• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CTR Fairy Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't. Precht using revival spells over an alive body isn't resistance nor negation. It's trying to turn on an already activated machine.

It's not implied he used healing spells either.

Mavis already stated that Zeref stole her life, she was not alive, she was in a state between life and death.

Scan. Context is good.

If so, that makes the revival even less useful. Same with healing. If revival spells work on dead people, healing spells work on alive people. If Mavis is nor alive nor dead, then nothing would actually work. It's not a resistance, it's just a void where nothing works.

On the other hand, if one of those spells were mentioned to work on such state of existence and still didn't, then that would be a resistance. If not, riperino.

From my understanding she was effectively dead pretch using revival magic in that context was more on the lines similar to how doctors use electric shock to revive "dead people".

https://*********.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628928/7

there is also her own curse and immortal body to consider as well that would be a factor too.

Well, with her life stolen, yet because she has an immortal body, she is not alive but not dead, so because of those spells to trie and revive her did not work, so the Death Curse would have the application of being able to render resurrection powers innert.

He didn't stole her life tho. Otherwise she wouldn't have resurrected.

It's not like he's absorbing the life force from her body.

But he did, it is only because of her immortal body that she was not truly gone yet did not truly live as well. She existed as a spirit, she was not resurrected until it was destroyed.

Yes, she was neither dead or alive. There's no mention of Zeref absorbing her life force. "Took my life" is a synonymous of "you killed me". Nothing implies life-force absorption.

The fact that she had very little magic left in her would confirm that it does steal her life force.

It does especially when magic power and life force are interchangeable from one another

And since it is a "faint trace" of magic, that would mean it is life force absorption

Which might not be accepted. You're arguing for that in this thread, and it hasn't been accepted yet.

It is not hard to understand, especially with how when one is drained of their magic in a violent and rapid way or gradually overtime with no means to stop it causes those to be at risk of death or to die.

Again, ask other staff members. You won't get approval on that from me without factual evidence and not headcanon.

The Calaca said:
Yes, she was neither dead or alive. There's no mention of Zeref absorbing her life force. "Took my life" is a synonymous of "you killed me". Nothing implies life-force absorption.
Zeref death magic, indeed suck up/absrob life force https://**********.com/manga/Fairy-Tail/0209-009.png

That could be a mistranslation. Look for the raw scans and ask a japanese reader to be sure.

With that said, "suck out life" isn't what his curse does in reality. Life vanishes and the target just die. If this were the case, Zeref would say it himself, but here we have two completely ignorant persons talking about some unknown magic and with Mavis the text doesn't imply that but simply "you killed me" with flowery language which is directly contradicted by the events.

Actually that is what it does repeatedly, besides if there were mistranslation the translation section would declare it. She said you took my life which is no different than sucking out which both mean removing something from something else

Which you haven't proved.

Find the raws, call a japanese reader here. That's the first step. Second and vital step is showing through facts that Zeref does suck life-Force. Not statements from two morons, not statements from an obvious plot biased person. I want the scan that proved that what Zeref does is suck life-Force.

If it's true, then his Deathhax would be replaced, since that's what the ability actually would be.

That could be a misTranslationn. Look for the raw scans and ask a japanese reader to be sure.

With that said, "suck out life" isn't what his curse does in reality. Life vanishes and the target just die. If this were the case, Zeref would say it himself, but here we have two completely ignorant persons talking about some unknown magic and with Mavis the text doesn't imply that but simply "you killed me" with flowery language which is directly contradicted by the events.

It's official Translation

Here is also another scan where it is exposition of how the Death curse works without "flowery language". https://*********.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628841/19

It is, I have asked members but only one replied, speaking of which...

Damage3245 said:
What is left to still be decided here? Can I get a TL;DR?
It is still on going, so basically, Magic power in this verse exists in many forms of nature, it exists as part of life as it is tied to one's life force, they can inherit magic even from birth, and there is magic power in one's genes. Magic exists in multiple forms of energy and matter, it exists in natural light from the sun, moon and starts, magic power is in physical kinetic energy, thermal energy in the earth and the atmosphere, even in natural matter, such as fire, metal, air, etc.. Magic power is hazardous to life when concentrated and/or overused, such as being poisonous, causes harmful effects to the body and even causes cancer.

>Most trusted than any other translation

>I'm asking for the original japanese text

Sure.

There's a reason why a lot of manga get so many different translations over different sources, and that's because japanese's language is entirely contextual. Same romanized word can mean different phrases even if they sound exactly the same.

> It is still on going, so basically, Magic power in this verse exists in many forms of nature, it exists as part of life as it is tied to one's life force, they can inherit magic even from birth, and there is magic power in one's genes. Magic exists in multiple forms of energy and matter, it exists in natural light from the sun, moon and starts, magic power is in physical kinetic energy, thermal energy in the earth and the atmosphere, even in natural matter, such as fire, metal, air, etc.. Magic power is hazardous to life when concentrated and/or overused, such as being poisonous, causes harmful effects to the body and even causes cancer.

That doesn't really tell me what is still left to be decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back