• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danganronpa Tier 9s upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the feat consistent for the (current) 9-B characters? Is this one feat enough to upgrade the 9-Bs? Does it work with the scaling?
Chiaki has a casual 9-C feat while weakened and Makoto's feat doesn't really contradict anything, so yeah.

It's on his durability. And not just that. Kazuichi has another 9-B feat as well, so currently there two 9-B feats and a really casual 9-C feat.
1) Kazuichi Souda's feat surviving the truck was no casual...
also it was in the city of day by a random street, so what was supported was this: 45 mph or 20.1168 m / s (Daily City travel speed) = ((36287 * 20.1168) / (70 + 1500)) ^ 2 * 70 * 0.5 = 14109.50864 joules, or 14.109 kilojoules - Street level +
it's not 9-b
Chiaki has a casual 9-C feat while weakened and Makoto's feat doesn't really contradict anything, so yeah.
2) And I may not remember the scene perfectly but ... didn't this make Teruteru faint? And even if he couldn't use all of her strength for the aphrodisiac, didn't she faint after her? The rest of the cast showed that even though they had a hard time moving they still could, a casual movement would not have made her faint ... plus that is 2009.000125649978 J, it is too low to be used as support for even 9-b

1) Kazuichi Souda's feat surviving the truck was no casual...
He was fine shortlyafter iirc.

And I may not remember the scene perfectly but ... didn't this make Teruteru faint? And even if he couldn't use all of her strength for the aphrodisiac, didn't she faint after her? The rest of the cast showed that even though they had a hard time moving they still could, a casual movement would not have made her faint ... plus that is 2009.000125649978 J, it is too low to be used as support for even 9-b
It made Teru faint because of the effects of the drug for one. It was casual because of them being messed up both physically and mentally real bad.

Also we use Tier 7 stuff to support Tier 6 scalings (Pokemon for example) so I don't see much a counter from such.

and he had no injury from it.

image0.jpg

As far as I know: the stronger you are, the less the difference in the scale apparently matters (4-C feats can justify 4-A, 4-A to 3-C, hight 5-A to 4-C and so on ...)

Yeah ik, tho you can probably argue it was due of sheer amount of Monokumas around and all that happened before lol

It is also incalculable for many factors, also we do not even know if the monokuma survived (if the first one he sees when leaving is the same and not another), this is 9-b and physically superior to a normal person from danganronpa, which in case of not doing it would be an outlier for komaru

And even if she fainted just from the amount of monokuma, she was dragging, which means it is no casual

Well, I can see your point. However, it's more of a supporting feat, which doesn't really disprove this new feat in all honestly. Excluding Soda's feat, you still have Makoto's and Chiaki's feats supporting this one.

Makoto is according to his own words a less than average person, meanwhile Kazuichi Souda (an average person) was left in a very bad condition by something that is Street level + (maybe less, I understand that being hit by a truck and being thrown by the airs for a truck are different things), and between the two I do not think that Makoto's feat can be used, since the franchise uses luck as an excuse, and in the end we never saw the complete fall.

Nanami's feat can perfectly justify that the maximum is Kazuichi's feat since he is approximately 7 times weaker.

In the end, both a 9-C and a 9-B are fairly consistent, according to the feats we've seen in this thread:
9-C = 2 feats
9-B = 1 feat and one probable feat (helicopter)
9-A = 1 feat
But 9-C seems the most consistent of the 3.

Extra note that it doesn't matter in the argument:
By the way about the feat of the explosion of danganronpa 3, considering that right after it is the cut of the chapter and Monaca has time to put on her pajamas, it is most likely that they will faint after the explosion, in addition to having debris on top.

If the writing is not understood, it is the fault of the google translator

Question, has Junko tanking the Bulldozer been calced? Where are the verse’s calcs listed?

Tbh, I can use Monaca taking all the debris falling on her in UDG ending (after Giant Monokuma fight), tho she couldn't move probably because she was physically a child.

