• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cynthia vs Diantha

Are they limited to their Champion teams movesets, or do they have a composite moveset?

Well Gardevoir takes out Garchomp and Spiritomb via being a fairy. Hawlucha handles Lucario and Roserade. Aurorus and Tyrantrum may take out Togekiss and Braviary. Gourgeist can take care of Milotic and Gastrodon.

Overall I give it to Diantha High-Diff.

I really want to say, Cynthia, since Diantha was a joke

So I go with Cynthia Since Lucario and Garchomp speedblitz

Yeah Aurorus and Gardevoir could take out Garchomp because of type advantages but those are the only threats I see. I can't see the rest countering Cynthia team

Koopi said:
I really want to say, Cynthia, since Diantha was a joke
So I go with Cynthia Since Lucario and Garchomp speedblitz

Yeah Aurorus and Gardevoir could take out Garchomp because of type advantages but those are the only threats I see. I can't see the rest countering Cynthia team
I listed all of them.

Mega Gardevoir sweeps Cynthia's team oneshoting Garchomp, spiritomb, roserade, and can beat one on one gastrodon or togekiss. The rest of her team kills Lucario and the remainer.

I'm gonna go with Diantha myself. Aurorus has some nice supportive abilities with the screens, as well as devastatingly powerful attacks like Blizzard and Thunder. Her team as a whole is packed with strong moves with strong Pokemon. Goodra with Fire Blast, Hawlucha with Swords Dance, Tyrantrum with Head Smash and of course, she has a Mega Pokemon.

Hawlucha can use a Swords Dance and get a massive power advantage over Cynthias team, while it may not one-shot her Pokemon, it would deal huge levels of damage to them, especially with attacks like Flying Press. Tyrantrum is also quite a powerhouse in his own regard. Her Gardevoir also has an amazing moveset on its own, but with the capability of Mega Evolution, it becomes all the more imposing.

Roserade, Garchomp, Gastrodon and Lucario are the only four Pokemon I can see really going for Cynthia. Roserade is strong, don't get me wrong, but it's also frail. Garchomp can be 1 shot with a good Moonblast or Blizzard and Lucario...well...nearly everything in Diantha's team counters him in some way. Gastrodon weirdly enough seems like Cynthia's "MVP" of sorts, it can tank most of what Diantha throws at it and still has good offensive options with Muddy Water, Earthquake and Stone Edge. But alas, Dianthas Gourgeist can take it out with Seed Bomb.

So yeah, Diantha with Mid-Difficulty. Can't really see her losing with her team composition.

Diantha takes it. If both were given composite movesets(Not Champion), I would have gone Cynthia due to her Chomp getting access to stuff like Poison Jab and a Mega, along with other mons getting superior coverage. However, with the DP and XY teams, Diantha's Mega Gardevoir is just too much. Roserade gets killed by a Psychic.

Back