• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

COWBOY VS A TYRANT

Everyone's second favorite bandit/cowboy (Skyrim Bandits for life) against a Tyrant from Resident Evil 2

• Conditions for Battle
1) 9-A base form Tyrant is used and "Higher" Aurthur Morgan is used (Higher will be considered 9-A)

2) Battle takes place in a neutral town. 50 meters away. There is cover

3) No prep time

• Profiles
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tyrant_T-103 (Tyrant)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Arthur_Morga (Arthur)

• Votes
Tyrant: 5

Arthur: 1

Incon: 0

I would assume its possible. The Limiter Coat will probably render any arrow useless so it will have to be a head shot. As for the explosive I mean Arthur can tank 1 of them and he doesn't even have regen so not sure.

Eh, if Leon with his at least 9-B weapons can't do jackshit to the Tyrant, how is Arthur supposed to do anything? Granted, Arthur's shotguns are more powerful than Leon's, being able to pulverize heads from long ranges in a single shot, but Arthur is gonna have to abuse piercing damage a lot here.

Needless to say, his dynamite stick carries much more firepower than real-life ones. It needs to be calc'd.

I'd suggest changing to John Marston to even the odds.

Professor Evelyn said:
I would assume its possible. The Limiter Coat will probably render any arrow useless so it will have to be a head shot. As for the explosive I mean Arthur can tank 1 of them and he doesn't even have regen so not sure.
Arthur does have regen, unless you're using his sick version.

KLOL506 said:
Arthur does have regen, unless you're using his sick version.
My bad. I must have overlooked it. Also I assume a big point of discussion would be if the weapons used by Aurthur could kill Tyrant if he aimed for the vitals seeing as Arthur does have deadeye which he can use for up to 20 seconds to pinpoint vitals

Could be, but Tyrant seems pretty tough.

Then again, Arthur with a stack full of dynamite sticks could probably pull something off, and he can easily craft a few with animal parts only. One dynamite stick alone can leave entire trams in ruins and can blow off thick steel train doors designed to take high-caliber rounds like a champ.

Not to mention Arthur's damn good at stealth tactics and sets up multiple traps beforehand, and could even use environmental damage to his benefit.

So I vote Arthur via Dead-Eye, weak-spot exploitation, explosives, careful planning and overall having better senses, mid-diff.

I'd suggest changing to John Marston to even the odds.
I think it is pretty even since Morgan does have the range advantage, in my opinion an intelligence advantage as well as a versitality advantage. But that is just me

Marston isn't that far off tho, and he can literally one-shot Tyrant with his Explosive Rifle. Or he can just pull off the same stuff as Arthur.

KLOL506 said:
Marston isn't that far off tho, and he can literally one-shot Tyrant with his Explosive Rifle. Or he can just pull off the same stuff as Arthur.
That right there is a stomp. Its like an unarmed civilian vs a cop. At least there is difficulty here.

As for the match we have I want to remind you there is NO PREP TIME so no traps could be set up before hand and it is a neutral town.

I honestly think pretty often Arthur may just fire some shots not knowing what a limite coat is which of course is useless and Mr.X gets in close range. To be fair both are strong but I think our tyrant friend is physically stronger.

Our Tyrant friend literally no-sells.

And Arthur doesn't need prep-time to craft his stuff nor use them as arrows, he can do it on the fly. He even carries stuff with him all the time for moments like these. And mind you, his range is impressive, to say the least.

It is still time and Tyrant is faster than Morgan that just means Tyrant can get closer.

I do not doubt the range is good but the distance between the two is 50 meters (a little over 164 feet) and I do mention cover. Plus Tyrant is as I said at a speed where he can react to bullet fire and I haven't read anything that says RDR2's firearms are abnormally fast.

Not a stomp to say the least. I think whoever wins it would by mid to high-diff

The Tyrant has no resistance to Arthur's Perception Manipulation and usually doesn't like to dodge, so...

Dead Eye you mean? See that is a question. It shows where a persons vitals are correct? Most of the Tyrants vitals, if we assume it is the same as just a regular human, are protected by the limiter coat. In that case he does not actually have to dodge anything. (also just because he does not like to does not mean he cannot. He does not dodge Leon since by comparison to Arthur Leon is firing a pea shooter)

Also Deadeye lasts a max of 20 seconds so if he unloads with chest shots than thats GG

I have never heard of that before and I am fairly certain the way Arthur shoots is player determinant and should not and cannot be considered a plausible reason in this fight

KLOL506 said:
Arthur always goes for headshots first.
You said always. I am going to need proof that he "always goes for the headshot" because 99% of all his encounters are player determinant. That and I have indeed payed attention to the game. I have never come away with that so I am going to need to see a source or I have to just disavow that claim. I even checked the wiki. I checked google. Not a single source

So for now I will assume that this is false until proven otherwise and just leave it as if Arthurs deadeye cannot tell that the limiter coat blocks most of the Tyrants Vitals (and seeing as Morgan does not have the intellect or the prep time to figure this out in a timely manner) than in all likely hood Tyrant would probably get within close range

Here's another one of Arthur's many mishaps where he's forced to follow Micah's way of blowing up heads first.

Even if he doesn't go for the head first, he'll eventually figure out that the Tyrant's coat is a type of armor. Arthur's no stranger to that.

Top 50 funny in game moments proves that Arthur always uses headshots? I was several minutes in and I did not see a single headshot . . . or gun fight

Professor Evelyn said:
Top 50 funny in game moments proves that Arthur always uses headshots? I was several minutes in and I did not see a single headshot . . . or gun fight
Those were actually cutscenes.

The other link however, is when he deals with hostage situations or needs to get out of tight spots.

Ok again you say "mishap" and "forced" so you conceed he doesn't "always go for a headhsot" out of nature. Glad thats out of the way.

He might eventually figure it out yes but not before wasting a lot of ammo on deadeye shooting in the body. Thats enough time for the fight to turn close range and I think thats the next point in the discussion.

Hand to hand or rather close range

EDIT: For the record I am not saying he could NEVER go for a headshot first it is just unlikely as real gunslinger tend to go for the body since its a bigger target first and it is not shown to be in Arthurs general character

Added. I guess I will wait and see if anyone else comes.

Though I do think doing a melee comparison will have to happen eventually

He can pulverize heads with normal revolver rounds and one dynamite stick from him can blow up multiple horse carriages and leave trams in ruins (And blow open thick steel doors designed to brush off bullets). If he gets an entire roll of those things and detonates them (Which he will given the fact that he's usually overloaded with stuff) he can blow up entire trains and bridges.

I do not know. I was under the assumption it is within the 9-A range. Looking at the other versus threads for Morgan this seems to be generally accepted thought

Back