• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Damus Adapin vs. Valev

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Normally, I'd set up some kind of pre-fight dialogue, such that there's context and framing to it: spruce things up some, perhaps, add some fun to the fight: but this is primarily for the Wiki's Strongest Thread which requires Standard Battle Assumptions. So, I kinda can't.

Damus Adapi can't use anything above High 6-B, and uses the first key. Valev is in World of Myths key and not 6-A (just High 6-B.) If this is an out-and-out stomp, of course, no adding it to profiles, but otherwise it's the usual: state your verdict, reasoning, etc.

h.

Alright, what are Damus' main things to win with here?

Valev got Death Manipulation and Existence Erasure on his side.

Damus has Low Godly Regen and Time Manipulation

Death is defensive (preventing death for a few seconds), EE is slow and countered by magic.

Could you describe in detail what his best stuff is?

He matched Hercules, who threw a comet from Earth to Mars.

He crushed a crystal that could Tanked a laser made to destroy countries.

He Tanked 100,000 tons of Antimatter

Was thrown into the moon and jumped back.

Ran around the Earth 700 times in two minutes.

There's a lot more if you look on his profile.

No, I mean-

Abilities wise.

And does he have an AP value?

AP value? He has Large Country Level AP

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Martial Arts, Regenerationn (Low-Godly), Self-Sustenance(Type 1), Shockwave Generation, Immortality (Types 1, 2 and 3), Nigh-Invulnerability, Enhanced Senses, Lifeforce Manipulation (Zen), Extrasensory Perception, Berserk Mode, Pyrokinesis, Electrokinesis, Psychokinesis, Time Manipulation, Indomitable Will, Resistance to Poison, Disease, Mind, Soul, Gravity Manipulation, Transmutation(was turned into a toy, but was still able to overpowered Kai.), and Petrification(Had a staring contest with Medusa that lasted an hour.), Fear Manipulation(killing intent), low levels of Breaking the Fourth Wall, Acausality(Type 1), Duplication(Trickster defense), Reactive Power Level, Rage Power

(This is for Base, Primal, and Lycan Damus)

Could you tell me what his most notable and game-winning powers and abilities are?

Regenerationn (Low-Godly), Reactive Power Level, Resistance to Poison, Disease, Mind, Soul, Gravity Manipulation, Transmutation(was turned into a toy, but was still able to overpowered Kai.), and Petrification(Had a staring contest with Medusa that lasted an hour.), Nigh-Invulnerability and possibly Psychokinesis

He can only be harmed by Silver Weapons, Mercury Weapons, Wolfsbane, and Weapons that didn't originate from Earth

Earth being, the very same dimension/planet they are on, or just any "earthly" material, even if it came from Mars or something?

I didn't look at Dam's stuff yet. But from I know about Valev due to just knowing the dude longer, I think I have a decent idea of what works and what doesn't

Dam's Invul won't work, since every one of Valev's weapons are some extradimensional weapon. However, his Low G Regen as far as I know, is something I don't think Valev has the abilities yet to get past, the only thing I can think of being Soul Manipulation (which is resisted) and Const. Flames (dude has magic, not gonna happen). Trickster Defense is quite annoying too

Dam's Reactive PLevel is gonna be hecka useful, but his Pyro and Mind will not. If Dam can get beyond Mid Regen with attacks (which is possible given Regen and RPL). However, HOW he's gonna land a hit even with the PLevel is going to be VERY tough. From what I know about Valev, he effin spams the shit out of Time Stop (which has a limit, but if I remember is long af) and Speed Amps (which apparently Amps to some absurd level) even if he does put Valev down, he needs to do that 10 more times due to Duplication

On a surface level, I'm giving this a solid Inconclusive. Dam can't hurt Valev, but Valev can't put Dam down for good.

Low Godly is countered by just eating his soul or erasing him. Eating his soul, he's most likely to do when Damian is weakened/damaged, before he regens, and erasure is slow but sure to work over a long battle.

Time Stop is less than 10 seconds at max, and he usually doesn't chain it due to mana constraints, but Damian still has no counter for it.

Anyways, as I see it:

AP: Valev, via a downscaling chain from a 6-A. Close to a x3 advantage.

Speed: Equal, but Valev amps a lot.

Range: They both seem to need melee?

Versatility: While, admittedly, Valev hasn't spammed clones as much in recent stories, that was different in this key. So yea, Valev has plenty of options to break Invulnerability, be it various dura-negating magic, or simply weapons that definitely did not come from Earth.

Intelligence: While I definitely need to update this section for Valev (the Cataclysm section is closer to what I imagine it; I updated it for the SOL battle), it seems Valev has that advantage. Damian is very smart, but The Collective's backing will let Valev outmaneuver.

Individual abilities:

Damian's Mind and Fire abilities don't work, and neither will Fear. Those seem to be basically his only options here. Outside of that, I see no real way for Damian to reliably win; I guess he could, with lightning, but that's still difficult. And Low-Godly is countered by Valev's soul manipulation and existence erasure, since Low-Godly relies on him still having a soul. (Damian has soul resistance, but no feats about it linked- even if TIC users only attack the soul when their opponent is weakened, it still means once Damian is beat down, Valev simply ends the fight there.

Overall, while this isn't a stomp by versus battles wiki standards, it still feels pretty unfair as it is, unless new information comes up.

1. How come you keep call Damus "Damian?"

2.Time Stop lasts for a Minute, but even that's a restriction.

