• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CTR Fairy Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what also comes from water? Hydrogen, which can be used for energy too. Even then, these trees utilize energy from the earth which is thermal energy

It is with high level concentrations or excessive over usage of Magic which causes these problems to occur, just like radiation does.

Bump

With the matter of Magic being unique to an individual or can be identified by an individual, a reminder that even with Jose's magic power makes people nauseous, even being smothered in Magic energy belonging to an individual can make people think they're related to them. Even active Magic's with their own property can remind them of someone.

Don't have the time to read all the responses. On the life force being connected to magic part I see only headcannon. The manga literally states they are connected.

I'm confused as how you can go against that but whatever I'll look over it more tomorrow.

There is more info in the OP too, just a heads up.

Also, with Zero's magic power is considered creepy.

And Makarov's magic feels warm and feels like home.

People have run out of magic and are still alive, so they may be intertwined to a degree, but they're not exactly the same, you can use your life force as a source to use magic, like with Iced Shell and Ars Magia, but to call them exactly the same is incorrect

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
People have run out of magic and are still alive, so they may be intertwined to a degree, but they're not exactly the same, you can use your life force as a source to use magic, like with Iced Shell and Ars Magia, but to call them exactly the same is incorrect
I would find that their life would be connected especially when Erza was being dragged back to Earthland despite when she had no magic left inside her yet the reversed anima takes all magic out of Edolas. And Iced Shell is not life force usage but turns their body into the ice for iced Shell, and they are still considered alive

Bump

Also, there is where a tiny fragment of a soul can have a significant portion of their original power.

....u misinterpeted what Lucy said....the dragon has so much power that even with a tiny soul left, he still had that much power....

@BlackeJan, That is not what she meant, sliver means a piece of shard or fragment of his soul, that still has that much power, and a sliver is small anyway so Lucy describing it as small is redundant

It really isn't. At best you have semantics for this disagreement but thats still dumb. Small soul remaining, piece of a soul, fragment etc is irrelevant when its still an absurdly weak Atlas just flexing on em ...... which is weird cuz they scale to that exact feat but in reverse so is he really flexing?

A small fragment of a small whole fragment, big difference there, it does when one small fragment melted the ice from a large village when a peak dragon roar can obliterate mountains

Listen Magic does not equal Radiation, nothing is getting done here, and I don't think anyone agrees

Is this settled

I'm neutral on this as i does seem like magic is Radiation Like, but as shown in 100 years quest where the magic in the atmosphere was so thick that it took a physical form and wasn't killing people or mages there. It's just to inconsistant for it to be classified as Radiation to me.

Zackra1799 said:
I'm neutral on this as i does seem like magic is Radiation Like, but as shown in 100 years quest where the magic in the atmosphere was so thick that it took a physical form and wasn't killing people or mages there. It's just to inconsistant for it to be classified as Radiation to me.
It is thick enough to take physical form, not in high concentrations

It was always physical, just so dispersed that it didn't appear to be.

Also, are you aware of what "high concentrations" means? It means there is a lot ...... in a small area ... than what would normally be found. Care to explain how there being so much of what is basically carbon dioxide that it is like snow doesn't qualify for high concentrations?

So you are saying light is physical? Then we ought to change the criteria for lasers then, that is why high concentration when it is enough to actually cause damage or destruction in a manner tha life cannot survive, is not the same in the other case, especially when Ethernanos are just elementary particles.

You realise light is physical right? The thing is that its mass is so infintismally small that it is irrelevant. Our criteria asks for lasers to act like lasers, ie melt or burn things it hits rather than smash through them.

So ..... you don't know what high concentration is and you refuse to address Zackra's point. Good to know.

@Literally anyone who can close threads

Can we please just close this. Nigh everyone has disagreed with the OP including every staff member and knowledgeable that came on here.

Light has no mass as they are composed of photons, the only reason we are interacting with them indirectly is because of the transfer of energy since they are energy, Light can hit things or move things as they possess energy and momentum, I have already addressed his point on High Concentration which his point in 100 year quest does not apply. You are the one who cannot counter the arguments

Once more, no. Photons have negligible mass not no mass.

No you didn't.

"Can't counter arguments"? Tell that to everyone else on this thread who believes I did. Or are they all wrong?

@Calaca

Close plz

It is just energy, and has no mass, even if you would try to argue for it, it not even worth it as it is nonexistent.

Yes I did

You have not shown any proof as to how magic and life are not connected beyond what I countered

Go tell that to physics.

Nice rebuttal. You described a lethal concentration, not a higj concentration.

If you ignore all of my posts, sure.

Waiting for the reply to physics, which is the same as in high concentration in this case, Which I have answered your points in the pass as you have not brought anything new to the table

Actually looking over the chapter again, it was never stated that it was thick with magic energy, just the land is full of magic, nothing really new here

AnonymousBlank said:
Once more, no. Photons have negligible mass not no mass.
Just for clarification, Photons have "Reletivistic mass". Reletivistic mass is the amount of enegy of a particle, which changes with velocity. By convention, relativistic mass is not usually called the mass of a particle in contemporary physics so, at least semantically, it is wrong to say the photon has mass in this way.

@CNBA

You still haven't convinced anyone, Magic may have properties similar to radiation, but that doesn't mean their the same thing, it's a very presumptuous thing to assume their the same thing

It's time to close this thread

There is a difference between similar to Radiation and not being just like Radiation, which Magic would cover all teh fields that would be required for radiation

I am starting a thread to add the application for radiation for various verses

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3739972

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back