compared to Trevor he is.
How come? Isn't a most wanted status the exact same thing Michael had been given before he faked his own death? Trevor does not make Michael look like an average criminal, now does he?

It's going to be hard for Niko to spam RPGs when Trevor is doing the same. Or when he could just cover the place with sticky bombs, and tear gas.
Because throwing sticky bombs and tear gas is definitely not much slower than Niko blasting him with rockets.

Dude, I literally acknowledged this. Just that Trevor is ruthless and crazy
Damn bro he killed someone too mentally weak to properly defend himself

There are countless better examples of Trevor being crazy and ruthless, come on.

TFW you just discribed literally every one in GTA LMFAO.
If "literally everyone" in GTA can do something considerably better than your proposed AP feat, does that not mean that said feat is just straight up not that great here?

He's fighting a guy who is virtually invincible. So dats nothing.
For thirty seconds. Big whoop.

I think I agree with you that he wouldn't get many hits in, but that it would be dangerous still. Especially when he could One shot Mike and Frank who have similar feats (which to be fair they can also do) and in this state he got at least dura sooo, and he used to have building level AP as well. So vague yeah, but still a big amp
I do agree that the thirty seconds of red mist would definitely be the most dangerous to Niko, but that's just thirty seconds. Niko is absolutely able to outlast him.

Also I really don't think the GTA V protags being able to one-shot one another should be used lmfao you literally have Trevor cowering in fear when Michael/Franklin are about to hit him that's just stupid as shit

Don't matter. It's extremely telling that he could even Harm a killer whale in the first place given their size. Nothing Niko does suggests he would be Capable of doing the same.
yeah other than the fact that Niko scales to a feat that is > killer whales

also since you seem to love bringing it up do you have a clip of him being able to harm them because I distinctly recall that that feat has issues
Also, that's what I said. I meant in a fistfight. I said nothing about a gunfight.
Okay, my bad, but that is still not a good point lol. Michael is comparatively not great at H2H combat and out of shape by the time GTA V takes place.

Overall I have to say that my stance really didn't change at all.

Apart from the rampage mission, where did Trevor even kill any of them?
Uhhhh throughout the whole ******* game as Trevor Robs their Boats, and Trains. Really?
That is an assumption. It is not supported that they have gone through the same things as Niko
It is supported that have been waging wars by Trevor. On various continents. They're hardened. Just cuz they haven't fought Niko Bellic don't mean they're inferior to him or anyone he's fought. I stand by this, it's a big assumption to claim this. They fight several wars across the Middle East and Africa.

Niko in game has never fought nobody like that.
Insurgents in the Middle East have been giving Uncle sam a run for his money for years, and Merryweather fought all over.
Niko has never fought the US Army. And the US Army is superior to every army on earth.
I suppose I got that wrong, but I think the Railgun used to be considered non-canon on here.
I don't remember that being stated on the profiles.
How come? Isn't a most wanted status the exact same thing Michael had been given before he faked his own death? Trevor does not make Michael look like an average criminal, now does he?
Not really. Many criminals are more dangerous than others.
Because throwing sticky bombs and tear gas is definitely not much slower than Niko blasting him with rockets.
Gonna be a pain in the ass when those sticky bombs disrupts him from doing that. Along with slowing starting to pass out from tear gas Especially when Trevor has a Grenade launcher.
If "literally everyone" in GTA can do something considerably better than your proposed AP feat, does that not mean that said feat is
No because Killing a whale is much better. They would not be phased by a car in the slightest.
For thirty seconds. Big whoop.
Dats a long ass time to fight someone who's invincible.
Also I really don't think the GTA V protags being able to one-shot one another should be used lmfao you literally have Trevor cowering in fear when Michael/Franklin are about to hit him that's just stupid as shit
Why not lol it's still a feat they all perform it ain't like DB where the get less durable when their guards are let down.
also since you seem to love bringing it up do you have a clip of him being able to harm them because I distinctly recall that that feat has issues
Franklin harm's one here it's very hard to do.
Michael is comparatively not great at H2H combat and out of shape by the time GTA V takes place.
Yeah, but Michael is still pretty athletic, as he overall that guy on the boat who was huge with one hand.

Also it might not be that the Protagonists are bad at H2H it might just be the game's combat design sucks as even trained soliders fight like everyone else. Which was also the case in GTA 4. Johnny and Luis should not have Niko's moveset, but did anyway.

But IDK I guess.