In the end, both a 9-C and a 9-B are fairly consistent, according to the feats we've seen in this thread:
9-C = 2 feats
9-B = 1 feat and one probable feat (helicopter)
9-A = 1 feat
But 9-C seems the most consistent of the 3.
Does this really disprove 9-A? I mean, I don't really see anything that really contradicts 9-A here. But if you want to trow around the word consistency everywhere I can probably compromise with "9-B, likely 9-A".

And yeah the verse absolutely needs the calculations list and Supersonic+ ratings need a fix, not because wrong calc, but they directly link to the calc and not Hagakure profile itself.

They were 9-A in the past but got downgraded.
Here’s the thread
The reasoning seems to be:
Anti-feats, such as being killed by 9-B animals, smaller explosions, machines, etc.
The explosion was meant to fake their death and not to try to actually hurt them, so it would logically have been able to kill them to make it convincing, and they probably didn’t set it off such that it would do so. People argued that since after the detonator was pressed, there was a fade to white rather than an immediate explosion, this could be a time skip, and they could have had the bomb on something like a detonation timer.
The calc didn’t account for distance and inverse square, so tanking it would most likely only be 9-B.

And yeah the verse absolutely needs the calculations list and Supersonic+ ratings need a fix, not because wrong calc, but they directly link to the calc and not Hagakure profile itself.
supersonic speed + comes from scaling to this
Hagakure's thing is superhuman
Tbh, I can use Monaca taking all the debris falling on her in UDG ending (after Giant Monokuma fight), tho she couldn't move probably because she was physically a child.
And how do we know how much damage she received from this?
Even if it is calculated, it will not have received the full damage, falling on the Surface area (bad at calculations, I do not know if it is the correct name)
Above is inconsistent, because in the scene she is in the center of the rubble, but when we see her again she was on one side and had only caught her legs

by the way ... why does Monaca have the Big Bang monokuma in her profile? She never controlled it, and she herself says that only Dad and Reiji can use it
Does this really disprove 9-A? I mean, I don't really see anything that really contradicts 9-A here. But if you want to trow around the word consistency everywhere I can probably compromise with "9-B, likely 9-A".
There is only one feat 9-A, and those of the 9-B that of the helicopter we do not know if it is even wall level

Also:
-the monokumas that the best thing they have is to pierce metal with their claws are superior to the average human
-makoto's fall was in garbage bags that softened the fall according to history (I don't know much about calculations, but I think the calculation mentions them but they do not do anything with that data [although it may also be that I have skipped a line ])
-Explosions of a single monokuma are enough to send Fukawa flying and knock her out together with Komaru , so I think of several together with the robot bosses = No.
-Here some minor explosions:
1 (although this specific case may be "Pis" because it was the genocide who put up with it)
2 (It does not even give it fully)
-We have danganronpa Killer Killer, in which except for a few (both killer killers, the one obsessed with explosives, etc) do not perform feats that go beyond 9-C, and in fact it is where they most seem normal humans (by the way .. Dogami? supersonic for being comparable to killer killer, if the only attack he made was easily dodged),
every time we are shown to those on the side of despair, the best we see is car crash
-These are comparable to normal humans (after all they are only normal humans with helmets)

And in fact almost all the verse needs a revision (which as I said several times I am already planning) the problems range from: doubtful scalings, feats that should be calculated, an unusable calculation, the occasional forgotten or misplaced skill etc.
for the moment I will put the calculation table in the verse of danganronpa (including the feat that I think should not be used{Genocide}, since it is currently being used).

Last edited:
And how do we know how much damage she received from this?
Even if it is calculated, it will not have received the full damage, falling on the Surface area (bad at calculations, I do not know if it is the correct name)
Above is inconsistent, because in the scene she is in the center of the rubble, but when we see her again she was on one side and had only caught her legs
Uhm, I was using only another supporting feat which is Tier 9 at bare minimum tbf.

