• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cradle Verse Addition

aren`t cities bigger in craddle? It should be above baseline city level
The city of Blackflame which are specifically called "Small" by WOG is still as large as the entire sacred valley and it's city walls alone are described as analogues to mountains by Lindon(And it's not like Lindon doesn't grasp how large mountains are cause he's lived in a valley surrounded by them his whole life) which is insane because the sacred Valley has lots of normal sized mountain within its area including the main mountains which are denoted as massive which take days to travel even while on thousand mile cloud.
Considering what I already outlined above here, this statement seems viable as a means of getting the relative size of a Small City on cradle:
Ck4sQ4K.png

(Wintersteel Prologue Page 13)

The suppression fields acts as like a barrier around sacred valley so this statement of it's scripts stretching hundreds of miles should apply to sacred valley.

So at baseline even a specifically noted as small city on cradle is like hundreds of square miles.

Is Sacred Valley considered to be a small city size in-universe? And anyway, are we sure that hundreds of miles statement is referring to the Sacred Valley itself and not just the Labyrinth underneath it?

Personally, I think that baseline City level is just the safest option considering we don't know much about the city she destroyed.

There is a statement of Blackflame City being comparable in size to the Sacred Valley, and since the Blackflame Empire is a very minor country that could be used to estimate the size of the city in the feat. I just want a more clear-cut size for the Sacred Valley.

Is Sacred Valley considered to be a small city size in-universe?
Yes I've already outlined this in a post above but to reiterate:
The city of Blackflame which are specifically called "Small" by WOG is still as large as the entire sacred valley and it's city walls alone are described as analogues to mountains by Lindon(And it's not like Lindon doesn't grasp how large mountains are cause he's lived in a valley surrounded by them his whole life) which is insane because the sacred Valley has lots of normal sized mountain within its area including the main mountains which are denoted as massive which take days to travel even while on thousand mile cloud.
In short the city of black flame of considered itself a small city to which it is noted that it is the same size as the entirety of sacred valley
And anyway, are we sure that hundreds of miles statement is referring to the Sacred Valley itself and not just the Labyrinth underneath it?
Yes the hundreds of miles is referring to the "Curse of sacred valley" which is the power suppressing boundary formation that surrounds sacred valleys perimeter specifically which drains power from anything that enters sacred valley. It's not referring to the labyrinth at all in any way or to any degree besides the fact that it's power sources are in the labyrinth but specifically the parts of the labyrinth directly under each of the main large mountains surrounding sacred valley(which we know because of what reigan shen did to turn it off in reaper)

Last edited:
I asked on the Cradle subreddit for other people's thoughts because the verse doesn't have any knowledgeable members on this site that we can call in (The verse doesn't exist yet and all the future knowledgeable members are already here).

If we take that statement at face value, then Underlords would scale to Small Country level.

I asked on the Cradle subreddit for other people's thoughts because the verse doesn't have any knowledgeable members on this site that we can call in (The verse doesn't exist yet and all the future knowledgeable members are already here).
Alright, when you get replies feel free to share the general consensus if you need to. Though I'm 99.9% certain you'll get pretty much the same answer I'm already giving which is that Cradle is just a ridiculously big planet and that sacred valley is also just really big.

Ok, I've upgraded the pages of the Underlord characters to Low 6-B. What was the possible Gold feat that was proposed?

Nice find with the Ghost Water tablet feat.

Would you be willing to do the calcs on those?
Can probably do the Void Dragon one, but will have to look into the height of Ghostwater domes.

So there is this feat from Underlord's prologue, where a low-level Abidan Titan (specializing in barriers/defense), stated to not be much stronger than Abidan civilians, can block a surface wiping attack stated to be able to rend continents:
She loved it here. Pariana had been born far from the human standard—she was three meters tall, bald, and golden-skinned, an outcast even in the world of her birth. But the population here, workers trained to operate in border worlds, had been born in Sanctum: the home of the Abidan. They were used to stranger sights than her.

They treated her no differently for her appearance, nor for her power or status. She was only a one-star Titan, not too far above them. So they treated her as one of her own.
As soon as her Presence indicated that someone had slipped through the spatial crack, she fired.

Each of the three circles released a white-hot beam of destructive energy that thundered through the air, focusing on the crack. She had over-fortified this world, both in her zeal to protect it and out of a lack of other things to do; any one of these formations was powerful enough to scour Iteration 986 clean in a single blast.

