• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Could someone remind me why the Wind Fish 3-A feat was rejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been passively lurking on the Zelda tiering revision thread but I don’t remember the reasoning for Wind Fish being rejected. I’d ask on the thread but I don’t wanna derail it so I’m asking here.

It's an illusion afaik, check the recent threads the discussion is there
Yeah I ended up finding their reasoning in the thread. Although I still wonder if “illusionary world” in this context literally means it doesn’t physically exist, particularly since Link directly interacts with it and the fact that Marin was able to exist outside of it within normal Hyrule, albeit as a seagull. I might just bring it up on the thread itself at some point.

Illusion is no longer even the real point why it can't be used.

It's more how we currently treat creation and sustaining feats
Yeah I know. The downgrade is probably justified, I just wanna look a little deeper into it myself. But thanks for responding.

K so

Unless I'm mistaken creation requires a universal energy system that scales to physicals or an accompanying AP feat/scaling

Wind fish has nothing of the sort. He does have an arguable sustaining feat where he kept the realm in existence but the problem is when he wakes up only the island disappears and nothing else. The supposed stars in the background where you meet him in the dream world was argued as being actual stars but they remain intact after the island is gone. We have no evidence that the Awakening got rid of them. It was argued in context the island itself was the parallel universe that link mentions in the online site but I didn't really find anything to support that notion beyond a possibility from Phantom hourglass which is extremely debatable and wouldn't necessarily apply to this game.

Combine this with two statements of the world being illusionary and the inhabitants saying that nothing beyond the ocean exists and we got a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back