• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

COWBOY VS A TYRANT

For what it is worth Azatholz (butchered that) thinks Arthur Morgan via explosives reaches 9-A. So you know I think that is worth at least taking into consideration

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2671922#2

Honestly I buy that Arthur can be 9-A with explosives. And to make it fair I can give both combatants 2 hours prep time but no excessive knowledge.

The thing is, how high into 9-A matters a lot. Is the difference between not doing much even if he gets his head, needing to aim for the head, and completely punching through his cloak. Plus how much he would need.

so 2 hours. enough time to have layed out the land because this is a neutral town. Also enough time to rig some traps but not enough time to rig the entire town into some death trap. Not sure what the Tyrant can do in 2 hours worth of prep time so maybe ill replace prep time with basic prior knowledge to even it out

Ill edit up top to reflect these changes.

Anyhow. Tyrant has background knowledge on Arthur I.E he knows about his weapons traps, he knows he is a woodsman etc

Arthur has no idea who specifically the Tyrant is but he does have time to no doubt set some traps and is more familiar with the neutral town.

So if we talk about the early battle how do people see it going?

Eh, even with knowledge the Tyrant really has no resistance against Arthur's Perception Manip, and Arthur's senses would give him a forewarning of where the Tyrant will go next, allowing Arthur to set up some good-enough traps to blow the Tyrant to oblivion. Arthur already has several vials that will temporarily amp his statistics enough to keep up the good fight and maybe get at his weak points other than his Limiter Coat.

I still retain my vote of Arthur, but high-diff.

EDIT: Apparently explosive arrows can one-shot trains. Then again they're more powerful than the basic dynamite sticks in the game.

AguilaR101 said:
The arrows don't one-shot anything in that video, only set stuff on fire.
They charred the train tho. Still stronger than singular dynamite sticks. (For some reason)

Charring doesn't yield anything substantial.

-It's not even technically charred either, the metal looks more like it was coated in a layer of carbon that can easily come from the fire, you can do this to any chunk of metal by putting a lighter under it for a time.

Singular dynamite sticks most certainly aren't even close to 9-A in the game, even the bridge feat required like 4 or 5 separate charges with a dozen sticks to be achieved.

AguilaR101 said:
Charring doesn't yield anything substantial.
-It's not even technically charred either, the metal looks more like it was coated in a layer of carbon that can easily come from the fire, you can do this to any chunk of metal by putting a lighter under it for a time.

Singular dynamite sticks most certainly aren't even close to 9-A in the game, even the bridge feat required like 4 or 5 separate charges with a dozen sticks to be achieved.
Never said that the dynamite sticks were 9-A, but they're definitely more powerful than real-life 1-megajoule dynamite sticks.

We have had this conversation KLOL. The eagleeye only shows weak spots and vitals of a person but most of the Tyrants vitals are hidden behind his limiter coat. We literally discussed this. The Tyrants armor easily withstands point blank grenade launcher fire so most of Morgans fire arms are going to do nothing

Someone can correct if I am wrong but Arthur cannot predict where a taget can go. Only pinpointing weaknesses

EDIT: Also I think we said 9A with explosives only. So how strong are these explosives. Tyrant could tank point blank grenade launcher fire but was killed by two of those middle launcher shots.

Arthur doesn't predict where they go, but he can figure out where they've already gone. And he can figure out with sheer instinct alone when something goes wrong.

what is Arthurs strongest firearm because I feel like it would be hard to win with soley traps that the Tyrant already has some background info on.

Not really. Also, Arthur's weapons are too varied to give an exact statement of which weapon's the strongest.

Variety does not mean each weapon is the same. It is like master chief or gordon freeman. They are varied sure but some weapons are clearly stronger than others

Well, I really haven't unlocked all the weapons myself so I wouldn't know for certain.

Things got busy xD.

I still don't think he can put down as much damage as he would really need before X is too close, espeically because that would still need to hit his head to deal the bet amount of damage.

I might miss a few but essentially

• lack of firepower on Arthur's part that would land a fatal blow
  • eagle eye does not account for the bullet proof limiter coat Mr. X has
  • Mr. X is physically stronger and more durable

It's not impossible that he manages to deal enough damage via traps and/or dynamite arrows to the face while abusing his distance... But every shot that isn't the head except for the dynamite is kinda gonna be diffused by a lot, even the dynamite is likely gonna be muffled by the vest unless we got more concrete AP differences on both sides to make a call, and all the while Mr. X is relentlessly going forwards and maybe flinching sometimes.

I vote Mr x fra

Also the only real vital point of Mr X is the heart thats under the limiter coat

Back