• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D intelligence ratings

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
So for future refrence we need to iron this out as multiple gods have just weird or contradicting ratings.

• Gods with 17-25 should be rated as either Genius or at least Genius since that's the in-universe rating
  • Gods rated 26 to 42 are rated as Extraordinary Genius due to being superior or comparable to an Elder Brai
  • Gods 43 or higher are rated as Supergenius since they'd be comparable or superior to Gond and Vecna
Everyone fine with this change?

Ah, the Elder Brain was downgraded in terms of intellect?

Fair enough, but yeah, I agree with this, we have a pretty good measuring stick now.

Ability scores are weird.

A Beholder is supposed to be able to calculate a seemingly endless number of possible outcomes for every scenario, allowing it to make a party of adventurers look like a gaggle of brain-dead babies with their asses screwed on where their heads should be, all because they assumed they could get the upper hand on it with something it'd have no right to predict.

It's INT 17.

Not even in D&D would that merely be considered "genius". No DM in any remotely serious game would allow your level 1 gnome wizard to calculate every possible outcome of a dungeon before setting foot in it or possess intelligence that basically makes them posthuman(oid) just because the player rolled an 15+ and added their racial modifier.

Pretty much any and every god having a minimum of genius level intellect is completely fine from a lore standpoint, and so is many of them having even greater intelligence.

This is just to state that I would put an individual monster/god's lore before an ability score rating if one contradicts the other.

Yeah I agree, but most Gods are either featless or lack scaling altogether when it comes to Intelligence. But it's becoming an issue when the new profiles start to have contradictory ratings.

I think most of them should have a "Unknown. Likely X" as their rating

Back