• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Orochi intelligence, stamina, LS calc needed, and ability additions

Intelligence: Orochi should be rated as extraordinary genius. He was able to copy Garou’s martial arts just by looking at his stance, which was before he even jumped at orochi and began fighting him, something that shouldn’t even be possible. Additionally, Gyoro Gyoro refers to orochi as “genius” implying he is at least on the level of Garou. Garou should have extraordinary genius to begin with, as his skill also includes skill-based analytical prediction, something which is noted as being a qualifying factor for EX Genius on the intelligence page
IMG_0174.jpg

Stamina: In the first third of chapter 92 [manhole] gyoro gyoro explains the process of creating the perfect monster by making them overcome death over and over. She refers to Orochi as her “first success”, meaning he must have been able to overcome death over and over to become stronger
Also, this would grant a limited reactive evolution, as orochi (and other opm characters who have weakened their limiter) become stronger after fighting through a near death experience.

New ability: Orochi should likely have access to whirlwind iron cutting fist, as he witnessed Garou’s left hand coming at him with it (and then proceeded to completely counter him)
as he is shown to be able to mimic techniques he’s seen just off a glance, he should likely be able to mimic whirlwind iron cutting fist
IMG_0173.jpg

Orochi should also have danmaku
IMG_0175.jpg

Lifting Strength: Orochi’s Gaia cannon feat currently is rated as high 6-A, however the lifting strength for pulling out a section of the earth’s core is completely overlooked. I would just like to raise awareness that it should be calced since it’ll probably be a good upgrade.

H

Intelligence: Orochi should be rated as extraordinary genius. He was able to copy Garou’s martial arts just by looking at his stance, which was before he even jumped at orochi and began fighting him, something that shouldn’t even be possible. Additionally, Gyoro Gyoro refers to orochi as “genius” implying he is at least on the level of Garou. Garou should have extraordinary genius to begin with, as his skill also includes skill-based analytical prediction, something which is noted as being a qualifying factor for EX Genius on the intelligence page
He did see Garou use WSRF several times against his horns before. That being said he did instantly copy WICF from just a glance of the hand gesture as you can see the dragons performing the same gesture immediatly upon seeing it.

I agree but you should tweak the justification
Stamina: In the first third of chapter 92 [manhole] gyoro gyoro explains the process of creating the perfect monster by making them overcome death over and over. She refers to Orochi as her “first success”, meaning he must have been able to overcome death over and over to become stronger
Also, this would grant a limited reactive evolution, as orochi (and other opm characters who have weakened their limiter) become stronger after fighting through a near death experience.

New ability: Orochi should likely have access to whirlwind iron cutting fist, as he witnessed Garou’s left hand coming at him with it (and then proceeded to completely counter him)
as he is shown to be able to mimic techniques he’s seen just off a glance, he should likely be able to mimic whirlwind iron cutting fist
Agree

Lifting Strength: Orochi’s Gaia cannon feat currently is rated as high 6-A, however the lifting strength for pulling out a section of the earth’s core is completely overlooked. I would just like to raise awareness that it should be calced since it’ll probably be a good upgrade.
Danmaku is okay I guess, it's not exactly Danmaku though

I also do agree that his LS should be calculated, mainly the ability to attract energy from the Earth's core thousands of kilometers above it. No idea how though.

Danmaku is okay I guess, it's not exactly Danmaku though
it could be listed as "pseudo-danmaku" I guess since it's really just part of his body, but it's similar in nature
He did see Garou use WSRF several times against his horns before. That being said he did instantly copy WICF from just a glance of the hand gesture as you can see the dragons performing the same gesture immediatly upon seeing it.
oh cool I had missed that completely
I also do agree that his LS should be calculated, mainly the ability to attract energy from the Earth's core thousands of kilometers above it. No idea how though.
it seems to me like he just took a chunk of the earth's core directly out of it, so it'd be best to just have a calc for the mass of that chunk and what it would take to pull it like that

Don't think that's enough for Extraordinary Genius, could possibly get him a Genius rating tho
The intelligence page basically says that skill based analytical prediction qualifies for extraordinary genius
but just to be safe orochi has the additional justification of being able to mimic high level techniques at a glance and outclass someone who has perfected them for years, along with the statement of being a genius alongside Garou as support.
At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers[1], and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations.
Not exactly a skill feat but generally he was also able to trick Psykos into thinking she had brainwashed him for a long time so that’s also cool
Orochi is secretly the god tier of IQ in opm, minus god himself and bloodlusted saitama
So all of that combined would warrant extraordinary genius

At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers[1], and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations.

