• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crow’s Egg: The Game Thread

Judith merely listens on in the conversation, before turning over to the new face.

@Overlord775

"I'm Judith, Judith Rivera. Someone who hunted as a hobby, now just kinda here."

"If... that's something you can do, go for it. But, I doubt that can give us a place to stay, or things to eat. Influence is a powerful thing. We have the advantage over these people. We should build up our strength and resources with what we have. Intimidation and power. This place obviously has a civilization of sorts. Let's seek it out."
“You’d be surprised, knowledge is power after all. It can get a lot of things.”

@The_Divine_Phoenix
”We should find out more about whoever rules this place. Maybe they have answers.”

“Shh!”

clump thump clump

“What do you mean “Shh”?! Th-The mage has been slain..or at least the women said so!”

“Doesn’t matter! Anything that could slay a...sorcerer...of such power would be much worse than- THERE THEY ARE! Be ready.”

A platoon of soldiers ride to greet the travelers, surrounding them with crossbows and halberds. Runes adorning every razor on the tip of their weaponry. Two individuals sparkled from the rest, their cloaks covered in hues that would only match the sun in beauty. Adorning masks spattering with pearls and gems. Their hats shadowing even their shoulders,brushing and shuffling as they come to you.

“HEY! Oh my-”

“GYAH! Wh-What happened here?! Who are you?”

“S-Settle down Ernamos, we don’t want to step on the shoes of these...who are you exactly? You don’t look like any sick piece of magic or nobleman we’ve came across!”

"Please calm down we are lost and annoyed by constant attacks by you guys." I say pulling a sword out of nowhere and dropping it.

"I'm at least somewhat human, so somewhat the same as you."

Judith tries to show that she means no harm, but looks over to William in confusion of how he got that sword.

“Shh!”

clump thump clump

“What do you mean “Shh”?! Th-The mage has been slain..or at least the women said so!”

“Doesn’t matter! Anything that could slay a...sorcerer...of such power would be much worse than- THERE THEY ARE! Be ready.”

A platoon of soldiers ride to greet the travelers, surrounding them with crossbows and halberds. Runes adorning every razor on the tip of their weaponry. Two individuals sparkled from the rest, their cloaks covered in hues that would only match the sun in beauty. Adorning masks spattering with pearls and gems. Their hats shadowing even their shoulders,brushing and shuffling as they come to you.

“HEY! Oh my-”

“GYAH! Wh-What happened here?! Who are you?”

“S-Settle down Ernamos, we don’t want to step on the shoes of these...who are you exactly? You don’t look like any sick piece of magic or nobleman we’ve came across!”
"Oh? Observe"

The woman takes notice of the platoon, stepping forward with a presence exuding full confident, and a voice as cold as a flowing river. Emerald-green energy shivers from her fingertips, crackling and fizzling as it continues to grow into cylindrical spears, still locked to her digits. Her head lifts itself up and a bit of illusion magic is used to amplify and distort her own voice, such that it becomes that of a booming monstrosity.

"My name is ... Yohane. The Fallen Angel. Long have I traveled ... from the depths of the Hell Zone and now ... now, this is how you greet me? Such insolence. Perhaps you need a demonstration of my power. If you choose to appease me ... I will not grant you the same fate. Now, stand DOWN!"

Arms thrust outwards at winglength, the emerald beams spiraling outwards towards the first thing it hits. Whatever the target would be, once stricken by it's ethereal light, it would instantly be transformed into a simple chair; a mindless piece of furniture. But, that would depend entirely on who got out of her way. Her eyes stared coldly into the eyes of the superior, as if to say, 'make your move'.

"Sorry about Maria she get aggressive when scared." I say.

Telepathy I tell Maria to stand down.
A twitching brow as her teeth clench upwards, thinking internally -- where she knows now she'll be heard.

("What are you doing....!? We have them right where we want them--! This is our chance to show them how powerful we are! We can make them bow to us!")

Tengoku no Gaka, having already sent away it's canvases, just watches the scene unfould, it seems intrigued of the girl's acting.

"Maybe i'll make a painting for this, maybe ... let's see how it goes."

The divine being thinks.

It is possible but it is easy to do it with people who aren't willing to fight to the death.

Is my response.

A those words Mercer just watched over the soldiers with an expressionless face.

"She's lying ... for whatever reasons, don't take her words seriously"

Anna looks on, not really sure whose side to take. On one hand, Maria’s tactics were a bit brutal, but they also weren’t harming anyone. She stayed out of the argument

It is possible but it is easy to do it with people who aren't willing to fight to the death.

Is my response.
("I'm not letting you steal my chance to take back my position... If you want to make your own life that of a peasant like these ruffians, go right ahead! But, I'm taking this opportunity. And I will do it the way my parents have -- and their ancestors before them! Through influence and power ...")

