• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyttorak Stat Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, Cyttorak's tier is "at least 3-B", however, I have evidence that would place him at "at least Low 2-C"

1: Tom Brevoort, the Executive Editor of Marvel, states that Cyttorak is stronger than Zom, who is far stronger than Dormammu [1]

2: The Fear Lord D'Spayre with the Gem of Cyttorak, which is only a fraction of Cyttorak's power, was able to manipulate the fabric of a universe [2]

3: Trion Juggernaut, who also only possessed a fraction of Cyttorak's power, physically tore through the space-time of the Trion Universe [3]

If the links do not work, I can post scans as well

In conclusion, I believe Cyttorak should be bumped to Low 2-C

1) Zom has been downgraded to the level of the Hulk in recent years, so this is not a valid claim anymore.

2) D'Spayre did not demonstrate anywhere near universal scale in that comicbook.

3) Trion Juggernaut had absorbed massive amounts of magical power from other sources than Cyttorak, and tearing down borders between different magical realm is an unquantifiable hax.

That said, Tom Brevoort also compared Cyttorak with SHuman-Gorath, so that should be considerably more useful.

1) Stopped reading the moment I heard "Tom Brevoort"

2) This seems universal, but "controlling the fabric of the universe" could simply be very potent Reality Warping

3) Tearing through space-time is not universe level.

@Seed

But did he send him to oblivion or Oblivion? Gotta be careful with comics, what with their all-caps font.

I understand Ever. Not trying to say anything outlandish or crazy , but if f he said oblivion, he would've killed him then and there through . Considering he is still alive and in some "void", only one scenario remains..

You clearly need to clarify which type of M-Body, because he can literally be from Universal to Hilbert Space level in an Avatar. I agree unless something implies this is Multiversal Oblivion.

The only avatars Oblivion shows are the Oblivion M-Body, which are most of his cameo appearances, and the Chaos King.

True Oblivion literally only appeared twice in Marvel.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Cyttorak obviously doesn't rival Multiversal Oblivion. At best the M-Body who is equal to Universal Eternity.
Actually, it's likely that he does when you think about it, Eternity sent Juggernaut to Oblivion, meaning more likely than not, Juggernaut was in True Oblivion's territory outside of the Marvel Multiverse, if Juggernaut was dealing with an M-Body of Oblivion, then why did Eternity need to send Juggernaut to Oblivion instead of, say, Oblivion appearing inside the Multiverse, like he did as the Chaos King, and torture him there?

Oblivion is usually used as a word, not as a character, especially as this happened before he was introduced in the Iceman series.

Yes, Marvel uses the word Oblivion a lot to describe cosmic destruction / nothingness. It does indirectly scale to the real Oblivion since he is the embodiment of his namesake, but it's not a literal reference to the character.

Agreed. We should probably close this thread.

I agree with you two as well. It doesn't seem to be worth leaving open, because it's too vague to directly determine if this is Oblivion the entity or not.

However, Low 2-C seems fine, unless you guys don't agree with that as well ?

Antvasima said:
Agreed. We should probably close this thread.
Not yet, while 1-A may be an unlikely stretch, he should still be at least Low 2-C, he is supposedly the strongest magical being in all of Marvel, far above Doctor Strange and Dormammu

So my proposed revision is this: Tier: At least Low 2-C (stronger than both Doctor Strange and Dormammu)

Well, he is likely stronger than classic Doctor Strange at least, as he was one of the entities empowering the magician.

Well, I suppose that Low 2-C should be acceptable, by scaling from Doctor Strange.

You might be able to place him at "At least Low 2-C", by scaling from Doctor Strange.

I have done so. Tell me here when you are done.

I do not think so. It is probably best if i close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back