There is only one feat 9-A
And?
That was Shirokuma, and we can perfectly argue a 9-A potency bomb because of verses having even Tier 8/7 "regular" weapons.
-We have danganronpa Killer Killer, in which except for a few (both killer killers, the one obsessed with explosives, etc) do not perform feats that go beyond 9-C, and in fact it is where they most seem normal humans (by the way .. Dogami? supersonic for being comparable to killer killer, if the only attack he made was easily dodged),
This doesn't disprove my point at all.

Really, you are repeating "there's just a 9-A feat, others aren't so verse can't be 9-A" where several verses here are a certain tier for a single feat and the others much lower. Why is DR suddenly an exception?

Oh geez, this sounds like I disagree with the feat and the possibility (I like the feat), but I have to ask:

Is the feat consistent for the (current) 9-B characters? Is this one feat enough to upgrade the 9-Bs? Does it work with the scaling?
Well, Toko was one shotted by a way smaller explosion in DR1 and would have died to one that was the size of a door in UGD (per her own statement).
Besides Shirokuma instance.

That would make no sense since Toko’s durability is 8-C here. And we take feats > statements if you forgot.
Statement regarding an explosion that pushed her violently*

What exactly stops that esplosion being higher in 9-A again?
What exactly imply that 3 visual weaker explosion we actually see them tanking should be discarded for an explosion we see from the outside?

Technically speaking even normal human can survive the explosion in the OP (since nothing implies it was point blank iirc).

Statement regarding an explosion that pushed her violently*
Yeah, but she shares the same durability as Syo, that's the issue lmao.
What exactly imply that 3 visual weaker explosion we actually see them tanking should be discarded for an explosion we see from the outside?

Technically speaking even normal human can survive the explosion in the OP (since nothing implies it was point blank iirc).
It kinda of covered all the area, so the first assumption is that the final explosion was the one destroying the room completely, and Komaru/Toko were pretty close to the robots which exploded.

QuasiYuri and ElixirBlue:

So what do you think that we should do here?

Uhm, I was using only another supporting feat which is Tier 9 at bare minimum tbf.
No, you are using it to justify 9-A at least, if it were to justify the entire tier 9 you wouldn't do it, because no one has said that they go down to tier 10.
Well the obvious, there are a lot of feats of 9-B (or lower) that left the characters in bad condition, suddenly saying that they could resist them as if nothing for a feat is something weird.
That was Shirokuma, and we can perfectly argue a 9-A potency bomb because of verses having even Tier 8/7 "regular" weapons.
According to the story Shirokuma is only a monokuma with half of Junko's AI that painted his black part white, that he explodes or the others explode is the same.

And what do you mean by casual tier 8/7 weapons? To begin with ... what tier 7 weapons are there in danganronpa? And what tier 8 weapon is casual? Almost all are large robots, and the only exceptions (based on Vs Battles wiki) are special weapons (heat sword from Munakata, all blacksmith weapons that are made by an alloy special, Komaru's hacking megaphone which according to the story does not actually do physical damage) or is based on the sheer skill of its wielder (Peko's sword, Geno scissors, any weapon that Killer Killer and Mukuro Ikusaba use), the Killer Killer manga features several normal killer types, and with the exception of crazy for explosions, and maybe the type of parasites, we do not see anything that is greater than 9-C
This doesn't disprove my point at all.

Really, you are repeating "there's just a 9-A feat, others aren't so verse can't be 9-A" where several verses here are a certain tier for a single feat and the others much lower. Why is DR suddenly an exception?
If I repeat it, and you repeat just the opposite, we both give reasons for this ... you know that this is how the debate works, right?
I do not know what verses you are talking about, but there are cases that do just what I am doing, it is not an exception, it is just one more.
In addition, an outlier is based on the idea that the characters do something that they should not be capable of, as in this case, in which almost all cases end in fainting, so we cannot say that they are casuals.
Tbh if we can't get a straight 9-A I can buy a likely tbh, as Tier 9 feats in DR are kinda pretty common, even if most of these aren't calculable.
None is 9-A and nobody is telling you that it is not 9, they are just telling you that the jump is very big compared to similar but much smaller feats that we have seen, and that the low tier is consistently weaker than that...