Three at the same time released a blinding light and a deafening roar. Her Presence automatically protected her eyes and ears, throwing up a barrier around her to protect from the furious explosion of wind that tore up the plains for kilometers, shredding crops, sending a ring of dust blasting into the distance.

As a Titan, she had been trained to produce shields and barriers of all kinds. With her best efforts, she could maybe have defended against one of these attacks. She would have no hope against all three.

[...]

A rifle, two sickles, three golden formation-circles, and a maw of smoke all turned toward Suriel. Each weapon carried enough power to rend continents and shatter space.

Northstrider believes that he can defeat Kiuran who is an Abidan Hound (though he is not sure he can permanently kill him), and Will confirmed that Northstrider can defeat a low-level Abidan Wolf (specializing in combat/destruction) and low-level Abidans who aren't combat focused:
Northstrider could destroy this man. He could do it. He didn’t know if Kiuran would stay dead, but he was willing to put that to the test.
(Wintersteel, Chapter 19)
Questioner
In one of the short stories you had Northstrider fighting Alin. And one of the thoughts that we read from Northstrider was mentioning about how weak one of the Abidan was that contacted him. Does that mean, I guess theoretically, that Northstrider would be able to kill them if he fought them.

Will Wight
Yeah. Northstrider could beat some of the weaker or less combat focused lower level Abidan. Absolutely. Suriel would, you know juggle him like a ball.
George
Will, how many people of Northstriders level would it roughly take to defeat weakest member of The Wolves? I know that suitability is a huge factor in a fight, which is why i don'T expect a definite answer.

Will Wight
Assuming the weakest of the Wolves, i.e. someone who has no other powers besides those of the Abidan and little combat experience but they're trying to work in the Wolf Division anyway...AND assuming we mean "beat in a fight" rather than "kill"...Northstrider might be able to do it in a 1v1. There's a wide gap between the least of the Abidan and the Judges, plus people who are weaker than Northstrider could still technically ascend.
Razael, the Wolf
The Way protects, but it also strengthens. The Wolves are the Abidan combat division, and each of them commands formidable destructive potential. While most other divisions are filled up by Abidan from Sanctum and the other core worlds--and thus essentially born into the Abidan--the Wolves pride themselves on taking "wild" recruits.
Most Wolves were renowned warriors in their original worlds, and they carry those powers with them into battle.
As Gadrael is the Court's shield, Razael is their sword. She is the unstoppable force, the heavy artillery unleashed against the greatest of the Abidan's enemies.
Before the rise of Ozriel, it fell to the office of Razael to destroy worlds as completely as possible. Razael therefore considers herself something of a rival to the Reaper.
Ozriel does not return the sentiment.

I think the stronger Monarchs can downscale from this due to being not much weaker than Pariana, and this would be supporting evidence for a continental to multicontinental from the Desolate Wilds feat.

There is also a statement from Will that Sha Miara can evaporate seas, and an other that Sha Miara would get annihilated by Northstrider in a contest of fire power:
The highest levels of the Ninecloud Court (like Luminous Queen Sha Miara) are on the same tier as the Dreadgods. They are capable of evaporating seas and obliterating nations singlehandedly. The dragons of the Blackflame Empire were scary, but not THAT scary.
Questioner
Northstrider vs. Sha Miara

Will Wight
Sha Miara wins due to a mismatch of powers. If she knows what his powers are like and how they work, she can shut them down directly.In a contest of pure force, she would get annihilated.

Seas appear to refer to massive oceans surrounding the continents. The only named seas I recall are the Trackless Sea to the north, which covers half the planet, and the Western Sea which is west of Sacred Valley and the Ashwind Continent.
“To the north is the Trackless Sea, the widest ocean we know. Covers half the world, by our maps. The Kotai clan mans this wall—” He traced a long shape down the beach. “— which keeps the ocean tribes out. Those enemies are glad to know that we’re focused somewhere else. They’re hungry for the land.”

Naru Gwei kept talking, but Lindon focused on the west. He saw the Desolate Wilds, marked as a black smudge, and recognized a range of mountains by the coast. Closer to the western sea than he’d ever realized.
(Underlord, Chapter 14)

Those are two good feats. I can ask on the calc request forum for the evaporation one. It'll certainly be Continental or Multi-Continental. I'll add the Abidan one to Northstrider's profile right now.

Actually, reading the Abidan feat again, I'm not sure if it is useable. The chapter mentions that those Continent-level weapons are far stronger than her Formations, which she seems to have accomplished through prep. The line "With her best efforts, she could maybe have defended against one of these attacks. She would have no hope against all three" seems to mean she could barely even block one of those Formations, which implies she would be unable to block an attack from the weapons.

