• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cracker's Stupidity: Randall Flagg vs Rohan Kishibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, do we have an agreement on if HD can actually effect Flagg yet. I haven't added Nuke's vote because of that (also I didn't see it).

I mean if it can't this is a stomp and I don't see why not.

Because it turns the target into a book.

Also, I'm taking it from the Rohan vs SCP-682 thread which was adjudged a stomp as 682 resists transmutation.

Randall Carter easily out-haxxes and uses the 10 commandments to cause the False Prophet to "Stop breathing"

I find that questionable, but no matter...

Heaven's Door still leaves the user in a conscious, sapient state. Flagg is a shapeshifter who can transform into and out of just about any sapient form he wants, and has shown this multiple times. Even if HD "transforms" him, he should be capable of shifting back beore anything bad happens, especially if he's read Rohan's mind first.

Hell, even if they hit at the same time with their hax, Flagg is just left as a humanoid book, able to move around as fine as normal. Meanwhile, Rohan is either dead or incapped horribly.

Scans? I don't remember that being the case.

Also, how long does it take for them to wake up? Incap time is a day.

Also, just to be certain, in what way does the rewriting portion of HD bypass mindhax resistance? Because he's still stated to be affecting their memories with it (albeit in an unusual manner), and that falls under mindhax.

They wake up as soon as Rohan is done with his info manip. He doesn't keep people KOed in character. Not even for a few minutes. He just reads about the victim and his powers, writes what he needs to or tears out pages and then calls back HD.

The video isn't working for me. I keep getting advertisements, then getting refreshed, ad-nauseum.

Fairly sure that with Thus Spoke, Rohan incaps people when he uses his Stand on them.

This is actually really interesting.

When heavens door has taken effect on a person and turns them into a book, they become mostly disabled. Your joints and fingers are made out of paper, Koichi can only barely manage to crawl. It doesn't induce a knock out AFAIK.

That being said Rohan can write the command beforehand in the air and then send it onto the target, activating it. If he writes "falls asleep forever" then the command is carried by HD onto the target.

They're both shooting first, does Randall just mindhax? He's going to receive whatever command Rohan writes in the air, but he's also receiving whatever Randall plans to do to him.

ProfessorLord said:
This is actually really interesting.

When heavens door has taken effect on a person and turns them into a book, they become mostly disabled. Your joints and fingers are made out of paper, Koichi can only barely manage to crawl. It doesn't induce a knock out AFAIK.
True for when he fought Koici, but look at when he disables Hayato in the Bite Za Dusto arc

Hayato doesn't resist

Randall resists, and very, very well.

Hayato is still a child though, disabling him then grabbing onto his face is overkill on the incap. Koichi has little man muscle, he and Okuyasu could still move while booked.

The same is probably true for Randall.

@ProfessorLord (referring to an earlier post):

Flagg tends to lean towards various forms of mindhax, as well as transmutation and "Stop breathing". Really anything that takes the target out fast, but those are the most common things he uses.

To be real with you though, if Heaven's Door doesn't knock him out right away, my point about him being able to shapeshift back into his normal self still flies. He's also able to teleport away if the attack is used again.

If he mind reads, he'll also see whatever Rohan is about to do right before he even knows he's going to do it (as in, DT telepathy actually has feats of this), so he could potentially just teleport out of range the moment Rohan tries to affect him with one of his powers.

When Rohan used it on Cheap Trick's original owner, it KOed him. HD underwent some kind of development behind the scenes probably, as its moveset and effects completely changed after a point.

What Tactical Nuke said. The only time it didn't completely K.O. was before he really understood the concept of Stands and had relatively little experience with it besides flashing people with paper. Then it developed a physical form and likely got stronger over time, which is why future uses led to incap.

Wrong, when he uses it on Cheap Trick's owner he just loses the ability to stand straight up and really move his joints, just like Koichi and Okuyasu. You know he's not knocked out because his eyes are still open and facing straight ahead, people who are knocked out have their eyes roll back in their head like this.

So yes, it doesn't knock him out right away unless that's exactly what Rohan is writing in. I can see Randall shapeshifting back to a proper form and teleporting out of range before Rohan decided to write anything (as the first thing he does after HD is usually just read what the person's abilities are) but if it happens a second time Rohan will wise up.

If Flagg gets the chance to shapeshift and teleport away, Rohan isn't getting a chance to pull that a second time. Bad things will happen the moment he's in Flagg's line of sight again.

Which will most likely be immediately, since Flagg can scry him from miles away with his third eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back