• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crow’s Egg: The Game Thread

Her hair sizzles into flames.

“NO! No...you can’t. I won’t let more die. You will stay here, where you can’t be hurt. Please.”
Tengoku puts an hand on her shoulder.

"There's no point to just hide, it wouldn't change anything as we would eventually be found out and killed anyway. We have to act and try to fight, togheter, even if the odds look insurmountable."

"There is nothing... nothingness then... Why save my life? It causes more suffering than death to know that I am still alive and having failed everyone." Korudo would say, his expression seeming blank. "This is... the worst thing that could have happened to me.." He says, sighing as he merely flies away.

@Overlord775

She turns toward you, her arms ready to push you off again. For a moment, she stops.

“No. I’m sorry.”

@Everyone

Lilith dashes away. A gust of wind cleans the oil from your skin. The breeze shutting your wounds.

"I will attempt to find the cause or causes of these events and if I can't I'll just go back to my world." I say before pulling out a piece of paper that I unfold in a comedically large map of the area.

@Listentomyrhytm

Fields of salt and black trees cloak the earth. Ponds dot the ground, their white waters shine from above. A statue lying in the center of the field.

Lilith. It looks like her. The stone shell crumbles from the gusts of wind. It’s left arm gone, the right arm holds her sword into the sky. The curves gleam the sun towards you.

Bodies lay on it. Crystals of black oil cloak the skeletons. Their hands clawing at the statue.

@Overlord775

Lilith darts into the fields, a gust of salt thrashes at your eyes. Crystals. Gemstones of oil scatter the ground. A pile of skeletons rest their heads on the gems. She stops, staring into the ocean of bone and salt.

“Look. Look at the costs of rebellion. The costs of faliure.”

@Lou_change

Salt spills from the map.

@Listentomyrhytm

Fields of salt and black trees cloak the earth. Ponds dot the ground, their white waters shine from above. A statue lying in the center of the field.

Lilith. It looks like her. The stone shell crumbles from the gusts of wind. It’s left arm gone, the right arm holds her sword into the sky. The curves gleam the sun towards you.

Bodies lay on it. Crystals of black oil cloak the skeletons. Their hands clawing at the statue.
"...So her..." Korudo looks down at the corpse... why were they clawing at her statue? Were they trying to attack her? Was it the other way around? Questions for later... He would look up at the sky, sighing as he descends. "...All these people had to die, and it's all because I failed a single task! A SINGLE TASK! It was to save everybody... and yet still, FAILURE, FAILURE, FAILURE." He would say, trying to manage his anger, as he inspects the bodies. Paying his respects.

Selene floats upwards a bit, to look around at just what the state of the land is at the moment, and how much work would need to happen for things to be fixed.

Lilith darts into the fields, a gust of salt thrashes at your eyes. Crystals. Gemstones of oil scatter the ground. A pile of skeletons rest their heads on the gems. She stops, staring into the ocean of bone and salt.

“Look. Look at the costs of rebellion. The costs of faliure.”
Shiroi indeed looks at it as it uses its powers to divert away the salt from itself, as it moves to next to Lilith.

"I am looking, and what i see is how this world has lost too much for us to just give up now, we can't simply stand down and wait for our own end to come."

Selene expands the range of her senses, trying to cover progressively more and more land with this.

To find if there are at least any bodies or ruins left.

@Overlord775

“Your world is gone. This was mine...all of it. There’s nothing left for me.

She hovers to the ground. Her hands reach for a bone, a skull in her grasp. She lifts it up.

“...Nothing left for us.”

@Listentomyrhytm

“Failure.”

The visage sizzles away, the smoke burns your nostrils.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Across the fields of salt and black trees, lies a hill. Bones. A mountain of skeletons, gemstones of black oil blanket their bodies. Water crashes underneath the hill.

"If we want any chance of fixing all this, we will have to reclaim the souls that were stripped from this world."

Selene states, letting her voice be heard by everyone remaining here.

...Korudo just looks away. Thinking... what if it's too late, what if they can't be reclaimed? Of course he won't stop their hope, but for him? He doesn't have any way of knowing, or anything to hope for anymore. He's just a FAILURE in his own eyes. Not responding to the call

"First of all could have happened thousands of times there could be billions of soul involved here. Second that seems entirely baseless." I say annoyed at what appears to me as a wild guess.

[That stuff is off of information on Discord, about the souls being taken away, stuff Selene would be able to know but wasn't said here.]