I agree with @ObberGobb in that I think scaling Monarchs using Pariana herself & Low level abidan in general is actually kinda shaky even though she is specifically a low level titan and Northstrider has multiple pieces of evidence for scaling to low level abidan but I also feel like any scaling to those 4 vroshir attacks isn't anywhere close to viable.

Mainly because although it is initially stated that their attacks can rend continents they are clearly far far more potent that. The smoke attack mentioned is straight up described as such:
The woman in lion fur conjured a thousand ghostly mouths on worm-like bodies of black smoke. They dove for Suriel, and each one felt like a plague that could decimate planets. They carried ancient hatred that soaked Pariana’s soul, and only her Presence’s protection kept their energy from sending her into madness.
(Underlord Prologue Page 13)
And like Obbergobb said these guys also are pretty definitively above Pariana pay grade as shown by their feats of easily dispatching her and her own statement on the matter

Though what you have brough up surprisingly creates supporting evidence for The Hemisphere statement which Northstrider makes in dreadgod. I managed to compile evidence of the statement so here it is:

Hemisphere Busting Monarchs
1. Northstriders Statement

The following statement from Northstrider has already been bounced around this thread a few time already and is the main thing brought up when of scale for Monarchs
“It’s not as simple a situation as you believe,” Northstrider went on, which was one of the few times Lindon had heard him continue a topic of his own volition. “How many lives do we preserve by minimizing conflict between one another? If we all left, then the first Herald to advance could annihilate an entire hemisphere of the planet with no one to keep them in check.”
(Dreadgod Chp. 3 Page 66)
Pretty cut and dry for what Northstrider is implying here which is that Monarchs can supposedly destroy half the planet. There's the obvious caveats which Obber brough up originally like it possibly being a rampage sort of situation etc.
2. Sea Destroying WOG
So pretty much what @ShadowWhoWalks brought up above which is that
A) Wills statement of Monarchs with lower output than Northstrider being able to evaporate seas
The highest levels of the Ninecloud Court (like Luminous Queen Sha Miara) are on the same tier as the Dreadgods. They are capable of evaporating seas and obliterating nations singlehandedly. The dragons of the Blackflame Empire were scary, but not THAT scary.
WOG
B) The Word "Sea" on cradle refers to 2 giant oceans that seemingly occupy half the planet
“To the north is the Trackless Sea, the widest ocean we know. Covers half the world, by our maps. The Kotai clan mans this wall—” He traced a long shape down the beach. “— which keeps the ocean tribes out. Those enemies are glad to know that we’re focused somewhere else. They’re hungry for the land.”

Naru Gwei kept talking, but Lindon focused on the west. He saw the Desolate Wilds, marked as a black smudge, and recognized a range of mountains by the coast. Closer to the western sea than he’d ever realized.
(Underlord, Chapter 14)
3. Northstriders Pocket Worlds
I only really stumbled upon this more recently but the pocket world Northstrider created to allow Yerin to train in a space separate from the conventional flow of time is described as such
Northstrider’s pocket world looked like Ghostwater in miniature. She knelt on the sand surrounded by stalks of drifting seaweed as high as trees, and they were covered by a dome of aura that held back an ocean’s worth of water.
(Wintersteel Chp. 19 Page 310)
This pocket world differs from Ghostwater and is described as smaller because it only contains 1 air bubbled space( about the size of a large house) without water rather than multiple the way ghostwater had since that dimension housed multiple research facilities:
But Lindon had described the water around him as utterly dark and swimming with creatures, while this was bright blue and clear. There were no monsters here that Yerin had found. The entire space was only as big as what Yerin would call a large house. It was divided roughly into quarters: the sandy area where she was now, a forest of blades that was thick with sword aura, a cave containing two wells of glowing water, and a fenced-off living area.
(Wintertsteel Chp. 19 page 311)
As I said on the prior point there's some room for debate about whether Will meant Sea in the traditional sense in his statement or in the Cradle sense where these massive oceans are still referred to as "Seas" but Yerin in this statement outright refers to the space as an oceans worth of water so it serves as supporting evidence for the above statements by Naru Gwei since Yerin was present when he made them and explained what the trackless sea was etc.
4. Context Around The Continental Feat Already Being Used
I already pointed this out before but I'll say it again. Basically the feat we currently use for the continental scaling (Northstrider almost destroying the desolate wilds) is a showing of him actively holding back not his full power nor the full power of the average monarch:
So basically the current frame of scaling AP for Monarchs and Dreadgods stem only from Northstriders feat of almost destroying the entire desolate wilds with a single punch on the phoenix, my argument is basically that this feat isn't anywhere near a full powered monarch attack but they upscale from it with Northstriders hemisphere statment as a basis for where they actually are.

