• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crisis on Infinite Earths (CW) Official Discussion Thread

I'd say so

Big buffs for the CW Squad (Also where do the ratings for his page even came from? It mentiones a calc but it's not there)

What was the deal with Kingdom Come Superman?

I don't think I'm up to speed on why this should be cool

DMUA said:
What was the deal with Kingdom Come Superman?
I don't think I'm up to speed on why this should be cool
He's literally playing Christopher Reeves / Superman Returns Superman but older.

Also I'm now 90% sure that Kevin Conroy is playing Keaton Batman but older in the same universe as the Chris Reeves movies.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also I'm now 90% sure that Kevin Conroy is playing Keaton Batman but older in the same universe as the Chris Reeves movies.
That would be great, as well as being the confirmation that Burton and Donner's films are in the verse I've been waiting for.

I heard a rumor that Kingdom Come Superman will be the strongest Superman in the crossover. I saw an image of him choking out CW Supes so I think the rumor may be true. This potentially means Brandon Ruth's Superman > Tom Welling's Superman, surprisingly. I guess it makes sense that they want to make the "silver age" Reeve/ Ruth Superman the most OP.

Choking out CW Supes doesn't make you the strongest. That just makes you CW Supergirl level ovo. Plus with what their tiers and lifting are, it ain't that hard. That said, him being made the strongest isn't surprising at all.

I dont even see Smallville doing much of anything given Tom's reluctance to wear tights I understand out of context but in context I'd be more than willing.

Ionliosite said:
I'm sure the OP said that we shouldn't scale anyone to Smallville Clark.
I guess so but what if the showrunners intend to power scale KC Supes over Smallville Supes? I'm just saying those two supes have the crazy feats. I can understand not powerscaling CW supes.

I guess so but what if the showrunners intend to power scale KC Supes over Smallville Supes? I'm just saying those two supes have the crazy feats. I can understand not powerscaling CW supes.

Well, according to his own profile, this Supes best feat is 6-B. Some VERY wacky justification has to be made to scale him to High 4-C.

Also, I think only the Monitor and the Specter could be scaled to the Anti-Monitor, and that's assuming either one of them fights him. After all, Mobius has't even appeared and he already has Universal feats.

Ooh I hope The Spectre shows up, it'll be his first on screen live action apperance.

And before you say, no I don't count that cameo in Constantine since we didn't actually see him in costume

@Ionliosite, True but he is also clearly older hence the Kingdom Come look so he's had ample time to get stronger within his own universe.

Matthew Schroeder said:
No one should scale to anyone because obviously they are putting good storytelling and rule of cool over powerscaling.
Also I was right. CW Superman put up a good fight against older Christopher Reeves Superman (The one which has Superman 3 and 4 as part of his canon, mind you, given that Supes straight up references the events of Superman 3).

Smallville supes giving up his powers was such a convenient way to not have the strongest guy there.

And really the whole giving his powers nonsense was already gone over in smallville, he came to accept his powers so this doesn't make much sense, Lois even letting him do that also makes no sense.

@Celestial

I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be like middle-aged here. Like, easily in his 40s or so. So I'm guessing Clark just hanged up the cape eventually to live out a peaceful family lifel.

I know he is older, but people still need to be saved, if smallville taught us anything about clark, is that he feels a sense of responsibility.

Guessing he passed the torch to conner.

I mean it's better the what I expected would happen to Smallville Clark (I guessed he'd be killed by the AM at the start of the crossover

I mean, if they just had it as the 6-B key it would be perfectly consistent with stuff

It's not even comparable. DCEU Superman redeemed himself and regretted his past mistakes, and in the original storyline he was supposed to die a hero in Justice League Pt. 2.

This Conroy Batman was just a murderhobo for reasons. He wasn't even in the same universe as Routh's Superman. I seriously expected him to be an older version of Tim Burton Batman who was set in the same universe as Reeves Superman.

Back