• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CW Flash Revision

tumblr_inline_pnt1zc93kQ1s5noos_640.png

Bump

Alright, so speed ratings with no numbers and multipliers (barring Zoom absorbing Barry's speed).

I don't really see a reason for having a separate key for Season 5 anymore.

High Hypersonic, Massively Hypersonic+ after his amp | Relativistic, Higher after his amp (After increasing his speed naturally, he eventually outclassed Zoom even with Barry's speed) | Relativistic (Somewhat faster than his Season 2 self) to at least Relativistic (Outclassed Supergirl during the Dominator Invasion. Could keep up with Wally and Savitar by the end of the season; Julian Albert previously suggested that Barry would need to surpass his current speed by the same level that he eclipsed his early season 1 self) | FTL (Blitzed Wally. Moved so fast that lightning appeared to stand still. Lapped the world several times in quick succession), far higher with Electricity Absorption (Managed to run across an entire corridor before DeVoe's portal closed, despite previously being unable to even approach it from a much shorter distance)

Key: Season 1 | Late Season 1/Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4
I need to recalc the HHS feat because 1. snail speed is outdated 2. too many assumptions but other than that looks good if we decide not to include the officially stated speed values
I'm assuming these rating are what we'll use besides the recalc spino's going to do and the value given from the show as low ends so is it safe to say that's pretty much out the way?

And AP wise what all needs to be calc'd
Alright, pending those calculations, these are my placeholder ratings.

Firstly, I'll have to explain something that I talked about before. Kid Flash in the Rival timeline was stated to be mach 2, and Wally was at mach 2 when his powers by Invasion!
  • I make you a friction-proof suit so your clothes don't explode at mach 2, and you leave me out of your brother/sister war on crime.
When Barry also gets back to the normal timeline, his speed is put at mach 3 alongside Jesse.

So Rival, for certain, scales to Season 1/2 Flash.

Secondly, Season 1 Barry has broken bones running. So I think his durability should only scale by the time of his Season 1 Episode 7 amp. This is supported by the fact that he goes from breaking his wrist to taking no damage from supersonic punches.

Attack Potency: Wall level physically, Large Building level+ with the Speed Force (Faster than Rival, who can generate F3 tornadoes). At least City Block level with amp (Severely injured Zoom, even after he added Barry's speed to his own) | Wall level physically. At least Large Building level+ with the Speed Force (Superior to his early Season 2 levels of speed. Consistently defeated the Rival) to at least City Block level (Appears to have regained his previous levels of speed by the Dominator Invasion. Increased his speed enormously throughout the Season) | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force (Destroyed DeVoe's satellite after he increased its mass a thousand-fold)

Durability: Wall level physically, Large Building level+ with Speed Force Aura (Can withstand his own lightning, which is generated from the energy he produces while running). At least City Block level with amp | Wall level physically. At least Large Building level+ to at least City Block level with the Speed Force | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force

Key: Late Season 1/Season 2 | Speed Force Amp | Season 3 | Season 4
This is still holding up right? And will Barry have the 5-B via ED for his planet busting statements with his top speeds or??

I'm assuming these rating are what we'll use besides the recalc spino's going to do and the value given from the show as low ends so is it safe to say that's pretty much out the way?
Yep, just placeholder ratings.
And AP wise what all needs to be calc'd
Here's the updated list.
This is still holding up right?
Just a placeholder.
And will Barry have the 5-B via ED for his planet busting statements with his top speeds or??
I don't remember any planet-busting statements.

I don't remember any planet-busting statements
It's from the latest season I believe there's stuff about Barry being able to destroy the world with his speed I believe

Edit: here's the clip he actually does destroy the world

Edit 2:
There's also this clip

at 3:08

Last edited:
So I looked into the context. Spoilers, by the way, but who cares?

It's explained by Despero, Chester, Caitlin and Killer Frost that Barry's power has very recently undergone some sort of massive power boost. Keep this in mind for later.

Due to some manipulation by Thawne, Barry is afraid of destroying the world in the future. So he goes to Black Lightning to get his powers removed.

However, his connection to the Speed Force is only disrupted (Thawne says he's at '5%, maybe less'). In the new timeline Thawne creates (where Barry is Reverse Flash, and Thawne is the Flash), which has yet to solidify, Barry's almost comparable despite Thawne being unaffected enough to recall the version of events where Barry surpassed him.

Much like Reverse Flash getting his connection to the Speed Force severed after killing Barry's mother, Barry is also disconnected from it. In this timeline, it's also explained that he outputs negative tachyons.

Barry says he'd have to hit Mach 20 to open a time portal (via the time stone, not normally) with his reduced speed/connection, requiring 40,000 miles of space to accelerate. Since the Earth isn't a solid rock, the pressure Barry exerts on the mantle while running causes earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and heats the polar ice caps. He even claims that he'll have just 2 minutes to accelerate to Mach 20 before the planet is destroyed.

