• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Creation of a Space-Time Manipulation Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed we do not have a Space-Time Manipulation Page and I wanted to create one for this character since that is essentially her main ability.

Should we call it Continuum Manipulation since that is essentially what it is, or use Space-Time Manipulation?

Considering how wide the ability is and with some users being able to control Past, Present and Future as well as other users even creating/merging timelines together, I prefer Continuum Manipulation.

What do you guys think?

Antoniofer said:
Literaly says it the combination of both powers.
Why didn't you scroll down below?

Although this ability is usually considered to simply combine the manipulation of space (boundless three-dimensional extent) and time (measurement of flow of events) together, it is fundamentally more powerful and complex, as space-time is the very fabrics of existence, separating different realities and timelines.

To control space-time is to alter the fabrics of reality, allowing one to erase existences and not just the flow of time, but also reorganize, alter and erase historical events.

To move through space-time is more than simply teleportation or time-travel, as it allows one to connect to alternate realities, even metaphysical realms.

This is more then just a combination of the ability, it is blatant reality warping and control over ALL aspects of a timeline: Past, Present and Future.

Just give them reality warping alongside space and time manipulation then. There are no characteristics "inherent" to such abilities because there is no consistent portrayal across all fiction.

Wokistan said:
Just give them reality warping alongside space and time manipulation then. There are no characteristics "inherent" to such abilities because there is no consistent portrayal across all fiction.
It is just easier to make a new page considering there is multiple characters that can use it, such as the Q, Ultimecia, Providence etc.

I honestly think without any justification and just combining the abilities is just lazy. The ability is more then just a combination, considering it can have the following abilities I listed above and many more.

We have multiple 'stronger' versions of abilities on this website with redundant pages such as Fate being limited Causality Manipulation, Time Stop being a limited Time Manipulation etc.

This is just creating a page for those who have control over said timelines.

Reality Warping is the most ambiguos power, most syronger users could control time and space (as both are part of reality), but not the other way around. The power is basically a mixture of what spatiokinesis (control of dimensions up to 4D) and chronokinesis.

It is just applying the mixture, and the context of the combination while adding control over the timeline itself.

For just Ultimecia, she has Past and Present Manipulation, Sequence Manipulation and Time-Space Compression/Deletion.

This would just knock out many powers the ability can provide. It is highly versatile. More then just a combination, or reality warping.

I honestly just came here for voting the name not to debate the page itself smh.

I was going to make it anyway, but what is more accurate, Continuum or Space-Time Manipulation?

A lot of abilities can have stronger versions, but that doesn't mean much. Sure Oryx can kill concepts through his law but I don't need to make a specific axiom manip page for him and his kids. Just specify the applications of the character's powers in abilities and techniques.

Wokistan said:
A lot of abilities can have stronger versions, but that doesn't mean much. Sure Oryx can kill concepts through his law but I don't need to make a specific axiom manip page for him and his kids. Just specify the applications of the character's powers in abilities and techniques.
╠Ân╠Âo╠Âw╠ ╠Âi╠ ╠Âk╠Ân╠Âo╠Âw╠ ╠Âw╠Âh╠Ây╠ ╠ÂO╠Âr╠Ây╠Âx╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Âs╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âp╠Âo╠Âw╠Âe╠Âr╠Âs╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âa╠Âb╠Âi╠Âl╠Âi╠Ât╠Âi╠Âe╠Âs╠ ╠Âl╠Âi╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âo╠Âf╠ ╠Âa╠ ╠Âf╠Âu╠Âc╠Âk╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âm╠Âo╠Âu╠Ân╠Ât╠Âa╠Âi╠Ân╠Â

There is a reason why we have multiple pages for abilities that are stronger and/or weaker. Specifying for these abilities when the majority of profiles on here dont even use your guideline on how we list powers is not even how most people make their profiles.

It is not impossible, it is just unreasonable to assume this for all characters.

The page would knock out multiple aspects of the continuum in one go, we don't need to 'specify'.

A page is just nice to have. Kind of like how it is nice to have a time stop page even though Time Manipulation works just fine.

╠Âj╠Âu╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âp╠Âi╠Âc╠Âk╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠Ât╠Âw╠Âe╠Âe╠Ân╠ ╠ÂC╠Âo╠Ân╠Ât╠Âi╠Ân╠Âu╠Âu╠Âm╠ ╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠ÂS╠Âp╠Âa╠Âc╠Âe╠Â-╠ÂT╠Âi╠Âm╠Âe╠ ╠ÂM╠Âa╠Ân╠Âi╠Âp╠Âu╠Âl╠Âa╠Ât╠Âi╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠Âs╠Âo╠ ╠ÂI╠ ╠Âc╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠ ╠Âd╠Âo╠Ân╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Ât╠Âh╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âi╠Âs╠ ╠Â

Didn't come here to debate the merits of the page. I just want a naming preference in a vote.

If there is disagreement over a power page being created then you can't just ignore it completely to create it anyway. You need permission to add the power, whether you want it or not.

Andytrenom said:
If there is disagreement over a power page being created then you can't just ignore it completely to create it anyway. You need permission to add the power, whether you want it or not.
The disagreement is honestly pretty baseless imo.

At best, the only concession I would make is making a sub category header for both Time and Space Manipulation that would describe this ability.

Simply calling disagreements "baseless" has never justified someone's position in a debate and it never will. Counter the arguments properly if you want to have this power added.

Andytrenom said:
Simply calling disagreements "baseless" has never justified someone's position in a debate and it never will. Counter the arguments properly if you want to have this power added.
I did, Woki has yet to respond. And I honestly just gave my opinion, didn't really mean it to justify my position. Mostly just banter. My apologies if it seemed it was meant to be a point.

You haven't even countered my arguments at all either. I have answered each contention.

This ability has multiple facets:

Past, Present, Future Manipulation

Sequence Manipulation

Limited Causality and Fate Manipulation (The Q can manipulate events in timelines to sequence them together for a desired effect.)

etc etc.

I am not even including abilities that regard Timelines.

Space-Time Manipulation is a wide ability. Countering it "with just add reality warping and add specifics" is not a strong argument.

Because A. Then we should eliminate ALOT of hax on this wiki from Time Manipulation to Space Manipulation etc just so we can "Add reality warping and add specifics."

B. Even being generous, adding specifics would lead to a mountain of justifications that would be hard to justify and explain.

Again, the only concession I think that sort of makes sense that Antoniofer perhaps implied is adding a sub category for both pages.

But even then, it eliminates the nuance this ability could have.

Edit: Going to take a small break to relax a bit but I will respond by the end of the day.

I didn't counter your arguments because I wasn't trying to argue against the ability, I was informing you that you can't add powers or abilities pages despite it being disagreed with which you didn't seem to realise.

This is about standards not difference in opinion on this specific topic

I'm sure we are aware what it is and the scope of it, nobodys been downplayed so far

Crzer07 said:
I'm sure we are aware what it is and the scope of it, nobodys been downplayed so far
I.. dont recall me saying it hasn't been downplayed or something like that. I am just saying it is an ability that could deserve a page and I wanted to know what the name would be the most applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back