Uhhhh throughout the whole ******* game as Trevor Robs their Boats, and Trains. Really?
Wasn't the train he robbed from Merryweather instead of the military? Just like the boat he stole the submarine from...?

It is supported that have been waging wars by Trevor. On various continents. They're hardened. Just cuz they haven't fought Niko Bellic don't mean they're inferior to him or anyone he's fought. I stand by this, it's a big assumption to claim this. They fight several wars across the Middle East and Africa.
You seem to think that each individual soldier went through multiple wars. I can't really stress how unlikely that is because, you know, people die in war. Assuming them to have some experience is fine, but anything beyond that seems to be pure guesswork.

Niko in game has never fought nobody like that.
Insurgents in the Middle East have been giving Uncle sam a run for his money for years, and Merryweather fought all over.
Niko has never fought the US Army. And the US Army is superior to every army on earth.
Moot point. See above.

I don't remember that being stated on the profiles.
For starters: Railguns generally fire at about Mach 6 and there's no "Hypersonic attack speed with Railgun" on his profile. Regardless, I was mostly thinking about something that was talked about in a thread a couple of years back.

Not really. Many criminals are more dangerous than others.
And I think a trigger-happy Rocket Launcher and AK-47 wielding gang member with a "most wanted" status can be safely assumed to be of the dangerous sort.

Gonna be a pain in the ass when those sticky bombs disrupts him from doing that. Along with slowing starting to pass out from tear gas Especially when Trevor has a Grenade launcher.
Gonna be a pain in the ass for Trevor to set up a trap given that Niko has excessive prior knowledge on central part.

Sticky bombs and tear gas are literally not going to be a wincon here regardless. During the time period where Trevor pulls out either one and gets ready to throw them he'll already be blasted by an RPG.

No because Killing a whale is much better. They would not be phased by a car in the slightest.

Franklin harm's one here it's very hard to do.
The highest end of the car-crash-tanking feat is still a bit higher than the killer whales KE.

Can you give me a timestamp?

Dats a long ass time to fight someone who's invincible.
It's not as bad when you considerably outskill your opponent.

Why not lol it's still a feat they all perform it ain't like DB where the get less durable when their guards are let down.
Not my point. Don't you think it seems a little stupid for Trevor of all people to cower in fear? I really don't think that "feat" should be taken for granted.

Yeah, but Michael is still pretty athletic, as he overall that guy on the boat who was huge with one hand.

Also it might not be that the Protagonists are bad at H2H it might just be the game's combat design sucks as even trained soliders fight like everyone else. Which was also the case in GTA 4. Johnny and Luis should not have Niko's moveset, but did anyway.

But IDK I guess.
That's not athleticism, that's physical strength.

That wasn't really my point. Michael is definitely still somewhat above average in H2H combat but compared to Trevor who probably learned some tricks here and there in the air force or Niko who's great at Krav Maga he's nothing special.

I watched the vid & the punches were around more or less, 1:00 & 1:56. Orcas are big & I don't even know how many punches it would take to kill them in-game. This is a clear cut kill of cattle, but if it takes like a thousand or more punches to kill the Orcas should it be on the profile tho? I'm not sure if Franklin's hits even landed. I do know where to find an Orca beaching themselves in an in-game vid LOL.

Last edited:
Wasn't the train he robbed from Merryweather instead of the military? Just like the boat he stole the submarine from...
My bad, We're having 2 different debates lol I thought you were talking about Merryweather. But If it's Military you're Asking about, He Breaks into Fort Zancudo to steal the Cargobob used for the Merryweather Heist. And The convoy That has the bombs suits for the paleto score. And Then there's his rampage mission, where in fact he could take out Multiple tanks.
You seem to think that each individual soldier went through multiple wars. I can't really stress how unlikely that is because, you know, people die in war. Assuming them to have some experience is fine, but anything beyond that seems to be pure guesswork.
"The folks waging outsourced shadow wars in twenty countries around the globe, and recently cleared to operate on US soil?"
Trevor says this.

Also one thing I think should be brought up here is that experience ain't the end all be all.

There are Gangbangers that have been in Gunfights and there are Soliders that haven't.
That's not to say that aren't regular folks who are better shooters than soldiers. There are.

But Training matters. And Merryweather is Funded in the billions. They're ran by a ex-Navy SEAL. If you see their weapons and their Vehicles, especially in Online, you'd see what I'm talking about.