Ryan claims Barry's in the process of making an extinction level event, so while the entire globe was apparently in the process of 'tearing itself apart', I don't think this would blow up the Earth or anything.

Before the Reverse Flash can catch up to him (this takes a lot of time), Barry regains his connection to the Speed Force and opens a portal through the time stone.

Barry reveals the destruction Despero's saw in his version of the future was the wake created by him and Thawne, and that he can curtail this destruction now because his connection is restored.

So this scales to characters on par with Season 5 Barry/Reverse Flash under very specific circumstances. If we go by the Earthquake Power Chart, I wouldn't be surprised if this is maybe Continent level+.

Something of note as well, but Caitlin Despero (it's not clarified whether she's talking about his alien or human form) rivals Kryptonians in strength. Either way, he's consistently far stronger than the Flash to a pretty large degree until their final fight.

During this final fight, Despero is using the eternal flame to charge up levels of power comparable to an atomic bomb, which would destroy Central City. We do see a megajoule scale, but we get no actual numbers, so this isn't contradicted. The Flash is powerful enough to contain this with a vacuum (he's seen taking his own lightning bolts in this season, so he scales to it), but needs a reflective material to disperse it outwards into the atmosphere.

Sort of.

New ratings (pending some calculations, obviously).

Attack Potency: Wall level physically, Large Building level+ with the Speed Force (Faster than Rival, who can generate F3 tornadoes). At least City Block level with amp (Severely injured Zoom, even after he added Barry's speed to his own) | Wall level physically. At least Large Building level+ with the Speed Force (Superior to his early Season 2 levels of speed. Consistently defeated the Rival) to at least City Block level (Appears to have regained his previous levels of speed by the Dominator Invasion. Increased his speed enormously throughout the Season) | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force (Destroyed DeVoe's satellite after he increased its mass a thousand-fold), Higher at full power (Curbstomed Cicada). Continent level+ with Environmental Destruction (Comparable to Eobard Thawne) | Wall level physically, Small City level with the Speed Force (Increased his power significantly since his fight with the Reverse Flash. Fought and defeated Despero, who was stated to have power on par with Kryptonians. Contained the Flame of Py'tar, which would have destroyed Central City). Continent level+ with Environmental Destruction | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force (Comparable, though somewhat inferior, to the Reverse Flash). Continent level+ with Environmental Destruction (After disconnecting himself from the Speed Force, his wake placed immense pressure on the Earth's mantle, causing earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunami and melting the polar ice caps)

Speed: High Hypersonic, Massively Hypersonic+ after his amp | Relativistic, Higher after his amp (After increasing his speed naturally, he eventually outclassed Zoom even with Barry's speed) | Relativistic (Somewhat faster than his Season 2 self) to at least Relativistic (Outclassed Supergirl during the Dominator Invasion. Could keep up with Wally and Savitar by the end of the season; Julian Albert previously suggested that Barry would need to surpass his current speed by the same level that he eclipsed his early season 1 self) | FTL (Blitzed Wally. Moved so fast that lightning appeared to stand still. Lapped the world several times in quick succession), Higher at full power (Easily blitzed the Reverse Flash), far higher with Electricity Absorption (Managed to run across an entire corridor before DeVoe's portal closed, despite previously being unable to even approach it from a much shorter distance) | At least FTL (Significantly faster than before) | FTL

Durability:
Wall level physically, Large Building level+ with Speed Force Aura (Can withstand his own lightning, which is generated from the energy he produces while running). At least City Block level with amp | Wall level physically. At least Large Building level+ to at least City Block level with the Speed Force | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force, Higher at full power | Wall level physically, Small City level with the Speed Force | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force (Withstood a lightning blast from the Reverse Flash)

Key: Season 1 | Late Season 1/Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4-7 | Season 8 | Armageddon Timeline

Sort of.

New ratings (pending some calculations, obviously).

Attack Potency: Wall level physically, Large Building level+ with the Speed Force (Faster than Rival, who can generate F3 tornadoes). At least City Block level with amp (Severely injured Zoom, even after he added Barry's speed to his own) | Wall level physically. At least Large Building level+ with the Speed Force (Superior to his early Season 2 levels of speed. Consistently defeated the Rival) to at least City Block level (Appears to have regained his previous levels of speed by the Dominator Invasion. Increased his speed enormously throughout the Season) | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force (Destroyed DeVoe's satellite after he increased its mass a thousand-fold), Higher at full power (Curbstomed Cicada). Continent level+ with Environmental Destruction (Comparable to Eobard Thawne) | Wall level physically, Small City level with the Speed Force (Increased his power significantly since his fight with the Reverse Flash. Fought and defeated Despero, who was stated to have power on par with Kryptonians. Contained the Flame of Py'tar, which would have destroyed Central City). Continent level+ with Environmental Destruction | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force (Comparable, though somewhat inferior, to the Reverse Flash). Continent level+ with Environmental Destruction (After disconnecting himself from the Speed Force, his wake placed immense pressure on the Earth's mantle, causing earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunami and melting the polar ice caps)

