• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cracker's Stupidity: Randall Flagg vs Rohan Kishibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
TacticalNuke002 said:
If you wait for like 1 more second, you'll see that the dude is KOed and his eyes are closed.
Nah you're right. Good point.

I also checked the Reimi fight and she's instantly knocked out too. I agree now that HD ko's people on contact, the reason Koichi and Okuyasu weren't knocked out is presumably because his Stand took on a physical form and evolved since their encounter. That, or just plot induced stupidity.

So should I'm counting pixelkirby's and nuke's votes now since everything is cleared up... unless someone else wants to make an argument

I'm going to save myself some time and say this.

If HD KOs instantly, then its a "who fires first" scenario, meaning I vote inconclusive.

If HD doesn't KO, then Flagg takes this handily due to being able to get around HD's other effects.

This looks like the former, so the former it is. For now.

TacticalNuke002 said:
ThePixelKirby said:
Yea, basically, it's who shoots first. Shame Rohan is Unknown, or else he'd be a contender for best of whatever tier he's in due to being able to incap almost anyone 3D.
Its enough to resist Transmutation to stomp Rohan.
D&D is strongest confirmed

anyhow incon FRA

this is just another who moves first

Wait a minute.

"SBA except for 2 meter starting difference"

Okay, two things.

1. Two meters? That means they're standing right in front of each other at less than seven feet away.

2. Mind-reading in the DT-verse is passive at this range.

Means Randall instantly knows exactly how heaven's door works, what to do to take care of rohan immediately, and knows to not get TKOd considering those who know about heaven's door tend to not do that.

>Speed equal, Randall gets passive precog that basically gives him prior knowledge

OP plz change

CrackerVolley said:
Yeah? Is there a problem with it?
That detail changes a lot, seeing as Flagg's mind-reading gives him the ability to see what someone's going to think, say or do before they even realize they're about to think, say or do it.

At this range, where it's passive, it's basically precognition. He'd know exactly what Rohan is about to do before Roha knows what he's going to do. And could then just teleport out of range the moment he tries. And then pretty much ruin his life in a fantastic manner.

That still doesn't answer my question. I had no clue about this and it can be considered as a stomp in a way. But if I change it, I can be called on bias or something. IDK

Altering something so one side doesn't get completely oblitherated with no recourse is not bias

DMUA said:
Means Randall instantly knows exactly how heaven's door works
I want to elaborate on this so that there are no misconceptions.

Rohan will already have his moves just about planned out. Use HD, read Flagg like a literal book while he's out cold, make changes, profit. Flagg will see this while the thoughts are still subconscious.

He also has memory reading that allowed him to see so far into a man's past that he was able to briefly shapeshift into the (now long dead) gunslinging teacher said man had in his youth, just to screw with his head. Although this particular amount of digging takes a couple of seconds.

Even without the latter (which wouldn't be applicable here), the former very much applies. He sees what's going to happen before it happens, and reacts accordingly. You don't want to know what happens after that.

CrackerVolley said:
Ok, then I'll just set it to SBA and go from there.
That just puts them at 4km.

Meaning Flagg just finds him with his third eye and demolishes him from that distance, since that's well out of Rohan's effective range. (He can't see that far, and doesn't start the battle knowing who or where Flagg is)

Also, ****. I'm getting ninja'd hard today.

[Why is every edit to the scenario I do make it a stomp.] Ok, they start at half of Rohan's maximum range.

How does the mind reading effect your vote then? Do you want to change?

This match seems like a dud tbh.

The only way it's fair is if they both start in sight of each other without being within Flagg's passive mind-reading range. Literally any other scenario is a stomp in Flagg's favor, and even that scenario is just another who-fires-first situation.

A match that has to be set up under such specific parameters just to get an inconclusive doesn't strike me as "notable", honestly.

I mean

Yes, basically. Flagg stomps under literally any scenario but this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back