• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cuphead 7-A Upgrade

As an off-topic post, is this series intended to be some kind of attack on the Disney corporation?

No, it's just a difficult shooter game that references old timey cartoons. The animations are great and they ooze personality.

Okay. Thanks. Sorry about the temporary derailment.

I agree with this, but are there anymore feats that could be used?

No this the highest one, the others: this , this and this are mainly speed ones.

From what I've seen in the game (And I've seen a lot), nothing really directly points to this being an outlier, unless you wana go "the other bosses have no feats like this", which is a bit silly (8-A Goku Black when?).

I'm also inclined to believe Grim created it if it happens specificially when he transforms and comes out of nowhere in a manner that isn't possible for regular storms. It's a bit of a stretch, but I don't see an issue.

Also, given how absurdly close this is to High 7-A, shoul that be the used rating instead?

Yep. As per Irenic, really high end feats = \ = outliers.

@Ever

It would be really, really, really low-end High 7-A, almost below the baseline even, and people would probably pit him against High 7-A characters with several times his AP . I don't think so.

There are other feats in Cuphead that are above 9-A, such as the Genie boss creating a large stone structure.

The Everlasting said:
Also, given how absurdly close this is to High 7-A, shoul that be the used rating instead?
Grim is fought before King Dice and The Devil, so that rating is very confirmed for them, also they should have a higher speed rating to back the other stats.

Hmm...

Fine, but it should be noted in his profile that he is actually 7-A++++++ and that we decided to round him to baseline High 7-A IMO.

Is not the first time that the stage change due to the transformations, Hilda when transforming change the stage of the day and I doubt that she can control the sun/moon; Grim not using any attack related to the storm doesn't help neither. But if most of you want to change it, go ahead.

@Dark, one of your links redirect to this.org; and about the speed ones, most of them are aim dodge with no tabulated speed. Also, when was said that Grim fought the Devil?

I highly doubt that is a real lightning, speed is even comparable to free fall. Also, there's real lightning in the game and are way different than this one.

Ah ya, missundersood.

Also, the Cuphead Wiki states that the brothers' power grew as they kept collecting more soul contracts. That could be a justification for High 7-A if it's true.

I should also mention that Cuphead, with the plane, can transform into a nuke-like missile. That could be another Tier 7 feat to support in consistency.

"I highly doubt that is a real lightning, speed is even comparable to free fall."

Smooth logic there.

https://youtu.be/yE2MqSDq340?t=1m25s

We see cuphead dodging sound attacks coming from her mouth. If someone could calc the plane's speed compared to the attacks, that would be great.

@Kep

The stars appear as she's about to transform. They don't appear until all of her health is gone.

Still I don't think it can be used. The time of day already seems to be approaching night time, so in this case it seems to just be for dramatic effect that emphasizes how the fight canonically could've taken hours.

Plus some of the stars seem to be layered in front of the clouds. So I definitely wouldn't argue for 4-A if that's what people are suggesting. And we can't really say she's rotating the planet or anything, because she has absolutely no reason to.

@Ever, people use the same logic to upgrade characters, and the other issue stand, those attacks are way different than the real lightnings, you can see them in the fight against Grim.

Dodging HAHs isn't the big deal, he already dodge bullets and those are faster than sound.

The stars that Hilda launch obviously aren't real stars, they are way smaller, similar way with Djimmi, the planets that he launch are way smaller than the real ones.

I have never seen anyone use freefalling as an argument of something not being as fast as its real life counterpart.

I wasn't refering to using freefall, if not something like "speed is comparable to X in gameplay", it was used in Doom, Avatar and such.

The thing is that rays of light have to be shown moving at slow speeds on screen for the player to be able to see and dodge them. The only reason anything moves at the speed that it does is for the sake of balancing the gameplay; if it were actually moving at hundreds of thousands of times the speed of sound, the player wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

For something so widely accepted, I feel like we have to repeat this argument that Slow in gameplay =/= actually slow way too often.

There needs to be proof of the lightning being real if it isn't Cloud-to-Ground though. This is explicitly stated in the Lightning Dodging Feats page.

I known how the things works, but this time (like in several others), there's two thing with different speed in the same scene. But avoiding to talk about no ones like and delairing, the ray fired by the lobster is no 63 km/s, this here is a real lightning, and not just is different, is way faster.

Didn't we recently come to an agreement that a lightning bolt can be used if it's above a certain level in energy?

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Didn't we recently come to an agreement that a lightning bolt can be used if it's above a certain level in energy?
Yes, we did. Irl, a lightning bolt would one billlion joules, basically 9-A+ or low end 8-C.

Starryknight200 said:
Shouldn't he also have Invulnerability via the special?
Game mechanic, also the new invulnerabilty rules does not accept that.

Back