• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok, this is a my concern about Monokuma and Monokubs' ratings.

AP

Wall level (Shouldn't be weaker than students like Ryoma or Tenko)

A question for this. Why? Why is assumed they're not weaker than these characters? Monokubs died for being crushed under a giant piano or even fall damage. These are hard anti feats for them being 9-B, and aren't even contradicted from the series. And Monokuma hasn't anything to support him being 9-B either, so all of them should be downgraded to Unknown without Exisals, giving the lack of feats.

Speed

Ok, so there's Monotaro who is typing so fast that is generating fire from the friction. Someone might say "Mach 5 DRV3, so they're Hypersonic, hooray!". But, no. Mach 5 is reached not from friction, but compression. But why am I bringing this then? Kokichi is scaled from Kaito's speed, and he finds said feat really impressive, so Monotaro, Monokuma and the Monokubs should be "At least Subsonic, likely higher". Exisals would be "Supersonic+, likely higher", as an Exisal was able to crush Monokuma from accident, with the latter not being able to dodge it. No human character scales from their speed for obvious reasons, while Post-Upgrades K1-B0 would scale from Exisals' speed.

All of this applies to Team Danganronpa too, as that created all of this.

TLDR

Monokuma and Monokubs ratings without Exisals: 9-B -> Unknown

Monokuma, Monokubs and peak Team Danganronpa's inventions speed: Subsonic -> At least Subsonic, likely higher

Exisals and Post-Upgrades K1-B0's speed: Supersonic+ -> Supersonic+, likely higher

Monokubs died for being crushed under a giant piano or even fall damage. These are hard anti feats for them being 9-B, and aren't even contradicted from the series.
To be honest, I feel like there are anti-feats in the original countiuty but not too sure. For Danganronpa V3, I agree with the Unknown rating.

Ok, so there's Monotaro who is typing so fast that is generating fire from the friction. Someone might say "Mach 5 DRV3, so they're Hypersonic, hooray!". But, no. Mach 5 is reached not from friction, but compression. But why am I bringing this then? Kokichi is scaled from Kaito's speed, and he finds said feat really impressive, so Monotaro, Monokuma and the Monokubs should be "At least Subsonic, likely higher". Exisals would be "Supersonic+, likely higher", as an Exisal was able to crush Monokuma from accident, with the latter not being able to dodge it. No human character scales from their speed for obvious reasons, while Post-Upgrades K1-B0 would scale from Exisals' speed.

All of this applies to Team Danganronpa too, as that created all of this.
This sounds like it should go through Calcs before making any hard decisions.

To be honest, I feel like there are anti-feats in the original countiuty but not too sure. For Danganronpa V3, I agree with the Unknown rating.
Main continuity has feats, Monokubs have not. That's the difference.

This sounds like it should go through Calcs before making any hard decisions.
Dude. I literally made half of the calcs for Danganronpa here. I know what I'm talking about. I already googoled up, and only says Mach 5, but reasons are incompatible with irl criterias. That's why only a "likely higher" here.

Uhm, yes. And you know too that half of the calcs listed for DR are mine. Anyway, enough derailing. Thoughts on it?
I agree with the AP change

Some issues with Speed.

1. Monotaro wasn't doing it casually. He was putting real effort into preforming those speeds and I don't recall the Monocubs putting real effort except... Well, yeah, I guess K1-B0 scales

2. Eh, I don't buy the "Monokuma wasn't able to dodge" scaling. The Exisal came from behind Monokuma, as show in the image, and everyone who was looking at the Exisal the whole time was surprise at what it did after the fact, even the Monocubs. Perhaps there could've been some arguement that Monokuma was afraid of his own mortality, like the Monocubs implied moments later, but we as 4th Wall viewers know that is never the case.

Hm, I guess the Monokuma scaling works too. My initial thought was wrong.

Whelp, I agree

Last edited:
1. Monotaro wasn't doing it casually. He was putting real effort into preforming those speeds and I don't recall the Monocubs putting real effort except... Well, yeah, I guess K1-B0 scales
Kokichi was still impressed tho.
2. Eh, I don't buy the "Monokuma wasn't able to dodge" scaling. The Exisal came from behind Monokuma, as show in the image, and everyone who was looking at the Exisal the whole time was surprise at what it did after the fact, even the Monocubs. Perhaps there could've been some arguement that Monokuma was afraid of his own mortality, like the Monocubs implied moments later, but we as 4th Wall viewers know that is never the case.
So a "Supersonic+, possibly higher" then? Given the vagueness of the thing.

Kokichi was still impressed tho.

So a "Supersonic+, possibly higher" then? Given the vagueness of the thing.
No no, my bad. I relooked at the image and Monokuma's nose is up. He clearly saw the Exisal running in his direction. Well, I guess its the matter of whether Monokuma cared for his robotic immortal life or not to dodge to qualify as a Speed scaling.

He tends to scream like a little girl as an act.

Then... Would you said Monokuma's Reaction speed would be lower to Exisal's Travel Speed?

Actually, didn't Shuichi outrun Exisal's travel speed in the beginning of DRV3?

With Shuichi outrunning Exisals... hm...

This might be an example of Combat speed being faster than Travel speed. Whats the scaling of Monokuma's Travel Speed against Shuichi's?

With Shuichi outrunning Exisals... hm...

This might be an example of Combat speed being faster than Travel speed. Whats the scaling of Monokuma's Travel Speed against Shuichi's?
I think you heavily misremember the Prologue. It was done to push them to the gym, not to catch and kill them, so they were supressed all the time and were slower on purpose. Aka Shuichi doesn't scale to them.

