• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Damage Scaling on Sonic's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ig it just seems redundant to do that. Like "no shit his ap is higher when he becomes stronger. That's what getting stronger does!"

You get what I mean? Like I think higher is reserved for temporary amps
maybe something like "higher by endgame" or something like that to show he's stronger at the end of frontiers then he was at the beginning?

I dunno just spitballing

maybe something like "higher by endgame" or something like that to show he's stronger at the end of frontiers then he was at the beginning?

I dunno just spitballing
I guess we could write it as

Current Tier to Frontiers (Through unleashing his potential throughout the game, Sonic grows stronger).

Tho I do think Frontiers increase should stay. I get getting rid of multipliers that rely on moves, and maybe boss hp scaling. But you explicitly unlock Sonic's strength in-universe to make him stronger, and his actual damage output visibly increases. Feels kinda weird to discard that. So I'll definitely check that in a different thread.

I don’t want to derail this thread, so I’m going to answer this and then take my leave.
I can understand permanent stat increases, but from what I recall, temporary amps have precedent of being accepted widely based off of only a calculation. Such as Classic Mega Man who has a 4x amp with speed gear via a calc. So to some level it must be acceptable. Maybe there's exceptions or some calcs are allowed for multipliers. Like buffs that very visibly amp the user (Cuz in Mega Man's case, the enemies essentially slow to a crawl)?
The calc is more so secondary evidence than anything. There’s an actual guidebook that states that all of the enemies move at 1/4th of their current speed, upon activation of the Speed Gear. We still need to link it on the profile.

So, just to clarify what will stay:

Phantom Rush being 1.2x stronger
Power Cores: Each is a 2x boost, characters can have up to 3, Shadow scales above 3 core Heroes Shadow in his own game.

Frontiers 4x boost?: Integrated into the story and a clear damage increase but not directly stated.

Yeah, sounds about right.

The Post-Forces cast get downgraded from 4-B but I think they end up either right below or barely into High 4-C+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back