My main reasons for why I say this fall into
  • How Monarchs fight Dreadgods
  • Lindons own statements on Monarch feats
How Monarchs fight: In Dreadgod while fighting Akura Malice Lindon outlined how monarchs fight Dreadgods:
tGa1SUf.png

He explained how the main focus to draw from is that they minimize damage and herd them where they want them to go which we know malice and northstrider were doing during their fight with the phoenix and titan as they were specifically herding the Dreadgod away

Lindons Statements: During Dreadgod Akura Malice actually does stops holding back and uses her full power and her enforcer technique to which Lindon comments the following:
hX66j4s.png

He specifies that

The hemisphere statement just seems very unreliable to me. It really seems like he just means a Monarch could go on a rampage and destroy everything in a hemisphere, and we have no timeframe for that. It is decent supporting evidence, but I don't think it should be used as a feat on its own.

As for the evaporation feat, I'm not really sure what to do. Do we know if those are the only two seas in Cradle? I was thinking to just use the Mediterranean as a lowball, but if those are the only two seas then maybe the Atlantic or Pacific would be a better estimate.

By the way, I split the profiles up into multiple sandboxes because it was really starting to lag with so much links in one sandbox:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:ObberGobb/sandbox4 (Verse page, very WIP)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:ObberGobb/sandbox5 (Monarchs and Dreadgods)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:ObberGobb/sandbox (Lindon, Yerin, and Eithan)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:ObberGobb/sandbox6 (Suriel and Daruman)

There are many more profiles I want to make at some point, but for now, I think these are the most important.

The hemisphere statement just seems very unreliable to me. It really seems like he just means a Monarch could go on a rampage and destroy everything in a hemisphere, and we have no timeframe for that. It is decent supporting evidence, but I don't think it should be used as a feat on its own.
At this point, I'm stating the "Hemisphere Statement" as less of the evidence in of itself and just to serves as supporting evidence for what I outlined can be considered the actual feat which to be calced which are either

The actual feats are:
  1. WOG that a monarch with lower firepower than Northstrider could evaporate a "Sea"
  2. Northstrider creating a pocket world of an oceans worth of water
The context & supporting evidence for said feats are:
  1. "The trackless sea" is also described as an ocean and occupies half the planet (making it analogues to a hemisphere)
  2. Northstriders own hemisphere statement
  3. The fact that the continental feat we are currently using is a low end based of what Lindon himself says & context surrounding the feat(how monarchs actively holdback when fighting Dreadgods)
"The trackless Sea" by statement supposedly occupies half the planet and the only other "Sea" I remember which is brough up in that same statement is the Western sea which Lindon himself mentions in that same scene. It seems that the term "Sea" in the context of cradle is still used to refer to what would be considered an ocean since the trackless sea itself is called an ocean in that very statement though either way it won't make much of a difference since we have a feat for either.

Alright so are we in agreement on alerting the current scaling for Monarch which would affect that for Heralds, Sages & Archlords based on the feats outlined above with the supporting evidence?

If someone could work on a calc for either of the feats above that would be appreciated though again I will say that the context around each is that
  • "Sea" in the context of cradle is said also used to reference to what would be an ocean like the "Trackless sea"
  • The Ocean on cradle we have context for is the trackless sea which occupies a hemisphere of the planet
  • The feat is backed up by Northstriders own statement on hemisphere destroying & Will own statement of Sha Miara being capable of evaporating a sea
If it's calced it should be considered that Cradle is a large planet based on

I support the evaporaing seas, but I don't know how to calc it. But for the feat, I think the Pacific Ocean would be a good estimate for a sea's size. It is the biggest ocean irl, so should be a good baseline for an average sea in Cradle. Regardless though, the feat will end up being well into High 6-A, so Archlords, Sage, Heralds, and Dreadgods will all get a good upgrade from that.

I'm more iffy on the Ghostwater feat. We don't know how he did it or how long it took, so like the hemisphere feat should just be supporting evidence.