They're better Trained and Better armed than any1 Niko has every fought. Niko's Opps we're still using WWII Era Weapons.
For starters: Railguns generally fire at about Mach 6 and there's no "Hypersonic attack speed with Railgun" on his profile. Regardless, I was mostly thinking about something that was talked about in a thread a couple of years back.
Ahh ok.
And I think a trigger-happy Rocket Launcher and AK-47 wielding gang member with a "most wanted" status can be safely assumed to be of the dangerous sort.
The kind that Single handedly kills a small arny mercenaries in his home? The kind that kills a construction site full of Mobsters? The kind that almost single handedly wipe out cartel hitmen, an entire band of heavily armed meth dealers, extremely dangerous biker gangs? The kind that robs the biggest bank on earth? Talk about assumptions Earlier? This is the biggest one, honestly.

If you genuinely think he's as dangerous as Michael, Trevor, or Franklin, You're crazy.
Gonna be a pain in the ass for Trevor to set up a trap given that Niko has excessive prior knowledge on central part.
Whatchu mean? No mention of Prior knowledge in this fight.
Sticky bombs and tear gas are literally not going to be a wincon here regardless. During the time period where Trevor pulls out either one and gets ready to throw them he'll already be blasted by an RPG.
🧢 Cuz he could spam them while firing at NB. Niko pulls an RPG Trevor Pulls an RPG. Or a Homing launcher. Or a grenade launcher where he has 10 shots of continuous fire.
Try 2:03. But IDK I'm not sure if he landed so I'll try to find another vid, or make one myself.
Not my point. Don't you think it seems a little stupid for Trevor of all people to cower in fear? I really don't think that "feat" should be taken for granted.
Because that's totally a good debunk of it. In fact Trevor does weird stuff all the Time lol he's always sarcastic.
That's not athleticism, that's physical strength.
Fair enough.
That wasn't really my point. Michael is definitely still somewhat above average in H2H combat but compared to Trevor who probably learned some tricks here and there in the air force or Niko who's great at Krav Maga he's nothing special.
True.
It's not as bad when you considerably outskill your opponent.
It's worse when his weapons are better than yours and they become stronger, and he even becomes more accurate.

My bad, We're having 2 different debates lol I thought you were talking about Merryweather. But If it's Military you're Asking about, He Breaks into Fort Zancudo to steal the Cargobob used for the Merryweather Heist. And The convoy That has the bombs suits for the paleto score. And Then there's his rampage mission, where in fact he could take out Multiple tanks.
Nah it's cool.

I think the Fort Zancudo feat is sliiiightly iffy because there's nothing to say that he actually killed any peeps there but the other two work.

"The folks waging outsourced shadow wars in twenty countries around the globe, and recently cleared to operate on US soil?"
Trevor says this.

Also one thing I think should be brought up here is that experience ain't the end all be all.

There are Gangbangers that have been in Gunfights and there are Soliders that haven't.
That's not to say that aren't regular folks who are better shooters than soldiers. There are.

But Training matters. And Merryweather is Funded in the billions. They're ran by a ex-Navy SEAL. If you see their weapons and their Vehicles, especially in Online, you'd see what I'm talking about.

They're better Trained and Better armed than any1 Niko has every fought. Niko's Opps we're still using WWII Era Weapons.
They might be better trained but that does not mean that they are more skilled. Training =/= skill. Not a single Merryweather mercenary has any actual skill feat.

The kind that Single handedly kills a small arny mercenaries in his home? The kind that kills a construction site full of Mobsters? The kind that almost single handedly wipe out cartel hitmen, an entire band of heavily armed meth dealers, extremely dangerous biker gangs? The kind that robs the biggest bank on earth? Talk about assumptions Earlier? This is the biggest one, honestly.

If you genuinely think he's as dangerous as Michael, Trevor, or Franklin, You're crazy.
Not only did I not equate him to any of the trio, but the point was moreso an supporting point regardless. I do think it's arguable for him to be as dangerous as Franklin though because his feats are pretty grounded when compared to pretty much any other protagonist (think he's around the same level as Johnny Klebitz, probably slightly inferior). Frank is great but he's not on the level of a most wanted criminal.

I'll however admit that that also boils down to assumptions to a degree, so you don't need to reply to this if you don't want to.

Whatchu mean? No mention of Prior knowledge in this fight.

Guess where GTA IV takes place?

