• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is more evidence that Courage has regenerated from nothing if I remember correctly

1. Not having visible parts is not sufficient for Low-Godly regen.
  2. That video doesn't even show him having no visible parts, going frame-by-frame, you always see some ashes and smoke left behind.

Shouldn’t Courage regeneration be “High”? As the smoke generated by the explosion is not visible and would only make sense if its particles were dispersed in the air, which would mean that Courage was regenerated from them

Shouldn’t Courage regeneration be “High”? As the smoke generated by the explosion is not visible and would only make sense if its particles were dispersed in the air, which would mean that Courage was regenerated from them
Mid-High: The ability to regenerate from having all biology completely incinerated. This includes being reduced to ash, dust, smoke, vapor, or plasma.

High: The ability to regenerate from a few scattered or lone molecules, atoms, sub-atomic particles, or pure physical energy units.

It doesn't demonstrate that there were only a few scattered or lone molecules. It seems a lot more like being reduced to ash, dust, smoke, vapor, or plasma.

Mid-High: The ability to regenerate from having all biology completely incinerated. This includes being reduced to ash, dust, smoke, vapor, or plasma.

High: The ability to regenerate from a few scattered or lone molecules, atoms, sub-atomic particles, or pure physical energy units.

It doesn't demonstrate that there were only a few scattered or lone molecules. It seems a lot more like being reduced to ash, dust, smoke, vapor, or plasma.

From what the scene shows the rest of the smoke was dispersed offscreen

Last edited:
We never see a frame of that happening.

And again...

NOT BEING VISIBLE DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR HIGH REGEN

SMOKE DISPERSING DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR HIGH REGEN

You are required to establish that all that is left are a few molecules, or something smaller yet still physical.

Going by it frame by frame, there is still clearly the dark cloudy parts from the top of the explosion still on-screen when Courage regens back (around 0:20). Sounds like at best Mid-High.

NOT BEING VISIBLE DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR HIGH REGEN

SMOKE DISPERSING DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR HIGH REGEN

You are required to establish that all that is left are a few molecules, or something smaller yet still physical.

You still see the dark cloudy parts from the top of the explosion by the time Courage regens back. That's easily more than a few particles.

Smoke may have been being dispersed but that doesn't mean that Courage was reduced to a few particles.

Also, I rechecked again, and you still see some of the smoke from middle still around by the time Courage regened back. So even if you just focus solely on that part, there's still way more than enough smoke to disqualify it from being just a few particles. Definitely opposed to high regen based on this piece of evidence.

Wait, i linked to the wrong timestamp, this is the correct timestamp where the scene suggests that the rest of the smoke was dispersed in a few particles offscreen

The other timestamp ins´t a proof of High regen

Doesn´t the smoke created by an explosion literally disperses itself in a few particles?
No. Smoke of that size would involve, like, 10^27 atoms. Ludicrously far above just a few remaining.

Dispersed ashes do not count for High regen, this character only has Mid-High for that regen.

Last edited:
I can only repeat myself so many times.

Okay yeah, I am changing back to against this being high regen. 10^27 particles is so many that there'd need to be evidence that such a massive number got reduced to just a few. It being "dispersed" would not prevent there from being a ton of particles left.

Anyways, it feels we are going in circles.

I'll have a look at the other stuff in ~2 days.

Shattering the Sun with a scream seems like 4-C to me, though you cannot possibly give it more than that due to it being a gag feat.

The rest I agree with. Courage being 4-C is questionable, but High 4-C and Stellar is a massive jump.

From what I can find, the change was done in April of 2019, but the Wiki Forum has been lost to time. So maybe it was just when cartoon characters were given a varies rating more often?

For the profile I do like the new format though.
Do you agree with the changes? (I removed the High and Low-Godly regenerations and added Air manipulation, sealing, light manipulation, and resistance to disease manipulation)

Alright so, looking at the other changes.
  • Air Manipulation: While I usually dislike these "technically a power" powers, it is strong enough to pin someone to a wall, so sure. But I'm not quite sure why it's outside of the optional equipment section; could you elaborate on that choice?
  • Sealing: I'd kinda prefer the scan for sealing humans had another second or so at the start, since it does look like a ghost is being sealed, but there's just enough frames that it's technically fine.
  • Light Manipulation: This is a case of a "technically a power" power that I dislike. Another one where I'm confused on why it's outside of optional equipment. I'm gonna ask around to see whether this sort of thing is actually meant to be allowed.
    • First responses seem to be that this needs to be quite a regular thing, so just one scan isn't gonna cut it, especially with how many episodes Courage has.
  • Resistance to Disease Manipulation: Only the end of this scan was useful, but that made it pretty explicit.
  • Resistance to Transmutation: Completely without evidence, I cannot accept this.
tl;dr everything's good besides Resistance to Transmutation (needs evidence), putting some things in standard powers instead of optional equipment (justify this), and maybe Light Manipulation (I'm asking around).