Maria felt like a goddess. Was this what it was like to truly be in the seat of her parents? Finally. It was her time to shine. The opportunity was too great. She'd have her status, her wealth, and her position back in due time. This was only the first step for her. At least, she thought.

Have you seen the mages they are like royalty if we are treated like them we will do great and given our power they have little choice.

I counter.

A those words Mercer just watched over the soldiers with an expressionless face.

"She's lying ... for whatever reasons, don't take her words seriously"
"She's trying to subjugate them with fear, so that they will follow her orders. Unless you plan to go against her, you shouldn't call her out as it would mess her plan."

Tengoku no Gaka telephatically explains.

"Weren't you just a painter? Keep continuing doing that and don't bother the others with your observations", Mercer telepathically replied with an irritated tone caused by the current situation.

"You seemed confused about it, so i merely explained."

The painter says, not being bothered by the man's responce in the least.

@Group

“Wh-Wha??”

“Filling the empty power vacuum?! Damn it! Can never get peace of mind with these mages...sigh...what do you want? If you’ve looked around we-”

NEIIGHHHHHHHH

Ugh! Give me a moment...”

CALM YOUR DAMN STEEDS! DO NOT FIRE!”

Whoosh

“HOLD! HOLD! Damn it...ugh....
Ernamos, my voice can’t keep screaming all day! Go back and remind those bastards their signals!

“B-But”

“...sigh..I’ll be fine. GO!

“Yes sir.”

“I didn’t understand a word you just said. If your just another power hungry mage, well I’ll cut you down myself..no army. Just me! We don’t have anything to offer! Money, food, weapons..our land has been empty and infertile for years! We are just...nngh...heading east...back to fukuroukouji! We...I don’t want to have to deal with this right now! Our bodies would be of no benefit to you.”

Selene doesn't know if she should be more disappointed at the attempt or the fact that these people seem utterly incapable of reading a situation, and that contradicting someone right now, especially like that, is most likely to lead to more fighting.

"We just showed up here out of thin air, we have no idea how. We are quite powerful, yes, and our experience with the locals thus far has been less than pleasant, feared and attacked on sight and all. We want to know what's going on here."

“Look, we really don’t mean any harm, we just want information. We wanted to talk before anything else.”

"I think most of are willing to help your journey if you give us information. Which direction is it in if I may as." I say hoping it's west.

@Group

“Wh-Wha??”

“Filling the empty power vacuum?! Damn it! Can never get peace of mind with these mages...sigh...what do you want? If you’ve looked around we-”

NEIIGHHHHHHHH

Ugh! Give me a moment...”

CALM YOUR DAMN STEEDS! DO NOT FIRE!”

Whoosh

“HOLD! HOLD! Damn it...ugh....
Ernamos, my voice can’t keep screaming all day! Go back and remind those bastards their signals!

“B-But”

“...sigh..I’ll be fine. GO!

“Yes sir.”

“I didn’t understand a word you just said. If your just another power hungry mage, well I’ll cut you down myself..no army. Just me! We don’t have anything to offer! Money, food, weapons..our land has been empty and infertile for years! We are just...nngh...heading east...back to fukuroukouji! We...I don’t want to have to deal with this right now! Our bodies would be of no benefit to you.”
She pointed her finger upwards as if to give silence to the travelers. A smile had warmed her visage. Visibly, she showed her hands to give him a glance at the fact that the surging emerald blasts were no longer on her fingertips, and that for the moment, they were safe. His words showed strength and bravery, but his voice was shaky. Vulnerable. Maria spoke then in a sultry and slow voice, almost like honeydew dripping into a lake.

"Shush. You've given me all I've needed now. We both lack knowledge on each other, so it would not be fair to say that we could take each other on at the current moment, no? You wouldn't know of the casualties caused by our battle. The lives of your men are worth more than your honor, at least, that is what I presume. Now that I know you've nothing to offer... you may offer me this. Safe passage to ... what was it you said ... Fukuroukouji. Do this for me, and I will not lay a single finger on your men. Do we have a deal... sir?"

Noah was silent, in case that does not work he could try to buy the information with gold, after all he was mining gold and eating golden apples for 3 years in the Nether

Shuffling behind the bushes moved the sun into their spots revealing every soldiers wear. They wore the faces of beasts, every mask’s eyes dim under the sunlight cloaking them. Hues of red staining themselves on the faces of the coverings...blood perhaps? For a more keen eye, one would see the steel that littered their bodies. Scraps and chunks of rust held together from runic inscriptions.

“...Wh-What?! Argh! Just...t-tell me what exactly you want to know about this place and I’ll....sigh...answer it to the best of my ability. What would else you like? A glass of wine? Perhaps some cheese to go with that! We are in a field of corpses woman! Where do you these grasses grow from! From the Earth?! NO! THEY GROW FROM THE BODIES OF OUR CHILDREN...my children..I’m sorry. I-I just tell me want you want,huh..I-”

Tell us passage to Fukorokouji. Is she mad?