🧢 Cuz he could spam them while firing at NB. Niko pulls an RPG Trevor Pulls an RPG. Or a Homing launcher. Or a grenade launcher where he has 10 shots of continuous fire.
He can't throw them very far while firing.

This is how the proposed situation would go:
  • Niko takes out an RPG
  • Trevor sees that, takes out an RPG/Homing Launcher/Grenade Launcher/whatever, gets ready to fire - gets blasted away

Because that's totally a good debunk of it. In fact Trevor does weird stuff all the Time lol he's always sarcastic.
There was nothing sarcastic about the way he cowered in fear lmao. It's just a weird scene that shouldn't be taken for granted, he would really not be scared of either of the other protagonists nor would he let them hit him.

It's worse when his weapons are better than yours and they become stronger, and he even becomes more accurate.
It's a bit worse, sure, but you can have the best and strongest weapons in the world and that won't do much good to you if your opponent considerably outskills you. The small boost in accuracy is also not too crazy, if it was something on the level of Michael's special ability I could see this as a good point.

I think the Fort Zancudo feat is sliiiightly iffy because there's nothing to say that he actually killed any peeps there but the other two work.
You can't exactly just run in fort Zancudo without any response. It's always on sight of them.
They might be better trained but that does not mean that they are more skilled. Training =/= skill. Not a single Merryweather mercenary has any actual skill feat.
Actually 90% of the time Better Trained does mean better skilled. Which is the point of my comparison. Who's more skilled? A dude who gets into a 100 fights a day, or a guy who is golden gloves boxer but has never been in a real fight his whole life?

Perhaps this is whataboutism, but none of the soldiers that Niko fought have anything to suggest they're better than Merryweather, either, so I'm not sure y they being put on such a pedestal, here.
Not only did I not equate him to any of the trio, but the point was moreso an supporting point regardless. I do think it's arguable for him to be as dangerous as Franklin though because his feats are pretty grounded when compared to pretty much any other protagonist (think he's around the same level as Johnny Klebitz, probably slightly inferior). Frank is great but he's not on the level of a most wanted criminal.
Sorry, I thought that was being implied. The Frank claims we can debate that on the other thread, don't really feel like getting in it here.
Guess where GTA IV takes place?
Lol dumbass moment, my bad, I thought you meant he had prior knowledge of Trevor and his equipment.

But how would him knowing the environment, mean Trevor couldn't rig it with sticky bombs?

He knows where he is, but he wouldn't know where the bombs are.
He can't throw them very far while firing.
True.
  • Niko takes out an RPG
  • Trevor sees that, takes out an RPG/Homing Launcher/Grenade Launcher/whatever, gets ready to fire - gets blasted away
The rate of Fire the Grenade launcher would be a problem for him (I've brought this up numerous times)

Also don't their profiles state they can dodge rockets?

They could just dodge each other's rockets
There was nothing sarcastic about the way he cowered in fear lmao. It's just a weird scene that shouldn't be taken for granted, he would really not be scared of either of the other protagonists nor would he let them hit him.
Maybe lol, but hey, it's still there.

And besides, they're the only ones in the world that can stand up to him lmao so I don't fault them for acting like that.
It's a bit worse, sure, but you can have the best and strongest weapons in the world and that won't do much good to you if your opponent considerably outskills you. The small boost in accuracy is also not too crazy, if it was something on the level of Michael's special ability I could see this as a good point.
I've long agreed with you that Trevor is out skilled in H2H. As a gunman? No. No sir.

You can't exactly just run in fort Zancudo without any response. It's always on sight of them.
Trevor could've still just taken a car, driven as fast as possible until he spotted a Cargobob and then snatched it as soon as possible before the soldiers were able to retaliate. Hell, I'm fairly certain I did the mission like that.

Actually 90% of the time Better Trained does mean better skilled. Which is the point of my comparison. Who's more skilled? A dude who gets into a 100 fights a day, or a guy who is golden gloves boxer but has never been in a real fight his whole life?

Perhaps this is whataboutism, but none of the soldiers that Niko fought have anything to suggest they're better than Merryweather, either, so I'm not sure y they being put on such a pedestal, here.
The impressive part is Niko having fought in the second-worst European war with incredibly bad odds and still making it out alive, not just fighting some soldiers.

Lol dumbass moment, my bad, I thought you meant he had prior knowledge of Trevor and his equipment.

But how would him knowing the environment, mean Trevor couldn't rig it with sticky bombs?