Last edited:
Air Manipulation: While I usually dislike these "technically a power" powers, it is strong enough to pin someone to a wall, so sure. But I'm not quite sure why it's outside of the optional equipment section; could you elaborate on that choice?
I forget to do it, thanks for remember me

Light Manipulation: This is a case of a "technically a power" power that I dislike. Another one where I'm confused on why it's outside of optional equipment. I'm gonna ask around to see whether this sort of thing is actually meant to be allowed.
Yeah, i ain´t 100% sure if this can be considered a "power"

Another case where i forgot to add to the optional equipment list
Resistance to Transmutation: Completely without evidence, I cannot accept this.
It was due to things like this and this, but i doesn´t know if they justify resistance to transmutation

Alright so, looking at the other changes.
  • Air Manipulation: While I usually dislike these "technically a power" powers, it is strong enough to pin someone to a wall, so sure. But I'm not quite sure why it's outside of the optional equipment section; could you elaborate on that choice?
  • Sealing: I'd kinda prefer the scan for sealing humans had another second or so at the start, since it does look like a ghost is being sealed, but there's just enough frames that it's technically fine.
  • Light Manipulation: This is a case of a "technically a power" power that I dislike. Another one where I'm confused on why it's outside of optional equipment. I'm gonna ask around to see whether this sort of thing is actually meant to be allowed.
    • First responses seem to be that this needs to be quite a regular thing, so just one scan isn't gonna cut it, especially with how many episodes Courage has.
  • Resistance to Disease Manipulation: Only the end of this scan was useful, but that made it pretty explicit.
  • Resistance to Transmutation: Completely without evidence, I cannot accept this.
tl;dr everything's good besides Resistance to Transmutation (needs evidence), putting some things in standard powers instead of optional equipment (justify this), and maybe Light Manipulation (I'm asking around).
I forget to do it, thanks for remember me

Yeah, i ain´t 100% sure if this can be considered a "power"

Another case where i forgot to add to the optional equipment list

It was due to things like this and this, but i doesn´t know if they justify resistance to transmutation
So... what i do in relation to resistance to transmutation and light manipulation?

Courage resisted transmutation in "Katz Kandy" when he was turned into candy by a machine, but was still alive and even managed to rescue Muriel

Courage resisted transmutation in "Katz Kandy" when he was turned into candy by a machine, but was still alive and even managed to rescue Muriel
That's not necessarily resistance to transmutation, it could be a limitation of the machine's transmutation.

Have we seen it be used on others, and render them dead or unable to move?
Those links are broken.

That's not necessarily resistance to transmutation, it could be a limitation of the machine's transmutation.

Have we seen it be used on others, and render them dead or unable to move?
Well, Katz was completely trapped when he got caught in the machine as it was turning him into candy if remember correctly

That just reads like him being able to shapeshift, which we don't typically put down as resistance to transmutation, even if it is sort of an unconventional one that works as long as the transmutation doesn't stop one's abilities from working.

That just reads like him being able to shapeshift, which we don't typically put down as resistance to transmutation, even if it is sort of an unconventional one that works as long as the transmutation doesn't stop one's abilities from working.
Makes sense

And about Light manipulation? Can i put it as a power on his profile?

That just reads like him being able to shapeshift, which we don't typically put down as resistance to transmutation,
Serious? I've seen this on some profiles, like spongebob, discord and the looney toones. They are transmuted and then return to normal. I've never seen anyone saying what you're saying.

Serious? I've seen this on some profiles, like spongebob, discord and the looney toones. They are transmuted and then return to normal. I've never seen anyone saying what you're saying.
If they were transmuted by something/something else then returned to normal, yeah. In this case, he's clearly just shapeshifting himself; it's a thing he does a bunch.
And about Light manipulation? Can i put it as a power on his profile?
I'd say no, it's not a prominent/notable enough use to include.

I agree with Air Manip in optional equipment, Sealing, and Resistance to Disease Manipulation. Although I'd consider re-clipping these last two to focus on the parts that really matter.

I agree with Air Manip in optional equipment, Sealing, and Resistance to Disease Manipulation. Although I'd consider re-clipping these last two to focus on the parts that really matter.
I changed the timestamp of the "Resistance to Disease Manipulation" link

You thought that the link for "Sealing" working on humans wasn´t explicit enough, right? I changed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back