“Passage...to there? Well I-I can’t recommend it. I can get there because we were sent on a m-mission for “scouting” but...we never came back, but I have the status that if I did I would not be shot on sight. Hopefully I can bring the rest of them with me...agh! What I am trying to say is they are not to friendly. Their “kingdom” is more of a one big barrack rather than an actual country with cities and merchants and...you get the point. Satisfied? Will you leave us alone now?!”

Tengoku draws mental sketches of the soldiers.

"Not quite yet. This land appears to be very desolated, would you mind telling us what exactly happened here ?"

Shuffling behind the bushes moved the sun into their spots revealing every soldiers wear. They wore the faces of beasts, every mask’s eyes dim under the sunlight cloaking them. Hues of red staining themselves on the faces of the coverings...blood perhaps? For a more keen eye, one would see the steel that littered their bodies. Scraps and chunks of rust held together from runic inscriptions.

“...Wh-What?! Argh! Just...t-tell me what exactly you want to know about this place and I’ll....sigh...answer it to the best of my ability. What would else you like? A glass of wine? Perhaps some cheese to go with that! We are in a field of corpses woman! Where do you these grasses grow from! From the Earth?! NO! THEY GROW FROM THE BODIES OF OUR CHILDREN...my children..I’m sorry. I-I just tell me want you want,huh..I-”

Tell us passage to Fukorokouji. Is she mad?

“Passage...to there? Well I-I can’t recommend it. I can get there because we were sent on a m-mission for “scouting” but...we never came back, but I have the status that if I did I would not be shot on sight. Hopefully I can bring the rest of them with me...agh! What I am trying to say is they are not to friendly. Their “kingdom” is more of a one big barrack rather than an actual country with cities and merchants and...you get the point. Satisfied? Will you leave us alone now?!”
"Kingdom... How very interesting. So, there are kingdoms. With cities... and merchants."

A wry smile spread across her face as she turned downwards, initially taking note of the bloodied beasts. But that tidbit of information had given her much to think about. So this place wasn't just a hellscape of villages and peasants. There were kings and queens too. Perhaps places to assert her power. A chuckle escaped her next. And her finger waved to and fro in a teasing fashion. After the painter had given his two-cents, it was her turn to ask hers.

"Oh! And would you care to give us a map, then, if not safe passage to ... wherever it is you boys call safe?"

After watching all the time from the perspective of person with spear Hector decided to trust them, although he also interested in painter, so with his hopes to get more info about what's happened around the world, he got up and after acceleration to the maximum speed, teleported himself to the group.

Last edited:
"Knowing more about the layout of this world would be good, yes. It'd be appreciated."

Selene said, as if affirming what Maria was asking about, just in a calmer manner.

"Perhaps if you help us enough, we could help you back. Well, you only have my promise to go off of not everyone else's."

@Overlord775

"My name is Selene. I am a holy knight."

She answers casually, seemingly not detailing too much.

@others

"I don't think we're such anathema that we have to be paranoid about everything. Taking care is obvious, but still. In any case, I don't know how much I'd even have to gain from using powers like that. I don't eat, nor do I particularly require shelter, so I am at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed."

"Oh, a holy knight. Isn't it a little early for Christmas?" Jakob quipped. "Anyway, name's Jakob. Nice to meet you. I'm apparently a wizard."

“Well...we have tales our ancestors detailing the world in great detail after the egg we lived in hatched. Not much after. I’m unsure if it was always this...barren...but the wars haven’t helped at all! Both the...spit...Hemingway and the...spit...Frijed’s have decimated this more so! We did find small water fountains and the like,but the old blood of corpses both far north and south still seep into the soil! Making it impossible to grow or drink anywhere without getting poisoned by the sludge of the fallen...sigh...as for the world...”

Crackle crackle.

“ERNAMOS! Bring me that old map we had...”

“Yes...oof..sir!”

“Here...if you look west. There lies...spit...Frijed...Kingdom of the Wolfmen and home to the family of...spit..the Frijed’s of course. It’s a place filled with opportunity...as in it’s almost lawless. So long as you don’t upset the powers that be. Plenty of my cousins have founded successful merchant companies and bands of warriors over there...

...However...half of them have been eaten or ripped apart by the nobleman who like to play hunter. Men dress up as animals and look for opportunities to hunt those weaker than them. Convincing those vulnerable to join in plundering the other less fortunate vulnerable men,women or children.”

Agh!

“My jaw! Dammit! I’m not going to keep reading this! Either head East or West for civilization. Frijed or Fukourokouji, though I doubt either will take kindly to you. Anywhere else is uncharted territory!”

Sigh

“Will you leave us alone now? I’m not exactly in the mood for giving a lesson on geography! My men are starving and they get nervous when hungry!”

Back