• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destroying half a timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the tier granted for destroying half a space-time continuum? Particularly, the entire future of a timeline but likely not the past? I assume it should still scale to the whole timeline since:

1. Time is infinite by default, so destroying the present and upwards should be half-infinite.

2. The presumption of time being infinite should come from the future being infinite whilst a space-time is allowed to have a "beginning" and finite past. Technically speaking, that would make destroying the whole future of a timeline far beyond half-infinite (basically full infinite)...

I'm asking to make sure, as I couldn't find any direct posts on this topic.

Universal+, as the character who performed the feat would still be significantly affecting a 4-dimensional structure
according to standard, for universal+ the character have to destroy
Entirety of past , present, and future.
Characters or objects that are capable of significantly affecting,[1] creating, and/or destroying an area of space qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. Common fictional examples of spaces representing such sizes are space-time continuums (the entire past, present and future of 3-dimensional space) of a universal scale. However, it can be more generally fulfilled by any 4-dimensional space that is either:

according to standard, for universal+ the character have to destroy
Entirety of past , present, and future.
What you put in bold is the meaning of a space-time continuum (an example of four-dimensional space), but to be Universal+ you just need to be:

"Capable of significantly affecting, creating, and/or destroying an area of space qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. Common fictional examples of spaces representing such sizes are space-time continuums (the entire past, present and future of 3-dimensional space) of a universal scale. However, it can be more generally fulfilled by any 4-dimensional space that is either:

What qualifies the mentioned feat to Universal+

What you put in bold is the meaning of a space-time continuum (an example of four-dimensional space), but to be Universal+ you just need to be:

"Capable of significantly affecting, creating, and/or destroying an area of space qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. Common fictional examples of spaces representing such sizes are space-time continuums (the entire past, present and future of 3-dimensional space) of a universal scale. However, it can be more generally fulfilled by any 4-dimensional space that is either:

What qualifies the mentioned feat to Universal+
Its unlikely to fall for low 2C as it's only destroying the future only but past and present is still there

And since he mentioned future was infinite, it should give him atleast H3A.

Its unlikely to fall for low 2C as it's only destroying the future only but past and present is still there

And since he mentioned future was infinite, it should give him atleast H3A.
The feat still involves someone significantly affecting an area of space qualitatively larger than a 3-dimensional space of infinite size (future), so it would fall under Universal+

The feat still involves someone significantly affecting an area of space qualitatively larger than a 3-dimensional space of infinite size (future), so it would fall under Universal+
I think you have to affect the entire area significantly, not just part of it

Destroying half of a universe won't get you 3A iirc

I think you have to affect the entire area significantly, not just part of it

Destroying half of a universe won't get you 3A iirc
In your example, the character would still be 3D

The feat that is mentioned would make the one who performed it still capable of affecting a 4 dimensional "area"

Should still be low2c since he destroys a part of timeline, so he also destroys uncountable infinity snapshots of the universe. Anyone who claims otherwise can tell me at least how long a time continuum for low2c should be. I see no reason why any time period should be inappropriate

The Universe page already provides an answer to this question.

When is the destruction or creation of a universe or timeline ranked as low 2-C?

In accordance with the established Tiering System, an event that results in the destruction or creation of a universe or timeline is ranked as Low 2-C (Universe level+). This designation requires that the affected area encompasses a substantial four-dimensional space, exhibits qualitative superiority over three-dimensional spaces, or comprises the entire space-time continuum. To meet these criteria, the entire timeline must be destroyed or created, taking into account all moments in time.

1. Time is infinite by default, so destroying the present and upwards should be half-infinite.
Since the entire premise is based on this part, time is not infinite by default, we made it default here for sake of simplicity, but none of us here knows if time is eternal or not.

But to answer it based on the current tiering system, @Benimōru quoted the text that perfectly answers your question.

What is the tier granted for destroying half a space-time continuum? Particularly, the entire future of a timeline but likely not the past? I assume it should still scale to the whole timeline since:

2. The presumption of time being infinite should come from the future being infinite whilst a space-time is allowed to have a "beginning" and finite past. Technically speaking, that would make destroying the whole future of a timeline far beyond half-infinite (basically full infinite)...

I'm asking to make sure, as I couldn't find any direct posts on this topic.
L2c or h3a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back