• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D.Gray-Man Profile Revisions/AP Revisions (Exorcist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the title suggest this thread will be dealing with the revisions of profiles from the series D.Gray-Man, specifically the Exorcist side.

There's a couple things i want to preface before linking the new profiles.

1: These profiles are a W.I.P (Work In Progress) given they still lack needed overhauls regarding their intelligence, calc's regarding their speed etc. But i believe I've overhauled them enough to the point of being at least usable within a Vs Debate Context (But only in a Speed Equalized Match)

2: Things like scans regarding the "Notable Attacks and Techniques" will be applied down the line gradually by me and everything regarding linking/source code shit will be also handled by me when i apply these updated profiles, its much easier for me to change the source code within singular profiles than doing all of them within a massive blog.

3: There will be another thread like this regarding the Noah/Akuma down the line (In about 3/4 Days, hopefully) so until than none of the Noah/Akuma profiles can be used until that blog and future revision is done and i'll make sure to create a note within all the Noah/Akuma profiles that says they can't be used until that revision is done.

AP Revision:

So this calc has been accepted for Low 6-B and basically applies to the entire verse, but for right now its only applying to the Exorcist profiles until i'm finished with the Noah/Akuma Blog.

I've already given explanations and scans why certain characters scale were so hopefully we're good on that end.

So with all that prefacing out of the way let me link the blog now.

(Note: I'm incredibly tired when i made this thread so if i ****** up any of my grammar or didn't explain something properly enough please forgive me, if you have any questions please just quote me with what your issues are)

Agree: JustSomeWeirdo, Nelliels, Confluctor

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Like the title suggest this thread will be dealing with the revisions of profiles from the series D.Gray-Man, specifically the Exorcist side.

There's a couple things i want to preface before linking the new profiles.

1: These profiles are a W.I.P (Work In Progress) given they still lack needed overhauls regarding their intelligence, calc's regarding their speed etc. But i believe I've overhauled them enough to the point of being at least usable within a Vs Debate Context (But only in a Speed Equalized Match)

2: Things like scans regarding the "Notable Attacks and Techniques" will be applied down the line gradually by me and everything regarding linking/source code shit will be also handled by me when i apply these updated profiles, its much easier for me to change the source code within singular profiles than doing all of them within a massive blog.

3: There will be another thread like this regarding the Noah/Akuma down the line (In about 3/4 Days, hopefully) so until than none of the Noah/Akuma profiles can be used until that blog and future revision is done and i'll make sure to create a note within all the Noah/Akuma profiles that says they can't be used until that revision is done.

AP Revision:

So this calc has been accepted for Low 6-B and basically applies to the entire verse, but for right now its only applying to the Exorcist profiles until i'm finished with the Noah/Akuma Blog.

I've already given explanations and scans why certain characters scale were so hopefully we're good on that end.

So with all that prefacing out of the way let me link the blog now.

(Note: I'm incredibly tired when i made this thread so if i ****** up any of my grammar or didn't explain something properly enough please forgive me, if you have any questions please just quote me with what your issues are)

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:
I think cross's intelligence could be more detailed. I didn't really remember much from his intelligence feats so I put him just being smarter than Lavi but there must be some intelligence feats he has.

I think cross's intelligence could be more detailed. I didn't really remember much from his intelligence feats so I put him just being smarter than Lavi but there must be some intelligence feats he has.
Cross's intelligence (And every other character that has a profile) will be massively overhauled in the coming days. This thread is to just give Me and Gin a much better foundation to work off of compared to the current profiles.

And I think instead of putting "General Innocence Abilities" as a tab, it should just be put in the verse page to have less tabs on each page and can just link like "General Innocence Abilities" like how demons get their own physiology pages.

Cross's intelligence (And every other character that has a profile) will be massively overhauled in the coming days. This thread is to just give Me and Gin a much better foundation to work off of compared to the current profiles.
Well its good then.

Okay, I don't know exactly since I'm just at the beginning of the series, but shouldn't Allen be "Unknown Physically"? At least at the beginning of the series, since he is clearly not as strong as his Cross

EDIT: Yes I confused allen with Adam 🧠

And I think instead of putting "General Innocence Abilities" as a tab, it should just be put in the verse page to have less tabs on each page and can just link like "General Innocence Abilities" like how demons get their own physiology pages.
Both Innocence and Dark Matter will get their own separate verse pages down the line, this is just the best i can do until those blogs are completed.

