• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Courage the Cowardly Dog upgrades

Note: This thread was formerly about boosting up Courage's old MHS+ speed, now we're currently discussing his attack potency (We said it should be "Varies from 7-B to High 6-A, at most 4-C")

He looks like he went from the sun to the earth in under a second which should be around MFTL, though this would only be for his reactions as you said.

So is it fine if his speed looks something like this?:

"Massively Hypersonic+ with Massively FTL reactions"

I'll still wait for a few more people though

Well, you need an accepted calculation blog to link to first.

He later dodged some asteroids while travelling to another Galaxy.

In the Sun episode, he also could travel from the Sun surface to the core in under 10 seconds, which I calc'd at relativistic in the original sun blog.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
He later dodged some asteroids while travelling to another Galaxy.
In the Sun episode, he also could travel from the Sun surface to the core in under 10 seconds, which I calc'd at relativistic in the original sun blog.
I'll make a blog post for the feat in the OP, if you can find a link to the episode i can add that to my post.

Can't be 16 seconds, by the way. Courage had a timer before the Sun goes nova on his ship. If I remember correctly, it was already at 10 seconds when he got to the surface.

Done!

Want to say that the Sun feat shouldn't be an outlier since Courage has shown being capable of simply 'walking' across the entire planet in a couple hours at most.

The reactions feat depends, but I believe Courage has tagged a shadow that quickly flew and transformed itself into a star in the sky.

Should be obvious that I agree with the upgrade.

Full Shadow episode.

At the 10 minutes mark, Courage convinces the Shadow to become 'the shadow of a star', and at the 10:55, the Shadow outright flew to the night sky and did became a star.

Although rewatching the episode for a bit, I don't think Courage actually reacted to it or anything (other than being scared).

Oh another thing to add

Assuming Courage weighs about 50 pounds (average weight for a medium sized dog)

His RelKE from the sun feat would be 9.15251986E+16 joules or 21 Megatons of TNT

Which is a DC upgrade from 8-A to 7-B for him

Nope, we currently accept using a calculated speed and a given mass to find KE as far as i know, i've seen it done on other calculations

Yeah Muriel punching a hole through the moon is definitely above 7-B though i'm not really sure how to calc her durability for it

There are a couple of better feats than that, actually.

Courage destroyed a spaceship that could withstand moving the entire asteroid ring around Saturn by crashing into it (and actually, he could keep track of it as it was moving through the solar system with his telescope, maybe more MFTL reactions?) with one of his hammerspace'd bombs.

The farm withstood the entire Earth being hit by an asteroid that launched it through the Solar System spinning (which affected everything on the planet), twice in the same episode, and he can usually destroy it.

Held a miniature star from the Starmakers, which were shown as capable of creating actual stars in the episode.

Courage himself created a machine that could suck the Statue of Liberty all the way from NY to Kansas in a couple of seconds (easy KE calc, which scales to courage with prep)

The statue of liberty one is easy

weight = 204116.567kg

distance = 1193.3 miles according to google maps

Speed = assuming it took 5 seconds, 384086.039 m/s

Ke = 15055850809642144 joules or 3.5 Megatons of TNT (Small city level, Low 7-B)

If I'm remembering things correctly, that asteroid hit Earth so hard that time reversed 1,000 years back. Thats pretty impressive

@Insecurity

I posted the episode. Indeed that happened, tho that's unquantifiable. The Earth spinning across the Solar System can't be calc'd.

However, the Earth doing the first full rotation on it's axis in whatever time it took could be used. The farm withstanding the forces from that (would require a second calc of the energy spreading across the surface) it's what can be used for scaling.

I think that's how that would work anyway. ovo

Edit: Just realized you can just calc Courage withstanding it based on his own surface area and be done with it.

Dog's weight to body surface area conversion: here.

Using Tata's weight for Courage of 50 pounds (around 23 kg), that would make Courage's body surface area 0.817 m^2

The planet has a surface area of 5.101x10^14 m^2.

Courage's divided by the Earth's = 1.60164673593x10^15.

-

Now the fun part. I will be basing it off this calc.

Slowing the video (as seen here) to 0.25 on YT, I counted around 6 rotations in the time it took a single second to pass. So the Planet did a full rotation in around 0,16666666666666 seconds. (I think that would be relativistic...)

360 degrees = 6.283 radians.

6.283 / 0.16666666666666 = 37.698 radians per second

Rotational energy: 0.5 * 4.848181x10^38 * 37.698^2 = 3.444970043593x10^41 joules

-

(Energy times surface area) 3.444970043593x10^41 * 1.6016x10^15 = 5.517625025713x10^26 (High 6-A)

Should be consistent with the moon feat.

-

So I rechecked the math, and using the Earth's circumference, the speed the Earth was spinning at was around 240,450,000 m/s (80% SoL)

So I don't know exactly how to do RelKE, but using this calculator I got 3.61821592×10^41 joules, using the Earth's mass, of course.

So yeah, it doesn't change that much. The energy would be 5.795103718172x10^26 (Still High 6-A).

Huh, so I was just rewatching the video. Here we can see the blue alien thing atop an asteroid hitting the giant asteroid who performed the above feat (that's weird ovo) into performing it again. That would make the alien scale to it, as it was the original impact of the asteroid colliding with the Earth that did the feat, which he later matched and exceeded when hitting the thing again with it's tennis racket.

In "Muriel the Magnificent" (full episode), at the 5 minute mark, after the moon feat, the same alien hit both Muriel and Courage back to Earth, which they survived.

Both this instances gives some validity to Courage's Star Level of breaking the sun by screaming.

I propose a variable tier, honestly. Courage is consistently varied in the series, with consistent feats for 7-B (statue of liberty and via running inside the sun), High 6-A (if my calc is correct, alongside moon feat) and now 4-C (by tanking the blue alien stuff, who matched the meteor that performed a 4-C feat assuming my calc is correct, and his own 4-C feat).

Is not like 4-C itself is inconsistent with the series; the Starmakers and the Shadow proved they can perform said feats (though they don't scale to anyone except themselves, with maybe Eustace receiving scaling to the shadow by tanking an attack from it; keep in mind the 4-C feat was just a byproduct from him becoming the shadow of a star, so it actually attacking should at least be capable of doing said damage).

Any thoughts?

Edit: Supporting feat for High 6-A Courage.

When holding the star in the starmakers episode, Courage doesn't even react to it. Keep in mind, in that same scene, the stars created are shown to just simply being warpped from our perspective into being smaller, as the Starmaker Squid showed being capable of sending them to space and them being literal stars.

This means Courage scales to its radiation, which has been calc'd at High 6-A.

Good thing Courage's sun-shattering scream doesn't seem like an outlier now

So I suppose his AP should look something like:

"Varies from 7-B to High 6-A to 4-C"

Although that may look a little bit weird....

@Tata

I'm not good with pixel scaling, so preferred calcing the Earth spinning. xP

But if it's safer to calc that, go right ahead. Sad that it would seize making the Star Level consistent, tho.

Back