• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Damus Adapin vs. Valev

So, is there anything left to note here? Since as established, Damus kinda just doesn't have the potency to kill Valev before his Regenerationn gets overwhelmed and his soul is taken.

(All of his transformations being Tier Jumps, and this being a Wiki's Strongest Thread that disallows Tier Jumps, kinda hurts a lot I would think.)

Does Damus have viable win conditions here, or no? It at least seems he does, I'm more making sure I'm up to speed on this.

By VSBW standards, no, as he still regens and has ways to damage Valev. It just seems a bit unfair... I'll let Komodo note if he has any wincons.

@Smash

What is RPLevel?

Also, is that a vote, Smashtwig?

Yea, but do you think it's fair enough to add?

That wasn't a vote for Valev. I still thinking that inconclusive is possible. RPLevel refers to Reactive Power Level. Trickster Defense is quite the unique defensive tactic... I'm gonna keep my vote for Incon while I think over this a bit more while balancing my real life

Smashtwig said:
That wasn't a vote for Valev. I still thinking that inconclusive is possible. RPLevel refers to Reactive Power Level. Trickster Defense is quite the unique defensive tactic... I'm gonna keep my vote for Incon while I think over this a bit more while balancing my real life
That doesn't actually help Damus much- no matter how much he adapts, the best he can reach is equal to Valev, due to them both being unable to go into 6-A. Trickster's Defense is useful, but is delaying the inevitable-

Valev can kill via soul shenanigans, but does Damus have anything to win more often than not? And it seems, no.

The guy who made Damus and is the one doing the changes voted, tho. I imagine if he had a stirring, battle-warping change coming, he'd say so.

Speaking of which, if there is a large change coming, do say so.

Komodo25M said:
I just remembered Damus' has a High frequency blade, meaning that it can negate Valev's durability.
Valev or his clones get hit 1-2 times, then they destroy it.

Well, that does make it more fair, but I don't think it's enough. Valev can shrug off multiple lethal wounds with death prevention + regen, and only needs to put down Damus once.

Komodo25M said:
Well, there's also his moonslicer sword, which has shown to create small moons before
Sounds like a higher tier, so it won't be here.

Akreious said:
Is Valev gonna be the next Linx?
>strongest low 2-C

>piss-off wall of resistances

>anime protagonist good guys

possibly?

Wait what does this mean?

They'd use AP to destroy it.

But it has Tier 5 dura so all they can do is EE, disarm (difficult, since their lifting is baseline K), or bfr it.

Hm, EE may not work if it's magic based (this dude and Trav gon be friends with the HF s0rd goin on). BFRing may work, though idk how it works, is it a portal thing or is it just a ya yeet warp?

Portal.

Also, Consortium Flames would combust with magic and likely still damage the blade- enough attacks will render it unusable. After all, a sword is smaller than a human, and all you need to do is burn through a few inches to rend it in half.

Oh, so Cons. Flames actual do deal damage, interesting, I'm guessing it burns about as hot as Valev's normal flames

Smashtwig said:
Oh, so Cons. Flames actual do deal damage, interesting, I'm guessing it burns about as hot as Valev's normal flames
Well, they don't burn, per se, but instead just do magical blunt damage. It's a lesser used effect, but occasionally Consortium Travelers will beat eachother over the head with it when trying to hide their true abilities.

So it EEs and can do blunt damage, but mostly EEs.

If it does blunt damage, then it would definitely take a bit to destroy dat s0rd. Still going to be waiting on changes

Then you're gonna wait for quite a while, because I need to get his story checked.

@Smashtwig

I don't think it's too important, though. Worst comes to worst, we can redo it later. Should I do an overview of all of the points?

If Magno isn't voting for anyone, I suppose this is fine to add.

I'll add this now. Komodo, do you want to add it to Damus yourself?

Side note: Just saw OP didn't equalize speed. Given this entire debate sorta saw it as if speed was equalized, I'll add it under those pretenses; it does not change much, anyways.

Moritzva said:
I'll add this now. Komodo, do you want to add it to Damus yourself?

Side note: Just saw OP didn't equalize speed. Given this entire debate sorta saw it as if speed was equalized, I'll add it under those pretenses; it does not change much, anyways.
Can you do the same for Zeus(LOT)?

Back