3. Damus rarely uses fear manipulation anyway

4. If he was 3 times stronger than Damus, he should be Continent Level.

5.Damus can amp up his strength with the aurora hammers

6. Damus is still somewhat of a work in progress, so there might be new info in the future

Whoops, I keep on confusing him

Who, Damus'? Since Valev resists that and has trumped people with relative resistance in the past (until he gained the ability and beefed it up).

Komodo25M said:
1. How come you keep call Damus "Damian?"

2.Time Stop lasts for a Minute, but even that's a restriction.

3. Damus rarely uses fear manipulation anyway

4. If he was 3 times stronger than Damus, he should be Continent Level.

5.Damus can amp up his strength with the aurora hammers

6. Damus is still somewhat of a work in progress, so there might be new info in the future

I'm busy rn, but I think ya missed the part where he resists Soul Manipulation, so eating it wouldn't work like I said, unless I'm blind and read something wrong.

Also, should make sure Damus is complete before you make matches unless nothing comes into your mind about additions

...I forgot Valev Power Nulls go through Power Null Resistance because.... something about blowing up powers....

I typed before you editted, apologies.

3. Alright, cool.

4. Around x3. Iirc, Damus' AP was in the 2.# range, and Valev's is just below baseline, which is ~7..

Correction: 2.58503401361x, or around there, so it seems.

5. That should help the gap, but likely not enough. Valev can't really amp his strength here, since then he'd be above High 6-B, so fair enough.

6. Hm. And what do you suggest we do?

He resists it, but as noted above, he doesn't have any feats of Soul Resistance on his profile, compared to Valev's plethora of them, seeing as it's kinda his main gig. So, while I can't say for sure, it seems likely that Valev's is stronger than his resistance.

His Power Null is just... unorthodox. In my experience, most people see Power Null like a D&D Counterspell, or Anti-Magic Sphere, rather than literally imploding your spell reactively. Granted, resisting the former (counterspell) might work, depending on the specifics. So here, it depends.

Komodo25M said:
Yeah, you would have too vaporize his soul, not just break or crush it.
How do you vaporize a soul? Soul doesn't exactly have matter to be turned into vapor.

IDK. 2099:Zenith is one of the weirder verses I've created, though erasing his soul or draining his life energy is one way to do it

Well, actually his soul withstood being crushed multiple times, and he survived Hades, which is basically insta-Death for weak souls. Really need to update Damus' profile soon...

I don't see it surviving here, as best case scenario, The Collective calls dibs on it. Worst case scenario, it's gone.

So... not sure what else to say, really. Does Damus actually have a wincon here?

I still believe it's an inconclusive. What's to say Collective gets the dibs? Eh, whatever. I certainly think that it can survive, especially if it's surviving Mr. H, of course, I don't know how powerful H is, but I assume that it's gotta be pretty dang powerful if it's Mr. H

Smashtwig said:
I still believe it's an inconclusive. What's to say Collective gets the dibs? Eh, whatever. I certainly think that it can survive, especially if it's surviving Mr. H.
I looked over Zenith's Verse Page-

It says God Tiers (I assume Hades is here, though he does not have a profile) are Multiverse level, which is 2-B.

Meanwhile, once The Collective grabs something, it can affect even five-dimensional beings and entities (with hax), which is High 2-A potency.

Now, to clarify, Valev can't normally channel The Collective's united potency- but, since Damus doesn't seem to resist being destroyed by a 2-B, but instead can regenerate from it/his soul can endure being destroyed on such a level, that would mean that Valev should be able to claim it with, by tiering standards, Low 2-C, while The Collective does all the work of actually destroying it.

(And before it's asked, canonically, you can only reave the soul out of someone's body, resistance or not, if their physical body (assuming their physical body is not literally their soul) is severely weakened, or if you are infidecimally more powerful than them in raw magical potency, not hax dimensionality.)

(Typically, TIC resistances linked the soul weaken and deteriorate with damage/lack of magic, but that's not the entire story; it's a two-way street.)

So, yea. If the verse page doesn't lie, The Collective should be fine at keeping the soul- albeit, if Valev does not pass it to The Collective, it'll regenerate from a mere 4-D crush, assuming Hades is 2-B.

Speaking of which, that's Mid-Godly, not Low. Not the strongest Mid-Godly, though.

Disgaea, actually.

So, two questions-

Who is Bolt, and what are Damus' best feats regarding resistances?

Hold up-

Damus' Profile:

Large Planet level (Defeated the God Poseidon, who can control Neptune and change it to whatever he likes.)

Poseidon is very high up there in power in Greek mythology.

It goes on to say:

Damus' Profile:

Solar System level in Lycan form (His own power rivals the combined might of Zeus, Ra, and Odin, Who each created a part on the solar system)

...which means Hades almost certainly doesn't break Tier 2. So yea, rip Damus.

ThePerpetual said:
Normally, I'd set up some kind of pre-fight dialogue, such that there's context and framing to it: spruce things up some, perhaps, add some fun to the fight: but this is primarily for the Wiki's Strongest Thread which requires Standard Battle Assumptions. So, I kinda can't.
The Pantheon of Gods and Valev are having beers when they complain about some random kid who keeps beating their ass. Valev does an anime straw hat tilt, tells them it'll be alright, and prepares to solve some problems.

What I'm saying is-

Every single feat of fighting or doing anything with a god seems to put them bow Tier 2. Zeus and Friends only created parts of a solar system, for example.

When I looked at Zenith's multidimensional feats, none of them mentioned the gods of the Greek pantheon, or many gods at all.

Could you tell me how strong Hades is, if this is untrue? And could you describe Damus' feat of surviving Hades - did he get soul crushed by an avatar, or the real deal?

Well, Hades doesn't seem to be above Tier 2, so... I guess I'm voting Valev.

Back