I very much believe the pocket world feat is usable and likely within a short timeframe since Northstrider is shown being able to casually extend his will to the entirety of Ghostwater and control the whole thing to fix it while it's on the brink of destruction.
The prime chamber of the Ghostwater facility was much as he’d left it decades before. It was a cave he’d hollowed out with one scoop of his hand, with an exit on one wall, his oracle tree on the other, and not much else of note.
It had splintered like glass on the edge of shattering. Some of the cracks in space were so wide that he could see the void through them; endless black like the depths of space, speckled with lights like spinning, colored stars.
Reaching out, Northstrider extended his will to every corner of the pocket world.
“Hold, ” he commanded.
The spatial cracks froze.
Compelled by his presence, space slowly stabilized, knitting back together. Reality reasserted itself, and Northstrider paced across the stone floor.
(Ghostwater Chp 18 Page 244)
I also don't see why we shouldn't try to assess this using the ocean size in relation to cradle like the Trackless Sea when the initial Trackless sea statement was heard and told directly to Lindon & Yerin and she's the one who gives the statement about the pocket world having an Oceans worth of water so her knowledge of an ocean is based of what she has heard.

I suppose the Ghostwater feat would work if he can affect it all at once. Although frankly I'm not sure what type of feat it even is, so I have no idea how someone would go about calcing it. I don't know about using the Trackless Sea for the calc though, but I guess that'd be up to whoever calcs it and the people evaluating it whether they think using the biggest sea on Cradle is reasonable. Do you want to post those two feats to the calc request forum?

I think it would make more sense to split Eithans profile into one for "Eithan" and "Ozriel" in the same way we have it for post and pre sage Lindon.

I don't think so. Profile splits tend to be for when there are lots of keys, and Eithan only has three.

The section for Dross in Lindons profile is extremely barebones and lacking any scans or explanation so I got the necessary scans for the Baseline part
Dross
Telepathy (Communicates telepathically through the mind and soul[60]), Mind Manipulation (Can manipulate the minds of others[61]), Illusion Creation (Can project illusions into reality or directly into a targets minds[62]), Sense Manipulation (Can strip a person of all their senses[63]), Memory Manipulation (Dross can manipulate memories[64]), Pain Manipulation (Using Foxfire Lindon can inflict the illusion of pain on a spiritual level[65]), Afterimage Creation (Using the Foxtail technique Lindon can produce afterimages of himself[66]), Perception Manipulation (Dross can accelerate Lindons perception of time to the point he perceives everything as having stopped[67] and slow the Silent Kings mental space which accelerates seconds to the point they are drawn out to decades[68]), Multiple Selves (Type 2), Photographic Memory, Genius Intelligence, Precognition and Information Analysis (Dross can create complex predictive models of an opponent's actions with a high degree of accuracy in the form of "Battle plans"[69][70] which give a detailed guide on exactly what Lindon needs to do to win a fight[71] allowing Lindon to then simply execute the steps necessary to succeed[72]), Weapon Control and Danmaku (Dross can control Lindons weapons for him and does so for 50 launcher constructs at once[73]), Poison Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation and Fire Manipulation (Via launcher constructs[74]), Power Mimicry (Dross can analyze techniques he see's allowing Lindon to either developed his own version of a technique or consume the necessary energy from a target without bringing it to his core[75] to outright copy the technique)
and the shown resistances
Resistances

Last edited:
So what's the feedback on the stuff I posted above? Not getting much input on it and I wanna know if there's any particular issue to be had with it because I am also currently working on scaling the Layers of Potency & Resistance to Mind manipulation present in Cradle which I will post either later today or tomorrow.

The Dross stuff is great, I will add it to the profile. What do you mean by Layers of Potency though?

Basically it is very much prevalent that everyone on Cradle has a degree of resistance to Mind manipulation which increases as they advance as does the potency of the Mind Manipulation techniques of a Sacred Artists. Currently I am working to catalogue and explain in this blog post(Though I'm not done linking all the scans yet)

I'll go into detail here later on some additions for all Sacred Artists which include resistance to Soul Manipulation and Mind manipulation

Last edited:
Alright I'm done with the Blogpost and I will get to the stuff I mentioned needing to be added for all general sacred artists tomorrow

Feedback on the mental resistance above would be appreciated

Alright the additions to what all Sacred Artists should have is

Sacred Arts:

Sacred Arts Resistances:

Those are looking great. By the way, do you think Bloodline Abilities should give characters like Malice Power Bestowal?

Yes they should. The abidan archives website is down right now but there is a WOG about the bloodline abilities being conceptually granted to those of the appropriate bloodline

Back