Speed: High Hypersonic, Massively Hypersonic+ after his amp | Relativistic, Higher after his amp (After increasing his speed naturally, he eventually outclassed Zoom even with Barry's speed) | Relativistic (Somewhat faster than his Season 2 self) to at least Relativistic (Outclassed Supergirl during the Dominator Invasion. Could keep up with Wally and Savitar by the end of the season; Julian Albert previously suggested that Barry would need to surpass his current speed by the same level that he eclipsed his early season 1 self) | FTL (Blitzed Wally. Moved so fast that lightning appeared to stand still. Lapped the world several times in quick succession), Higher at full power (Easily blitzed the Reverse Flash), far higher with Electricity Absorption (Managed to run across an entire corridor before DeVoe's portal closed, despite previously being unable to even approach it from a much shorter distance) | At least FTL (Significantly faster than before) | FTL

Durability:
Wall level physically, Large Building level+ with Speed Force Aura (Can withstand his own lightning, which is generated from the energy he produces while running). At least City Block level with amp | Wall level physically. At least Large Building level+ to at least City Block level with the Speed Force | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force, Higher at full power | Wall level physically, Small City level with the Speed Force | Wall level physically, Large Town level+ with the Speed Force (Withstood a lightning blast from the Reverse Flash)

Key: Season 1 | Late Season 1/Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4-7 | Season 8 | Armageddon Timeline
Those ratings look good for me

Also yeah, Despero is physically much stronger than Barry and was going to completely destroy Star City with the Flame. The Low 7-B rating might change if we deal with Supergirl edits but seems Flash is getting it after all

I found another feat.

In Season 7 Episode 4, Alexa Rivera was able to cause city-wide magnitude 5.0 and 6.3 earthquakes.

I can't do this calculation, unfortunately, because I don't have high quality versions of the episodes.

It's definitely worth it because Flash can withstand her blows (albeit with massive damage when she almost crushes him), and Despero was compared to her.

Edit: She also tanked a Central City-destroying bomb and used it to amp her power. It's noted that it's exactly the right size (specifically a baseball sized blob of anti-matter) to destroy the city.

I don't think it's Mercalli scale, I think it's Richter scale.

Plus, we'd know the exact amount of power if we got a specific distance.

Actually, nvm, it's just 6.3 at the source.

But I still think it's the Richter, if I'm remembering some details correctly here.

Edit: That's just 41 kilotons.

No.

They generated the power needed to simply activate the magnetar's amplified pulses with hundreds of laps. The trans-dimensional shockwave generated by the magnetar was going to the damage by using Earth-1 as an access way for the entire multiverse.

Last edited:
The Speed Force would have been destroyed by a nuke and was damaged by Alexa Rivera.

A force who clearly doesn't have infinite strength. Besides, she isn't a force in and of herself, just a host like Barry.

Even if it did, I have to ask who this would scale to in any meaningful way?

Half the plot of the Arrowverse is that someone wants to destroy something, like a building, city or planet, so how would this even really scale to characters?

@Arkham I'm a consistent Superman & Lois watcher but for Supergirl stuff would probably have to wait for Greenshifter to be free to make his revisions

A force who clearly doesn't have infinite strength.
Didn’t watch that season so no idea.
Besides, she isn't a force in and of herself, just a host like Barry.
I’m not too sure on this, they clearly refer to themselves as being the Forces. One could argue they have the entire forces inside of themselves but using its power to varying degrees.
Half the plot of the Arrowverse is that someone wants to destroy something, like a building, city or planet, so how would this even really scale to characters?
DC =/= AP, I was only gonna scale it to a peak Barry and maybe like amped speedsters in the finale but don’t know if it is consistent for season 7 or not.

I’m not too sure on this, they clearly refer to themselves as being the Forces. One could argue they have the entire forces inside of themselves but using its power to varying degrees.
To my understanding, the Speed Force is kind of the Strength Force.

It existed after Barry recreated the Speed Force, so her being the Strength Force doesn't make sense since it exists outside of her.
DC =/= AP, I was only gonna scale it to a peak Barry and maybe like amped speedsters in the finale but don’t know if it is consistent for season 7 or not.
I've used that excuse before, but this is just takes an amazing amount of mental gymnastics for it to be possible.

What kind of peak Barry? Barry himself has neither shown the AP or DC to do this, and it wasn't even him who remade it. The Speed Force is a metaphysical aspect of the universe that can revive itself from a remaining portion. Barry generating it doesn't actually mean he scales to it, more like he's maintaining it.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the Speed Force’s AP description list zero AP feats?

Multiverse level+ (Encompasses time across an infinite number of universes, which is what allows speedsters traveling through it to use it as a means of time travel. Was described by Jay Garrick to be an endless void of time and energy. If a person fragments themself throughout the Speed Force, they would exist across every moment in the past, present and future)

Back