He knows where he is, but he wouldn't know where the bombs are.
I mean the terrain knowledge advantage is a pretty huge one. I don't think Trevor would be able to trap him easily.

Not to mention that Niko's always on guard regardless, so the chances of that get even slimmer.

The rate of Fire the Grenade launcher would be a problem for him (I've brought this up numerous times)

Also don't their profiles state they can dodge rockets?

They could just dodge each other's rockets
And just for you I'll acknowledge that so that you won't have to bring it up another time. Niko's rockets are still faster than the grenades and I think those could be dodged at long range.

Good point, but Niko doesn't need to directly tag him - as long as Trevor is caught in the blast radius he'll be sent flying.

Maybe lol, but hey, it's still there.

And besides, they're the only ones in the world that can stand up to him lmao so I don't fault them for acting like that.
I'm sorry, but I'm not convinced. That seems like pretty poor reasoning.

I've long agreed with you that Trevor is out skilled in H2H. As a gunman? No. No sir.
Initially, I would've agreed with you and considered them mostly equal, but by now I feel like what I considered to be Trevor's best skill feat isn't really skill related at all - the military rampage one. Since, you know, his durability is massively boosted and allows him to take attacks that normally one-shot him during those missions...

As of now, I think Niko's better but Trevor is not completely outclassed.

Trevor could've still just taken a car, driven as fast as possible until he spotted a Cargobob and then snatched it as soon as possible before the soldiers were able to retaliate. Hell, I'm fairly certain I did the mission like that.
I tried it like that once, a tank showed up and blew my ass up. It's easier to go on foot.
The impressive part is Niko having fought in the second-worst European war with incredibly bad odds and still making it out alive, not just fighting some soldiers.
Which is what I'm talking about. I'll stand on my previous reply. More experience, don't mean more Skilled. One more time. Better weapons, better training.
I mean the terrain knowledge advantage is a pretty huge one. I don't think Trevor would be able to trap him easily.

Not to mention that Niko's always on guard regardless, so the chances of that get even slimmer.
Fair enough
And just for you I'll acknowledge that so that you won't have to bring it up another time. Niko's rockets are still faster than the grenades and I think those could be dodged at long range.

Good point, but Niko doesn't need to directly tag him - as long as Trevor is caught in the blast radius he'll be sent flying.
And vice versa. A large increase in Damage + small increase in accuracy, would be hell to deal with. Especially a homing launcher that tracks your movement and follows you.
I'm sorry, but I'm not convinced. That seems like pretty poor reasoning.
Why? I think it makes sense. I mean, it's not like Trevor isn't afraid of anything. He is afraid of clowns
Initially, I would've agreed with you and considered them mostly equal, but by now I feel like what I considered to be Trevor's best skill feat isn't really skill related at all - the military rampage one. Since, you know, his durability is massively boosted and allows him to take attacks that normally one-shot him during those missions...
Well it's not like he took out an airfield full of the lost. It's not like he didn't crash a plane into a jumbo jet full of Merryweather operatives and killed them all, it's not like he downed IAA and Merryweather Choppers during the "Wrap up" Saving Michael and Dave's asses.

Come on, man.

I tried it like that once, a tank showed up and blew my ass up. It's easier to go on foot.
Whaa no

If you're slower you're going be blown to smithereens sooner lol especially because it takes Trevor like 12 minutes to get up after taking a shot from a tank

Which is what I'm talking about. I'll stand on my previous reply. More experience, don't mean more Skilled. One more time. Better weapons, better training.
Okay, cool. Niko's taken out small armies of armed opponents numerous times, I'd like to see any of those featless soldiers doing that.

And vice versa. A large increase in Damage + small increase in accuracy, would be hell to deal with. Especially a homing launcher that tracks your movement and follows you.
It's not like the increase in damage matters, one well placed shot and both of them are done for. And given that Niko is certainly quicker on the draw...

Again, that increase in accuracy really is nothing crazy.

I might be confusing the homing launcher with the one from San Andreas, but doesn't it only lock on to vehicles...?

Why? I think it makes sense. I mean, it's not like Trevor isn't afraid of anything. He is afraid of clowns
Are you calling Franklin and Michael clowns? Zamn

No but on a more serious note him having one huge fear (technically like two lol) doesn't mean that he's going to be scared of his two closest companions that are about to hit him for him annoying them, hell, he welcomed Michael to break his fingers when Michael was annoyed at Trevor throwing pebbles at him.

