• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cthulhu Mythos: Time to Debunk one of the Greatest Myths in Versus Debating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. Another question (sorry if I'm being a bother) but regarding canon, what has been decided? If Fan's old blog is still accepted, what of Kull scaling?

Cool. Another question (sorry if I'm being a bother) but regarding canon, what has been decided? If Fan's old blog is still accepted, what of Kull scaling?
We actually looked into Kull funnily enough, and I thought it would be pretty ******* insane.

But Derp isn't too sure about it effecting ratings a whole lot

We're probably going to include works from all of the Lovecraft Circle, which means:
  • H.P. Lovecraft
  • Robert Bloch
  • Clark Ashton Smith
  • Robert E. Howard
  • Frank Belknap Long
  • August Derleth
Derleth in particular probably won't be used going purely off of what we've heard, but someone should preferably look into his contributions and see if it really is too inconsistent with the rest of the Lovecraft Circle. The rest of them should be fine.
We actually looked into Kull funnily enough, and I thought it would be pretty ******* insane.

But Derp isn't too sure about it effecting ratings a whole lot
It really depends. There's potential for it to have a massive impact on ratings, but I've known some people say that it would just be further support for High 1-B. We'll see.

I'll have to agree with Matt. Derleth's stuff is very contradictory and would only somewhat work if you took the "all stories' Outer Gods are fractional representations of the Archetypes" route and I'm not sure if we even have enough proof towards that.

And from what I understood of that blog, Kull stuff could boost the physical multiverse to anywhere from very high into Low 1-A to 1-A+. Pretty cool.

I'll have to agree with Matt. Derleth's stuff is very contradictory and would only somewhat work if you took the "all stories' Outer Gods are fractional representations of the Archetypes" route and I'm not sure if we even have enough proof towards that.
I did say that Derleth might not be good to use for the profiles, but I guess that answers that question.
And from what I understood of that blog, Kull stuff could boost the physical multiverse to anywhere from very high into Low 1-A to 1-A+. Pretty cool.
Kira believes that the physical multiverse would be 1-A+ based on quotes from Kull: The Striking of the Gong, The Dreams in the Witch-House, and Through the Gates of the Silver Key. This also means High 1-A Gates/Vacua and tier 0 Outer Gods (not even the Archetypes, provided they are proven to exist), but again, we'll have to wait and see.

Yup. That needs a lot of discussion considering how big an upgrade it would be.

Lol, can you imagine how that would look;

Varies, up to 0 | 0 | 0 (Nyarlathotep)

High 1-A | 0 (Yog-Sothoth)

0 | 0 (Other OGs)

I agree with Matthew.

What is left to do here btw?

I don't think there's anything else. Those working on the revisions will most likely post a new thread once done.

Okay. Is it fine if I close this thread then?

I think so, yes. Anyone can just ask questions on the Q&A board or request staff to reopen this for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back