"I can't well revive any of them, nor reincarnate them if they are like this. Their souls are gone, I can see that much. That is why they need to be recovered."

“Your world is gone. This was mine...all of it. There’s nothing left for me.

She hovers to the ground. Her hands reach for a bone, a skull in her grasp. She lifts it up.

“...Nothing left for us.”
Shiroi floats to in-front of Lilith, looking straight into her the eyes.

"And that's why we have to fight, to reclaim what was taken away from us, to destroy the tyrant and bring back our worlds and our people, to end this cycle of madness once and for all."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"Indeed, we will have to do so."

Tengoku replies telephatically.

Last edited:
[Thanks for clarifying but I figured as much, William is not so lucky]

"I still what an-".I say.

"She is correct." Nate says.

"Oh sorry."

@Overlord775

Lilith drops the skull. Oil leaks from the gems, shadows of Lucifer glare at her.

“Coward. Coward. Coward.”

She sheathes her sword. Her arms lift it above the gems as the “sun” gleams from it’s curves, teeth gritted and tear’s rolled out onto her cheeks.

“NO!”

Crash. A gust of wind shatters the gems, splashing the oil away. Her hands quiver, legs stumble, she drops her sword.

“No...”

She weeps.

“I’m too scared.”

Last edited:
Shiroi moves closer to Lilith, catching the sword with its left hand, as it moves his other to her cheeks to gently wipe away the tears with his rope's hanging sleeves.

"I am scared too deep down, scared of what may happen, scared of not being good enough, but we have to be strong Lilith, for our own sake, for the world's sake and for the sake of everybody who's life was lost."

@Overlord775

She grasps her blade and squeezes the handle. Stare. Her gaze meets yours, tears dried.

“...Leave.”

She points her blade north.

“My domain ends there, at the north of the mountains of...failures. You will not have to look for him. He will find you.”

@Everyone

Whispers. They creep into your head.

“The end isn’t as scary as it looks.”

@ZephyrosOmega (only)

“Help.”

Ahimsa’s voice. Visions flash, a body of a woman lies in a river, her hands clasp the doll of a cat with words on it’s head. Bakeneko. She lies north.

Last edited:
Zephyr immediately stops whatever he was doing before. He dashes immedeately, taking off in mid-air and flying towards her location. "no... no no no, not letting you leave me after everything that's happened!"

@ZephyrosOmega

Ahimsa. She lies in a pool of blood, her cat mask shattered into pieces. A pale face underneath it.

“I’m scared.”

Sinew. Her arm, bones split, muscle ripped, reach out to you. It trembles.

“I-I don’t want to die alone. Please...stay with me.”

Zephyr touches down next to her. "You won't die, it'll be okay... Here, watch. I'll heal you..."

He quickly taps into all of his knowledge of healing magecraft, attempting to save his master.

Blood spills. Your magic cracks her skin, the gashes open and her bones crumble. Her hands grasps your shoulder. Tears. The breath she gasps shutter.

“Save me. Save me...Please. Don’t let me, die. Not like this, not when I’m not your in arms. Please. I’m sorry. I w-wanted to be...”

The final breath.

“...with you.”

Her heart stops.

"..."

Zephyr's face was expressionless as he held her body. With a wave of his hand, he formed a gateway to imaginary number space and took her inside. Using creation magic, he formed a massive, pristine temple with a feline theme to it, and laid her down in the flower bed that had appeared inside.

"I'll fix this. I promise."

That was all he said. He turned, his outfit transforming from the colorful and happy garbs to a darker, more combat, focused set. He left a clone behind with the massive cube-like structure inside the space, and with a snap of his fingers, black mud began to flow from the cube.

Zephyr had a lot of work to do. He teleported to Korudo. "Get up," he said. "We're not done here."

@Listentomyrhytm @ZephyrosOmega

Smoke. A visage pours from the salt. The silhouette a body of steel, eyes that dot a cage of ribs that molds his head, rises from the earth. White silk brushes his back.

“Your burdens die with me, child.”

Light gleams. His hand, bones and steel, presses on your shoulder. Warmth.

Last edited:
@ZephyrosOmega
Korudo would merely stare back, their pupils completely gone... Their expression blank. "We're not done...? There is nothing else."

@ThisThingisReallyBroken
"...Back off!" Korudo would say, not really liking the warmth... not sure what this thing was. Voices? He had already plenty of those, and it could be lucifer... better not trust!

Back