Well it's not like he took out an airfield full of the lost. It's not like he didn't crash a plane into a jumbo jet full of Merryweather operatives and killed them all, it's not like he downed IAA and Merryweather Choppers during the "Wrap up" Saving Michael and Dave's asses.

Come on, man.
Washed up lost. Unprepared and probably understandably terrified Merryweather operatives. One of those choppers didn't know about his presence.

None of those feats are beyond what Niko is capable of (but please note that particularly the second one is still a great feat, I definitely don't want to discredit it).

Whaa no

If you're slower you're going be blown to smithereens sooner lol especially because it takes Trevor like 12 minutes to get up after taking a shot from a tank
I was on my phone the first time I did it lol
Okay, cool. Niko's taken out small armies of armed opponents numerous times, I'd like to see any of those featless soldiers doing that.
It's GTA Everyone does that. Lol
It's not like the increase in damage matters, one well placed shot and both of them are done for. And given that Niko is certainly quicker on the draw...
It definitely matters.
I might be confusing the homing launcher with the one from San Andreas, but doesn't it only lock on to vehicles...?
I think it can lock on to humans too, but I could be wrong
Washed up lost.
Isn't Trevor one of the main reasons the lost is so washed up?
Unprepared and probably understandably terrified Merryweather operatives. One of those choppers didn't know about his presence
That doesn't make sense. They warned Trevor numerous times, so the dudes in board definitely knew he was coming. And for the choppers? I think he shoots down more of them later on.
None of those feats are beyond what Niko is capable of (but please note that particularly the second one is still a great feat, I definitely don't want to discredit it).
The Merryweather feat is better than anything Niko does during the events of GTA 4

I was on my phone the first time I did it lol
It's official: you > me.

It's GTA Everyone does that. Lol
If everyone and their mother can take down huge groups of armed opponents then I feel like it's wack to indicate each of those opponents to be capable of the same thing. Featless soldiers are not going to do the same things that Niko did, being a soldier isn't that great of an accomplishment in GTA on its own.

It definitely matters.
No, it doesn't, and you haven't even given a reason for this.

I think it can lock on to humans too, but I could be wrong
I checked and you're wrong - it only locks on to vehicles. So this is a bit of a moot point.

Isn't Trevor one of the main reasons the lost is so washed up?
Yeah but mostly due to getting a lot of high-ranking members addicted to meth and having the GTA Online protag mess them up a few times, not due to killing them all by himself.

That doesn't make sense. They warned Trevor numerous times, so the dudes in board definitely knew he was coming. And for the choppers? I think he shoots down more of them later on.
They knew he was coming, sure, but did they know that he was going to ******* crash his plane into their jet. They were most likely scared shitless.

Oh, also, I wasn't meaning to indicate that the Merryweather peeps on the plane didn't know that he was coming - just that the first chopper he shot down in the FIB four way shootout didn't know about his presence.

The Merryweather feat is better than anything Niko does during the events of GTA 4
Hell no. Sure, it's a better feat when it comes to his prowess when it comes to flying - he's the far better pilot, no doubt - but killing not even ten Merryweather mercs is not better than anything Niko does lol.

It's official: you > me.
This was like 8 years ago so nah.

If everyone and their mother can take down huge groups of armed opponents then I feel like it's wack to indicate each of those opponents to be capable of the same thing. Featless soldiers are not going to do the same things that Niko did, being a soldier isn't that great of an accomplishment in GTA on its own
I'm starting to think you haven't played any GTA outside of IV and V lol. Yes literally everyone you play as in the series is capable of doing this.
As for the second thing, Honestly? Who did Niko face? Featless soldiers. Merryweather has dudes all over the earth

No, it doesn't, and you haven't even given a reason for this.
Because if it's H2H Niko's in trouble. But maybe you're right. It likely wouldn't come to this.
Hell no. Sure, it's a better feat when it comes to his prowess when it comes to flying - he's the far better pilot, no doubt - but killing not even ten Merryweather mercs is not better than anything Niko does lol.
It is. I'll Die on this hill.

A militia directly compared to the US military. With billions worth of funding and training.
Fighting various wars across the planet.

Niko fought a bunch of kids with Mosin Nagants and shit lol

But I don't really care about this debate anymore lol it's getting kind of overwhelming responding to you on two different threads.

I probably won't respond to this one anymore, and just on the Franklin vs Luis one

Back