• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Could piercing blood be faster than its current status?

Currently, on Choso's profile, Blood Manipulation is listed as supersonic due to its initial velocity exceeding the speed of sound. However, things may differ given the context. The scan I linked previously states, "Blood Manipulation Convergence, a technique where blood is compressed and condensed to its limit. The condensed blood of Convergence is shot through a single point. The blood, now reinforced with cursed energy, is said to exceed the speed of sound."

Given this context, we know that if you reinforce and compress your blood with enough cursed energy, it is able to exceed the speed of sound. Considering feats, we've seen Choso shock and even surprise Uraume, who is currently fighting on par with Hakari, who was able to dodge lightning. Now, I am aware that the Hakari feat has been heavily debated by different supporters, and it is not what I am trying to discuss. I am speaking hypothetically here and using the supposed "feat," whether it is right or not, as an example.

In that case, Choso was able to reinforce and compress his blood with enough cursed energy to "hypothetically" reach Massively Hypersonic+ speeds. Does this mean piercing blood would be higher than a bit over supersonic speeds?

Well Supersonic for Piercing Blood also comes from a calc of it, using the Mach angle since it creates a sonic boom. It's about Mach 1.6

Well Supersonic for Piercing Blood also comes from a calc of it, using the Mach angle since it creates a sonic boom. It's about Mach 1.6
Using the hypothetical scenario I gave, would Piercing Blood be safe at MHS+? Or, for that matter, at any value depending on its user?

Currently, on Choso's profile, Blood Manipulation is listed as supersonic due to its initial velocity exceeding the speed of sound. However, things may differ given the context. The scan I linked previously states, "Blood Manipulation Convergence, a technique where blood is compressed and condensed to its limit. The condensed blood of Convergence is shot through a single point. The blood, now reinforced with cursed energy, is said to exceed the speed of sound."

Given this context, we know that if you reinforce and compress your blood with enough cursed energy, it is able to exceed the speed of sound. Considering feats, we've seen Choso shock and even surprise Uraume, who is currently fighting on par with Hakari, who was able to dodge lightning. Now, I am aware that the Hakari feat has been heavily debated by different supporters, and it is not what I am trying to discuss. I am speaking hypothetically here and using the supposed "feat," whether it is right or not, as an example.

In that case, Choso was able to reinforce and compress his blood with enough cursed energy to "hypothetically" reach Massively Hypersonic+ speeds. Does this mean piercing blood would be higher than a bit over supersonic speeds?
You're talking about how the initial successful usage of it at its lowest is supersonic yeah?
But depending on the CE control level of the person, it gets better yes?
Then yeah that's true.
If you compress it hard and good enough and reinforce it very carefully to give it a very high output then obv it gets faster.
Sorcerers generally improve through training and slightest bits of events and the like, or through battles, which is the best way to grow and fastest.

Accepting the statement as it can exceed the speed of sound establishes a speed floor, not a ceiling so piercing blood can be any speed above the speed of sound be it Mach 1.1 or Mach 500. Figuring out explicit speed for Piercing Blood is hard though. At the moment, we rely on Mach cones for each individual scene and without more probably couldn't push for higher speeds for Piercing Blood besides what the cones yield.

I disagree. I think there is a need to see these feats differently. We can't exclude the discussion of Hakari's feat and take it for what it isn't in the story to give support to Uraume's upscale.

Hakari's feat is reaction, and not consistent or narratively backed in any way. To go off it and then argue for this speed to Uraume is simply reaching off a weak point in the scaling already. And then these characters are not fighting on par. Uraume is substantially inferior in terms of speed in their fight physically, where they only land a hit via Attack Speed, which Hakari didn't need to avoid given his RCT.

And even besides Hakari and Uraume, this gets shut down the first time we see PB, Yuji narrowly dodged it, stating its speed wasn't fast after the initial launch, a Yuji who is inferior to Naobito, Naoya, Yuta, Jogo, etc. MHS+ simply doesn't follow the story's depiction of speed

And even besides Hakari and Uraume, this gets shut down the first time we see PB, Yuji narrowly dodged it, stating its speed wasn't fast after the initial launch, a Yuji who is inferior to Naobito, Naoya, Yuta, Jogo, etc. MHS+ simply doesn't follow the story's depiction of speed
kinda crazy how Naoya is the only anti-feat here and is the only one with no scaling over Yuji outside of being faster than an injured Yuji who literally suppressed himself since he wanted to die

Okay, despite the question I'm about to ask not being part of the original post, I am genuinely curious. The only thing really holding JJK back in terms of speed are statements from the Culling Games, such as Naoya's top speed being transonic or a cursed womb Naoya needing to build speed to reach Supersonic+. Yet, when do feats ever take precedence over statements in general?

We have seen Yuji react to Piercing Blood, and like Uraume, he calls it fast and even has only a 50/50 chance of dodging it, even from a distance. Based on what I was told above, the speed floor for Piercing Blood's initial release is supersonic; potentially, it could be even higher, perhaps MHS+ if we take Hakari's feat into consideration. We also have other feats like Maki dodging a bullet at point-blank range, which is clearly High Hypersonic+ based on accepted calcs I've seen.

My question is, once again, when do feats take priority over statements and make those statements unreliable?

I disagree. I think there is a need to see these feats differently. We can't exclude the discussion of Hakari's feat and take it for what it isn't in the story to give support to Uraume's upscale.
Why would you disagree with PB's speed being dependent on the level of reinforcement. This is the premise of the thread.

Hakari's feat is reaction, and not consistent or narratively backed in any way.
"Narratively" people just using that word nowadays without any meaning to back that up as to wtf they're talking about.
Why is it not consistent for Hakari who is a top tier. We see him barely evade the lightning going for his head whilst caught off guard and moving towards Kashimo, shifts enough so that his arm gets hit and not his head.
Blatant enough of a feat for a top tier.
Uraume is substantially inferior in terms of speed in their fight physically, where they only land a hit via Attack Speed, which Hakari didn't need to avoid given his RCT.
Some of these you used were instances where she gets caught off guard by his regen and gets exploited for that whilst she's holding back.

"Everytime we see PB" like never? It gets hyped up for bottom tier fodder and most mid tiers at best. Kenjaku literally treats it like trash in speed, one that is performed by a far stronger Choso.
Yuji says it isn't fast after the initial launch refers to when swinging. This is something Kenjaku tells us. Not that it gets slower after being fired in a straight line whilst traveling for several meters.

Yuji isn't slower than Naoya unless you think weakened and heavily suppressed/nerfed Yuji being out speeded and blitzed by Naoya is W point.

Yuji pre Shibuya blatantly produces sonic booms when running away from Eso. Naoya isn't all that 😭

Last edited:
Back