• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
One last CRT that I can think of. I think. Maybe.

I've compiled a list of universal god abilities for deities in the D&D verse. By that, I mean every deity would possess these abilities.

Here's the blog. It is a bit hefty. Their size manip would range from Small Size Type 3 to Large Size Type 3.

Below is a list of people that have accepted the blog's current stuff. If you have something to be added, please tell me.

Acceptance Votes:

I have asked others to participate as well, including Foggysniper, Wokistan, Azzy, and I'm about to request Aeyu and Zeromaru now.

Mid Godly Regenerationn due the eye and hand surviving complete erasure even via wish is fine. This would also give the lady of pain the ability to nullify mid godly since she one shot a greater deity.

Oh. Shit yeah you right. I'll pop that in there real quick.

Via what? Aside from them being unaffected by Time Stop, which is normally used on a lesser scale to them (unsure if it would work if a godly wizard used it).

I'd rather get input from the others first. That seems like the same idea of getting Law Manip for being a universe creator.

They would be unaffected by low-tier spells dealing with time, but that's a given.

Well. Not weak, he's Intermediate (putting him above beings like demon lords, archdevils, and lesser deities). Still, wouldn't mind getting insight from others first on the matter.

Though the Gond thing is a good point.

You can invite the others to comment here as well, but I thought that the blog seemed to make sense.

Another comment

> Type 4: All deities are promoted to their status by Ao (or an alternative Overdeity). To my knowledge, this would qualify them for Type 4- they are literally ruled and watched over by an Overdeity, who in turn seems to be ruled by a greater power (Lumi).

Besides that fact (as mentioned in the blog) that the majority of known pantheons lack a overdeity, you can totally kill a God in FR and just take its place. Or just ask it to step down and it can give up its power. Besides being long lived I don't think its really "protection". Ao himself doesn't care about the Gods really, he just wants them to do their job.

you can totally kill a God in FR and just take its place.

Mind, that is not that easy to kill a god and just take its place. In the Forgotten Realms that only happened because all gods were demoted to have only avatar-level powers until someone returned the Tablets of Fate. That's why the event is also known as "the Avatar Crisis".

Without the gods being nerfed, killing a god is a truly epic quest whose odds are that the poor mortal who tried this is the one killed instead.

Oh its hard and nigh-impossible, wasn't trying to imply otherwise. Just saying that Ao himself doesn't care about the well being of the gods, just that their jobs are being done correctly.

I think that still qualifies them for Type 4. Type 4 is mostly just to state that they have a type of immortality granted by a person of a higher tier (Ao).

If we can solidly agree that deities wouldn't be subject by the time changes made by gods of time like this one, then yeah, there's a case for acausality

Not sure about lesser deities but Labelas is below Correlon who is a greater god so Greater gods, lady of pain, and boosted Vecna would be acasual.

Labelas is a Intermediate Deity, meaning she's stronger than Lesser Gods but weaker than Greater Gods.

Yes. Would you agree that being above the being that works with time (thus being able to resist their abilities) qualifies the deities for Acausality?

Stronger deities can supress the power of weaker deities and can likely beat them in a direct fight. So Greater Deities being immune to time attacks makes sense to me, but I wouldn't call them beyond time or dimensionally above it either.

I think that still qualifies them for Type 4. Type 4 is mostly just to state that they have a type of immortality granted by a person of a higher tier (Ao).

The issue with this, is that this only applies in a very specific instance: if you're a god in the Forgotten Realms (and perhaps, also in Dragonlance with High God in charge). But gods in other settings don't need that kind of stuff.

All of our pages currently on the wiki fall into this. And are used in other settings.

Just saying.

Acausality makes some sense but Labelas is specifically a time god. I know that the greater gods are more powerful but the question becomes is Labelas acausal because of his status as an Intermediate God or is it because of his status as a Time God?

It is more that fellow gods can be considered unaffected by his changes to the multiverse due to being on the same level of power.

As a side note, the next CRT will regard what resistances each and every character of the verse has. I spoke with Qawsed about this and he agrees that it would qualify as resistance under the context of this wiki, and I stated that it should be handled much like Regen or Concept Manip is- we should have types depicting how strong the character is resistant. For example, a Kobold is much less likely to resist Petrification, whereas a Beholder is many times more likely. However, all beings in the verse have some chance to do so, even if it is 5% (Nat20).

This blog may take some time as it requires going through all spell-like effects to see which can and cannot be resisted.

With the revisions it has received the blog is acceptable. Now all we need to do is establish what powers individual deities have (since it is an absurd amount) and what resistances would be maintained by pretty much every being in the verse (which is also an absurd amount because of how D&D works).

But the above abilities can be added to pretty much all of the pages needed. I can put through the revisions if you can leave the following pages unlocked:

EDIT: Possibly Asgorath as well. He's a deity sometimes and a primordial others, though before messing with him I'd prefer Qawsed or Zeromaru's input, as Qawsed has the most resources on this subject and Zeromaru is most knowledgeable on the Dawn War.

Okay. I will unlock the listed profiles. Tell me here when you are done.

Possibly Asgorath as well. He's a deity sometimes and a primordial others, though before messing with him I'd prefer Qawsed or Zeromaru's input, as Qawsed has the most resources on this subject and Zeromaru is most knowledgeable on the Dawn War.

Most primordials are indeed gods, at least in terms of power and abilities. They are just more physical than ideal...ish and don't need belief to sustain themselves (as they come from a world of matter and energy, not of beliefs and ideas).

So yes, those abilities applies to primordials as well (see the elemental gods of Forgotten Realms, for instance).

Okay. Thank you Zeromaru.

If it isn't too much to ask, yes please.

Is this just adding powers or also the tier updates? If it's the latter, I want to make a reminder that Last Word Orcus/Tenebrous should probably have his own key, as his power is so ridiculously different from normal Orcus. He went from "a Near Power roughly comparable to Lesser Deities" to "flat out murdered Primus, a high-tier Greater Deity". His own power also slowly kills him, to be fair.

I have edited Orcus' page just now, and added the Last Word, though you can make it another tier if you like. I don't believe another tier is needed, as all of his other stats remain the same, he only gains the ability to suddenly kill greater deities.

I think the extra key is likely easier, just because it's such a massive difference in power that also adds a very notable new weakness. I can't remember what else it does, as I'd have to brush up on some of my 90s D&D lore, again.

Also, isn't his normal tier supposed to be "At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C"? One of the likely 2-C quote lesser deities scale from comes from high-end demon lords like Orcus.

Back