There's a difference between this and skill based analytical prediction

no there isn't
Yes there is. You're comparing being able to predict how opponents in combat are going to move to predicting how future events are going yo play out based on sheer mental calculations.

Do you know how many profiles will get extraordinary genius if these two were the same?

Umm the Extraordinary Genius page says:

“At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations.“

So Orochi has to be able to all of that not just “accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations.” It doesn’t say you can get it just from accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations.

Umm the Extraordinary Genius page says:

“At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations.“

So Orochi has to be able to all of that not just “accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations.” It doesn’t say you can get it just from accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations.
He does not have to do all of those things to qualify for it, or else 99% of the current extraordinary geniuses wouldn’t even have that rating
just having a really good power mimicry feat and being more skilled than a skill based analytical prediction user is enough for extraordinary genius.

Intelligence:
Should probably be just Genius with a tweaked description
Agree
New ability
Agree (how the hell did i never notice Garou was using WICF with the other hand.)
I don't think that actually qualifies. That one panel with the many goop Orochi dragon heads focusing fire on Tatsumaki is likely a better example than this.
Lifting Strength
Fair. Iirc it was said that since he only pulled energy it couldn't be used as LS. But honestly, only reason it was considered pure thermal energy is because otherwise the calc result would have been to high compared to the side effects, but he still caused the entire earth to shake and volcanos to go off, wich wouldn't happen if the only thing moving was thermal energy.

But honestly, only reason it was considered pure thermal energy is because otherwise the calc result would have been to high compared to the side effects, but he still caused the entire earth to shake and volcanos to go off, wich wouldn't happen if the only thing moving was thermal energy.
The energy itself will also displace tectonic plates on Its way up so maybe?

Should probably be just Genius with a tweaked description
Well as long as it’s noted that he’s likely more skilled than Garou that’s fine
Fair. Iirc it was said that since he only pulled energy it couldn't be used as LS. But honestly, only reason it was considered pure thermal energy is because otherwise the calc result would have been to high compared to the side effects, but he still caused the entire earth to shake and volcanos to go off, wich wouldn't happen if the only thing moving was thermal energy.
Downplay alert
I feel like “the effects don’t match the feat” should really be used as an argument way less than it is, since of course Murata might not know the exact amount of the damage the feat would cause since he isn’t a vs battles calc member he literally just draws shit 🗿
And yes thermal energy doesn’t just cause planetary earthquakes, this is complete BS

I mean I guess that's "fair" but then again he is the one somehow attracting said energy from thousands of kilometers above the core so there has to be some LS value higher than Class G he scales to. And as you said, the lift caused worldwide earthquakes and volcanos to erupt which means energy wasn't the only thing pulled from the core.
The energy itself will also displace tectonic plates on Its way up so maybe?
Yeah but Orochi is the one lifting/absorbing said energy

this is unrelated to the crt but I just noticed how when Boros senses Saitama’s power he’s like “come give me a good time” vs Orochi ******** his pants at it
the narrative argument is there for Boros……
Anyways yeah that’s likely extrasensory perception
No? After feeling his aura he starts to laugh and invites Saitama to be his sacrifice 😶

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

H
Lifting strength thing is removed since it doesn’t scale to his physicals

Intelligence: Orochi should be rated as extraordinary genius.
Well looking at the page
Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits. At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers[1], and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.

Going by all of these examples: I would have to disagree. Extraordinary Genius involves the use of super science and the person having insane levels of technical skill. A genius rating or genius martial arts rating is warranted.
According to our page here
Developing greater statistics. However, if this is the only way in which they "evolve", then Accelerated Development should be given instead to avoid redundancy.
This is accelerated Development. Reactive Evolution would require Orochi to actively evolve like Awakened Garou or Doomsday.
I'm fine with a possibly rating, since it might be true and he copied the other style pretty easily.
I don't think he reaches the minimum for the power
Note: To qualify for Danmaku, the user has to be shown to create tens or dozens of projectiles in a very short timeframe (i.e., at least 20 to 24 minimum). The projectiles don't need to be created simultaneously but they should all be shown in motion at roughly the same time.

His dragons did this tho
The Dragon Beams count yeah, somehow forgot about those. Though the image that is being used for the justification should be those instead since the spear tendrils don't hit 20-24.
Well he was also seen increasing in size and growing more dragons as a result of his training, so it can still be a minor reactive evolution
Minor reactive evolution with near-death may count I guess.

Okay I added the shtuff

Back