• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Culexus Assassin vs The Dunwich Horror (Battle for the High 8-C)

Overlord775 said:
A bunch of regular humans were able to cast away the dunwich horror before he could summon the GOOs, so Cuelux should be able to do it in time too
That was bacause they had a ton of Intel, the dunwhich horror wasnt in the right environment to use it in character, and had 1-A magic with a spell specifically meant to counter something like him

1. The Cuelux is skilled enought tocover the lack of intel

2.No, it was. He was on top of an hill during the fight

3. When was it ever called an 1-A spell ? also the power null of the Cueluz should work just as fine to destroy his 3-D body

1. Skill doesnt cover a bunch of professors spending a bunch of time trying to translate the tome

2. The thing was approaching the mountain, but they were chanting a head of time. He only reached it at the very end

3. It removed the basis for his existence and evaporated him to outer realms. His body is not necessarily 3-D. Even if it is, it does not interact with normal reality in a conventional way. His power null probably wont even stop the Summoning cuz its above his pay grade

2.The power null is istant, which is much better that a long chant. Also why are you now reffering to the place as "mountain" instead of "hill" ?

3.If his body isn't 3-D he should be rated much higher and neither do greater demons interact with reality in a normal way. The summoning not being nullable is not a problem since he won't have time to use it

The spell that killed the Dunwhch horror wasn't some sort of 1-A magic.

You don't have to null a 1-A to stop a summoning spell. Summoning itself is not a 1-A action, it's the opening of a door. Just because it can summon outer gods doesn't mean that you have to stop the outer gods to stop the summoning.

2. Cool. Doesn't change that he doesnt have the pay rate to stop 1-A summoning. I miss typed, that's why. You know what I mean tho

3. I said it isnt necessarily. He has the physiology of a great old one, so its weird. He gonna need to cross a massive distance to kill him before it happens. What's his travel speed?

Wokistan said:
The spell that killed the Dunwhch horror wasn't some sort of 1-A magic.
You don't have to null a 1-A to stop a summoning spell. Summoning itself is not a 1-A action, it's the opening of a door. Just because it can summon outer gods doesn't mean that you have to stop the outer gods to stop the summoning.
The summoning spell itself is 1-A. Gates in the mythos are a 1-A construct that most Gods cannot even effect, much less open or pass through. Mind you, that is a single gate and The Dunwich Horror can open several. Hypnos is the other dude that comes to mind who can open and pass through a gate, but he got ****** over from it. Opening a gate is definitely 1-A, and at least 1 qualitative difference above baseline at that

I still really don't buy that. By that idea, any summoning of any kind that reached into some higher dimensional space is by nature at that same tier and can't be power nulled unless the power null reaches that high. This is without the fact that the Horror would be very vividly feeling disorentation and pain unlike anything he might have ever experienced in his rather uneventful life considering his immense proximity to the assassin. The Horror can totally get to a hill, but it's a big coin toss how long he may take while ****** over mentally like that.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I still really don't buy that. By that idea, any summoning of any kind that reached into some higher dimensional space is by nature at that same tier and can't be power nulled unless the power null reaches that high. This is without the fact that the Horror would be very vividly feeling disorentation and pain unlike anything he might have ever experienced in his rather uneventful life considering his immense proximity to the assassin. The Horror can totally get to a hill, but it's a big coin toss how long he may take while ****** over mentally like that.
This isn't just that. He is influencing a 1-A structure that constrains beings significantly into 1-A to call them to his aid. Also, Central Park is hilly so he would start with the summoning right out the gate. Pain will likely just make its malice worse and have it call them down with more urgency if anything. Don't forget that the assassin is also getting mind and madness ****** passively as well

I have been to central park myself and it's pretty hilly from my memory. I looked it up online just to confirm and the websites I found agreed that it was pretty hilly

When a hill is taller than a skyscraper, that almost borderline isnt a hill anymore lol. He also doesn't need a hill, just goes for that environment for Summoning. Central park is perfectly fine

Ricsi-viragosi said:
That is like saying that summoners of Azzy are tier 0...
Not the same deal. The Dunwich Horror's summoning isn't 1-A because he summons 1-A beings, its 1-A because he is effecting 1-A constructs that most other outer gods and great old ones can barely pass through much less effect

Most of them don't exactly try that hard.

And it will be plain unable to even think of doing it with the immense pain it'll be it.

That's completely false. Show me a statement of a cultist summoning Azzy explicitly effecting the gates. Calling a manifestation of a being from beyond the gates is not the same as opening them

Hypnos actually said that most other gods cant. He flexed by going into a single higher gate, which almost killed him. He could only pass through tho, not effect it. A reminder that Hyponis is ******* powerful as far as gods go

None of that counters the fact that it'll be plain unable to do so...

I'll probably respond to the rest once I got some sleep.

Get some sleep my man, its important. Just to point out that the assassin cannot null his summoning since it is 1-A, not just summoning a 1-A being

Going to go for Dunwich Horror because I am biased and love the Cthulhu Mythos also warhammer 40k must be taught a lesson in humility of Iapitus' reasons.

Back