Okay, I don't know exactly since I'm just at the beginning of the series, but shouldn't Adam be "Unknown Physically"? At least at the beginning of the series, since he is clearly not as strong as his Cross
Adam? You mean Allen?.

We don't do that to characters physical stats, like for an example Ichigo's Zangetsu scales above his physicals but we treat it like they both scale to one and other, samething applies to Allen and Cross.

In Bleach the difference is not so massive.

We could put something like "Low 7-C with Cross", at least in
It isn't massive in D.Gray-Man either? what proves that assertion?

Its fine how it is, this version of Allen already starts out in Cross so its useless clutter to place something like "Unknown, Low 7-C with Cross".

With Cross Allen naturally shows he has much more strength, being able to destroy dozens of Akumas with one attack. His physical strength also had difficulty lifting a fat woman and is shown to get tired after lifting his own body several times, although he can do this casually with a Cross while drastically damaged
already starts out in cross
Well, it is possible to break the Cross in a match. So I think it is important to note

With Cross Allen naturally shows he has much more strength, being able to destroy dozens of Akumas with one attack
This doesn't prove Cross is massively above his natural physicals.... This shows range more than anything.

With his physical strength he also had difficulty lifting a fat woman
1: Link doesn't work.

2: Physical Strength (Lifting Strength) doesn't correlate to Attack Potency.

is shown to get tired after lifting his own body several times, although he can do this casually with a Cross
All of these lifting strength-based feats.... Which has nothing to do with Allen's Attack Potency.

If your talking about Lifting Strength than i'm waiting until specific feats get calced before i overhaul the Lifting Strength section of the profiles. Superhuman is just a place-holder since feats need to be calc'd for an actual concrete number.

I'll make sure to specifiy when i do re-work the Lifting Strength section that Allen only has this that level of LS through Cross.

Well, it is possible to break the Cross in a match. So I think it is important to note
.... Mostly every-weapon on this wiki can be broken through higher AP, that's something inherent to AP and the Durability of the weapon.

That's common knowledge and not something to be placed in the profiles, its like saying we should note that Allen requires oxygen to breath. Its something naturally assumed.

With Cross Allen naturally shows he has much more strength, being able to destroy dozens of Akumas with one attack. His physical strength also had difficulty lifting a fat woman and is shown to get tired after lifting his own body several times, although he can do this casually with a Cross while drastically damaged
This is literally all just Lifting Strength. Going by your logic we should give Goku only a tier 2 rating via Ki since he can't lift the weight of a moon.
Cross can reform itself and that's something that only Tyki Miik could do. So that's definitely not a weakness.

As long as the calc is accepted, that's fine by me

Profile reworks:
Cross Marian
  • please use commas to separate abilities instead of hash
  • Power Modification/Biological Manipulation - just bio mani
Allen Walker

Lavi, Bookman Jr
Yu Kanda
Lenalee Lee
  • Resistances to Ice Manipulation and Sound Manipulation
    • why?

I will relook at them if you change up its structure. extremely hard to read as it is now, sorry

As long as the calc is accepted, that's fine by me

Profile reworks:
Cross Marian
  • please use commas to separate abilities instead of hash
  • Power Modification/Biological Manipulation - just bio mani
Allen Walker

Lavi, Bookman Jr
Yu Kanda
Lenalee Lee
  • Resistances to Ice Manipulation and Sound Manipulation
    • why?

I will relook at them if you change up its structure. extremely hard to read as it is now, sorry
I've re-worked the profiles again.

image0.png

This is why. putting it here in case its needed.

Well, yes, I read more of the manga and got to this part of the story. I understand why the Cross not having a specific tier is fair

But Lavi has a single key and he starts at Low 6-B? Shouldn't he have at least a Low 7-C key since he is comparable to Allen at the beginning of the series?

But Lavi has a single key and he starts at Low 6-B? Shouldn't he have at least a Low 7-C key since he is comparable to Allen at the beginning of the series?
More keys will be added down the line (Plus characters like Lenalee and Allen will also get other keys as well) so you don't have to worry about that.

Given these are just W.I.P profiles and just a much better foundation for Me and Gin to work off of.

More keys will be added down the line (Plus characters like Lenalee and Allen will also get other keys as well) so you don't have to worry about that.

Given these are just W.I.P profiles and just a much better foundation for Me and Gin to work off of.
Basically this.

The last time the profiles were edited was years ago and the series has progressed a lot since then. We'll be slowly starting our way up, considering we also need to look into the Raws and the fact that we're at chapter 500+ at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back