• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Damage Scaling on Sonic's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind removing it (the "doubles" portion specifically like Theuser789 mentioned) if it's primarily game mechanic based.

Doesn't either a guide or the manual actually flat-out mention it doubles the damage? I'm fine with removing it if need be, but if it does double the damage in-game and is also said to double damage outside of it then I think it can stay by virtue of "just" doubling damage.

I'll edit the Advance 2 stuff out of the blog when I get to my laptop.

List of Discussion Multipliers
  • Power Cores
  • Focused Homing Attack
  • Egg Hawk accelerated development
  • Frontiers level 99 damage boost
  • Bosses taking half as many hits to kill at endgame in Advance 2 and Sonic 4
  • Phantom Rush
  • Light Speed Attack/Maximum Heat Attack
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Votes

Multipliers that can stay

• Power Cores: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
  • Frontiers level 99 damage boost: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
  • Phantom Rush: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
Multipliers that go away
  • Focused Homing Attack: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
  • Egg Hawk accelerated development: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
  • Bosses taking half as many hits to kill at endgame in Advance 2 and Sonic 4: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
  • Light Speed Attack/Maximum Heat Attack: (2) Lonkitt, LordGriffin1000
I think that’s purely a mechanics based thing and not a legitimate multiplier
Lonkitt I counted if I vote for Maximum Heat Attack as he has the LSA justification. I sent a message on your wall asking for confirmation of this vote too.

I don't mind removing it (the "doubles" portion specifically like Theuser789 mentioned) if it's primarily game mechanic based.
LordGriffin since Maximum Heat Attack was talked about before you commented and said you "agree" but didn't specify, I'll count your vote for it too. If I'm wrong, let me know.

Doesn't either a guide or the manual actually flat-out mention it doubles the damage? I'm fine with removing it if need be, but if it does double the damage in-game and is also said to double damage outside of it then I think it can stay by virtue of "just" doubling damage.

Are you talking about it? There's nothing double here.

If a source for that exists it probably should be cited on the profile or at least in the scaling blog.
The only thing I've seen of "double damage" is that this attack does double damage to a specific boss that is Chaos 6. But that seems 100% mechanical, since nothing double is said (from what I saw)

List of Discussion Multipliers
  • Power Cores
  • Focused Homing Attack
  • Frontiers level 99 damage boost
  • Phantom Rush
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Votes

Multipliers that can stay

• Power Cores: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
  • Frontiers level 99 damage boost: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
  • Phantom Rush: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
Multipliers that go away
  • Focused Homing Attack: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
  • Egg Hawk accelerated development: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
  • Bosses taking half as many hits to kill at endgame in Advance 2 and Sonic 4: (3) Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000
  • Light Speed Attack/Maximum Heat Attack: (3) Lonkitt, LordGriffin1000, Maverick_Zero_X
Okay, I guess that's all?

does it give any multiplier? no? then not relevant to this thread
Now it's up to you Sonic supporters to apply this.

To recap, multipliers that will leave/go away
  • Focused Homing Attack

To recap, multipliers that will leave/go away
  • Focused Homing Attack
Bar the recently brought up LSA and Max Heat, everything was already applied besides removing Advance 2 from the stats blog itself

Yeah, excuse me, but no. This philosophy is horrible. Neither I nor them are held responsible for applying every CRT for the verse just because we're supporters. OP should be held eligible for responsibility of at least some of the edits that need to be performed, as it was her premise to begin with and founder on issues she brought to attention. I'm not saying she has to edit everything, but I had to call out this faulty logic.

That being said... I've already adjusted most of the changes in my blog, the verse page, and within the Deadly Six profiles on my pass-through of editing them to 4-A beforehand.

Bar the recently brought up LSA and Max Heat, everything was already applied besides removing Advance 2 from the stats blog itself
I saw that some were applied even before they were accepted (3 votes), for example the Focused Homing Attack

Yeah, excuse me, but no. This philosophy is horrible. Neither I nor them are held responsible for applying every CRT for the verse just because we're supporters. OP should be held eligible for responsibility of at least some of the edits that need to be performed, as it was her premise to begin with and founder on issues she brought to attention. I'm not saying she has to edit everything, but I had to call out this faulty logic.

That being said... I've already adjusted most of the changes in my blog, the verse page, and within the Deadly Six profiles on my pass-through of editing them to 4-A beforehand.
What philosophy? I said it was over and now it just has to be applied by obviously those who know the verse. I'm not throwing it all on anyone's back.

You took it too literally, as if it were your obligation.

You never counted DDM's agreement beforehand iirc
I must not have seen it, or I saw it but I didn't tell because he didn't say what he thought of each one. Well, that's life.

To me, that's how you made it sound like. But I apologize if that wasn't your intention.
Well, that's not how I wanted it to be. But I don't think I should have used "it's up to you".

I've never played Sonic games much and I don't know the verse side very much. I'm just here trying to help this crt as much as possible to move forward. When I said that, I was also saying that my work is over because I don't have any knowledge to help apply this.

Last edited:
I've never played Sonic games much and I don't know the back side very much. I'm just here trying to help this crt as much as possible to move forward. When I said that, I was also saying that my work is over because I don't have any knowledge to help apply this.
I understand where you're coming from now. Thank you for the elaboration, not many would've done that.

And come to think of it, with the way the profiles are structured in keys right now (which is subject to change, as there's apparently a key overhaul planned), I'm actually not sure much else needs to be applied aside from removing the Advance 2 stuff from the Stats Blog.

Aside from LSA and MHA needing the double statement removed, there are a lot of large star ratings that probably need to go

Oh I already agreed to the Power Cores. I meant the other doubling statement I was called back here for
Oh! My bad dude. That other doubling statement seems to actually not have a statement at all (the Light Speed Attack and Maximum Heat Attack), so they can just be smacked with a "deals greater damage" than "deals double damage".

I could've sworn there was an official statement of doubling their damage, but I suppose not. If I find it, I suppose I'll bring it up in a future thread for evaluation.

From all the info I can find it only does double damage to Chaos 6 specifically. So the Adventure version doesn’t seem to qualify for a universal damage boost, good thing the Heroes version exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back