And what do you mean by casual tier 8/7 weapons? To begin with ... what tier 7 weapons are there in danganronpa? And what tier 8 weapon is casual? Almost all are large robots, and the only exceptions (based on Vs Battles wiki) are special weapons (heat sword from Munakata, all blacksmith weapons that are made by an alloy special, Komaru's hacking megaphone which according to the story does not actually do physical damage) or is based on the sheer skill of its wielder (Peko's sword, Geno scissors, any weapon that Killer Killer and Mukuro Ikusaba use), the Killer Killer manga features several normal killer types, and with the exception of crazy for explosions, and maybe the type of parasites, we do not see anything that is greater than 9-C
I never said that DR has Tier 8/7 weapons. I'm talking about verses as One Piece or Doom where regular guns are Tier 7.
If I repeat it, and you repeat just the opposite, we both give reasons for this ... you know that this is how the debate works, right?
I do not know what verses you are talking about, but there are cases that do just what I am doing, it is not an exception, it is just one more.
In addition, an outlier is based on the idea that the characters do something that they should not be capable of, as in this case, in which almost all cases end in fainting, so we cannot say that they are casuals.
Them not being casual doesen't disprove the 9-A being a thing. They're not on the level of Tier 6 being defeated from Tier 8 stuff. It's still 9-B to 9-A, the gap isn't that large to begin with. About the verses, for example Pokémon High 6-As are such for just a feat while all the others are not even High 6-C. PMMM 7-Bs are such for 2 Tier 7 feats while the others are Tier 8 (and a Tier 7 Homura struggled with a 8-A attack).

In short, I don't really think you're making good counters.

Them not being casual doesen't disprove the 9-A being a thing. They're not on the level of Tier 6 being defeated from Tier 8 stuff. It's still 9-B to 9-A, the gap isn't that large to begin with. About the verses, for example Pokémon High 6-As are such for just a feat while all the others are not even High 6-C. PMMM 7-Bs are such for 2 Tier 7 feats while the others are Tier 8 (and a Tier 7 Homura struggled with a 8-A attack).
1. Pokémon: You mean the legendary ones, which are consistently superior? You are not using a feat to make stronger beings stronger, you are using a feat to make the weak group stronger.
2. I don't know about PMMM, but ... how many antifeats does he have compared to his feats? Are these characters that are proven to be consistently stronger than the others?

I also think I said it before, the louder the less the difference matters, while 300 joules is a huge amount for a real life human, for an 8-C it is nothing.
In short, I don't really think you're making good counters.
Was this necessary to say? In fact, I think the same of you, but it is only an opinion that is not necessary to say.

1. Pokémon: You mean the legendary ones, which are consistently superior? You are not using a feat to make stronger beings stronger, you are using a feat to make the weak group stronger.
You didn't get the point. High 6-As of the verse have a single feat on that caliber. And you obviously don't downgrade them from such tier ofc. Same for the 6-Bs, as all other Lugia's feats are like Tier 7, or Tornadus' Tier 7 tornado is counted as impressive.
I also think I said it before, the louder the less the difference matters, while 300 joules is a huge amount for a real life human, for an 8-C it is nothing.
Association fallacy. Tier 8 stuff to a Tier 7 is like thoudands times weaker.

But anyway, in this wiki we accept tiers for characters who struggle/don't do effortlessly stuff which is normally thousands times weaker than them (I can mention Earthbound too where it has just a 8-B feat but rest is 9-A (and they are damaged form such, mind you), and why is DR suddenly an exception to such?

Last edited:
Seriously, we accept verses which are a certain tier despite them not instantly one-shotting stuff which is supposed to take hundreds time less power to destroy it or them struggling at performing feats much below the tiering they're rated at, and now we do such for Danganronpa? What kind of double standard is this lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back