I think you heavily misremember the Prologue. It was done to push them to the gym, not to catch and kill them, so they were supressed all the time and were slower on purpose. Aka Shuichi doesn't scale to them.
Doesn't seem so. Monokid yells "Found you!" looking for them, Kaede says "Run!", Monokid says "wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait waaaaaiiiiittttt!!"

That doesn't sound (nor is Monokid a smart character to fake his reactions) like he was leading them. Instead, from Monokid's reaction, he wanted to catch them and bring them to the Gym but they headed there anyway.

Gotta turn in~

Doesn't seem so. Monokid yells "Found you!" looking for them, Kaede says "Run!", Monokid says "wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait waaaaaiiiiittttt!!"

That doesn't sound (nor is Monokid a smart character to fake his reactions) like he was leading them. Instead, from Monokid's reaction, he wanted to catch them and bring them to the Gym but they headed there anyway.

Gotta turn in~
I mean, it can perfectly be a strategy to lead them in the direction he wanted, as later in Chapter 6 only way to get rid of an Exisal is using Keebo.

I mean, it can perfectly be a strategy to lead them in the direction he wanted, as later in Chapter 6 only way to get rid of an Exisal is using Keebo.
Well, sure, but that could be an AP and Durability thing, as I don't remember the Exisals touching Keebo. As for strategy, again, Monokid's reaction doesn't seem to be support the case of Shuichi wasn't outrunning Monokid, as he was telling Shuichi to wait.

I still agree with AP change and Monokuma and the Monokubs new scaling but I'm uncertain if scaling the Exisals based on Monokuma is valid, since Combat and Travel speed don't necessarily automatically correlate.

Last edited:
Well, sure, but that could be an AP and Durability thing, as I don't remember the Exisals touching Keebo. As for strategy, again, Monokid's reaction doesn't seem to be support the case of Shuichi wasn't outrunning Monokid, as he was telling Shuichi to wait.
Well, the Monokubs, judging from their reaction, they weren't blitzed, only case is where they were off guard to attack Shuichi.
I still agree with AP change and Monokuma and the Monokubs new scaling but I'm uncertain if scaling the Exisals based on Monokuma is valid, since Combat and Travel speed don't necessarily automatically correlate.
I dunno, a "possibly higher" instead of likely then?

Well, the Monokubs, judging from their reaction, they weren't blitzed, only case is where they were off guard to attack Shuichi.
Hm, when did Shuichi take them off guard (is it the Monokid thing from the intro)?

(Tho, hm, even without arguing Shuichi ran away from an Exisal, do Monokuma and kids have travel speed feats faster than Shuichi?)

I dunno, a "possibly higher" instead of likely then?
I mean….. the standard has Combat and Travel speed differ, not necessarily scaling equally to each other without evidence, what would make the Exisal’s travel speed being higher than Monokuma’s combat speed possible?

Hm, when did Shuichi take them off guard (is it the Monokid thing from the intro)?

(Tho, hm, even without arguing Shuichi ran away from an Exisal, do Monokuma and kids have travel speed feats faster than Shuichi?)
I'm talking about Chapter 6, where they appear right in front of Shuichi while he's running, meaning they cross the area faster than him. Keebo blitzes them there because they were focused on Shuichi lol.

Alri
I'm talking about Chapter 6, where they appear right in front of Shuichi while he's running, meaning they cross the area faster than him. Keebo blitzes them there because they were focused on Shuichi lol.
Could I see a link for context?

Why not upscale Keebo's Combat Speed off of Exisals' Combat speed that upscales from, or rather equals to, the MonoKids?
Nonono I mean that Keebo himself is already Supersonic+ due to his feat of fighting equally against Exisals, who have miniguns, and has shown when fighting them, and Exisals as well, meaning they scale in combat to their own miniguns. Monokids are Subsonic at best instead as I already said.

Nonono I mean that Keebo himself is already Supersonic+ due to his feat of fighting equally against Exisals, who have miniguns, and has shown when fighting them, and Exisals as well, meaning they scale in combat to their own miniguns. Monokids are Subsonic at best instead as I already said.
Ahhhh. Ok, then
Exisals would be "Supersonic+, likely higher", as an Exisal was able to crush Monokuma from accident, with the latter not being able to dodge it. No human character scales from their speed for obvious reasons, while Post-Upgrades K1-B0 would scale from Exisals' speed.
Would this even work for scaling K1-B0's Combat Speed to upscale from Monokuma and the Monokids, if the Exisal who crushed Monokuma was using Travel Speed?

If a character travels or flies very fast through a very empty terrain, in which it doesn't necessarily have to react to sudden obstacles, the speed in question is travel or flight speed, but not necessarily reaction speed. In order for it to also be reaction speed, and the speed in total hence applying to the character's combat speed, the character either must have demonstrated the ability to react to sudden obstacles while traveling at this speed, have a calculation made that supports the character having corresponding reaction speed/time or otherwise demonstrate having comparable reactions.

Simply being able to stop accurately at the target destination does typically not qualify, as it can be spotted from a large distance to make preparations to stop or the character could even slow down before reaching the destination, assuming we only know the average speed with which they moved.

Last edited:
I really dunno lol. Besides, the rest should be accepted so I'll apply the changes to Monokuma, Monokids and Team Danganronpa when I have time.

I really dunno lol. Besides, the rest should be accepted so I'll apply the changes to Monokuma, Monokids and Team Danganronpa when I have time.
Ok. I apologize for being nitpicky. I am new to understanding the Combat, Reaction and Travel Speed differences and I don't fully understand where dodging relates to. Specially since Monokuma is smaller than its foot, giving Monokuma a wide area to dodge. Would it be Combat, Reaction, Travel? I think dodging would be a Reaction speed feat, if Monokuma wasn't aware the Exisal was going to run him over before till it was about to.

Back