• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cosmic Reaver Kassadin vs Son Goku (DBS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AKM - via wank.

On a serious note, what are the votes? I couldn't tell who was voting early on, and now we're at 200+ replies, so I am lost LOL.

Number of votes and names, please :eek:

@AKM

Goku takes this by virtue of the abilities he gains from Ultra Instinct. The gap in reactions that allow him to land punches effortlessly while dodging Kass with certainty, his reactive power level which allows him to grow in power, as described, with every move that he makes.

He also has an AP advantage over Kass which combined together with his reactive Power Level make Kass' own AP boosting unlikely of being capable of competing head to head with Goku in power.

He also has his non damaging toolkit, IT, Solar flare and after images which take care of any other powers that Kass has very neatly.

I just don't get this. How can Goku UI through a massive explosion of Void energies followed with a cone AoE attack point-blank? Kassadin's Riftwalk will always let him outspace Goku.

And how exactly does Goku have the AP advantage?

Assaltwaffle said:
I just don't get this. How can Goku UI through a massive explosion of Void energies followed with a cone AoE attack point-blank? Kassadin's Riftwalk will always let him outspace Goku.
And how exactly does Goku have the AP advantage?

UI isn't just dodging. It's just fighting with instinct. Also. Goku is in UI. Kassadin is missing the "Point black" attack.

At best for Kass, he lands his ult on Goku. The difference from this point on is that Goku is not already reacting to what happens next, he has already reacted and gets to act out. He can freely land hits on Kass at this point. Kass might try more teleporting gain except that Goku is faster and stronger then he was before. The big difference is that he now has knowledge of what's going to happen next, he doesn't land a couple of hits this time, he lands more.

Goku has an AP advantage by virtue of being capable of competing with characters that were stated to be above characters who are Low 2-C. That was the first time he went UI, he's even stronger now. And once again, his power grows exponentially with each passing moment. Kassadin doesn't have that leisure. He needs certain circumstances to occur for him to grow in power.

He can't punch at universe range.

Also how is he freaking dodging Force Pulse? Kassadin Riftwalks into Goku's face and bursts the attack in his face. He ISNT dodging that.

Assaltwaffle said:
He can't punch at universe range.
Also how is he freaking dodging Force Pulse? Kassadin Riftwalks into Goku's face and bursts the attack in his face. He ISNT dodging that.
Even if he does do that, he isn't one shotting. After that Goku can adapt just like he did vs Hit. And if Kassadin gets to tricky with his teleporting Goku just uses his universal AP and range and busts the universe.

Goku's power is NOT growing exponentially. He is gradually rising at best. And Kassadin casually survives a Low 2-C event. Goku could barely damage a guy who is above a Low 2-C.

@Weekly Him hopping into another universe and re-appearing at a different point. His rift walk is multi-universal in teleportation and extended melee range with it's damage. Not sure why this needs to be wanked off and misrepresented honestly.

@Assalt By the time he tries to "burst" out a Force Pulse Goku's fist has already collided with his skull.

Assaltwaffle said:
Goku's power is NOT growing ezponentially. He is gradually rising at best. And Kassadin casually survives a Low 2-C event. Goku could barely damage a guy who is above a Low 2-C.
How is this a comparison? So Kassadin doesn't take damage from a low 2-C event because Goku couldn't damage a guy who is absurdly above low 2-C (This implies said 2-c is a solid, Multi-universal 2-C by the way.) That doesn't make much sense.

No. You getting 2-C by being stronger than a Low 2-C. That isn't how it works.

And Jiren is unquantifiably above a Low 2-C. We don't know how far above. Jiren still noted that Toppo's ascension to a GoD was significant.

@Assalt

"Casually" Gonna need some citations for that one. Goku's strength grows sufficiently in power for each punch to be referred to as being stronger then the preceding one. That's not gradual at all.

@Myriad

"Becoming sharper" doesn't imply his strength is multiplying. If he was growing exponentially, his punches would become so powerful so fast that Jiren would be pasted after a couple hits.

And there are no citations for his casualness, but standing around and not caring about the end of the universe seems pretty casual if you ask me.

Assaltwaffle said:
No. You getting 2-C by being stronger than a Low 2-C. That isn't how it works.
And Jiren is unquantifiably above a Low 2-C. We don't know how far above. Jiren still noted that Toppo's ascension to a GoD was significant.
You said "Goku could barely damage a guy who is above a Low 2-C." and used that as a reason as to why Goku busting the universe wouldn't hurt Kassadin. I said that sentence implied Jiren was a solid 2-C. That's all. Besides. If a regular human ascended to Town level, I assume Jiren would call that significant because Peak Human to Wall level is a huge jump. So Jiren calling something signifcant doesn't mean anything as of now. Besides, we may not be able to find the exact reasoning but Jiren taking on Goku and Vegeta and other 3-As with little to no effort should put him far beyond a baseline low 2-C by logic alone.

@Assalt

No need to put words in my mouth, I never stated that Goku's power is outright multiplying. Even a power-up as minuscule as 5% would amount to going up in power by half in just ten punches. Increasing in power with each move that you make, punching or not, is just that potent.

A scan of the paragraph where it explicitly states that Kassadin "didn't care" about the exploding space-time continuum around him would certainly be classified as taking it casually and would definitely be alleviating my skepticism towards your statement.

The gap between 3-A and Low 2-C is two degrees of infinity. First needed to surpass infinite 3-D power, then to enter significant 4-D power.

Also Jiren is not a 2-C. End of story until we see otherwise.

@Myriad

Didn't you say his power "exponentially" grows? As in a high end application of multiplication? Or am I getting this mixed up? If I am, then I apologize.

On mobile atm. I'll look for the scan of his universe tanking when I get home.

Edit: I found the paragraph it comes from. "Cosmic Reaver Kassadin: Born before the kindling of the stars, Kassadin stands alone in space's vast void. He watches over all things, a sentinel awaiting the end of this universe… and the beginning of the next."

Just waiting for the universe to end as you watch over it seems casual, imo. It is up for interpretation though.

Do you mean exponentially as in an exponent? As in, "to the powert of"? No, nothing of the sort. Quite frankly I should have taken into account that I'm talking to a calc group member, sorry.

It's only to the point where each consecutive action taken is distinctively more powerful then the preceding one. At least powerful enough to be noted as such and enough to make Jiren start moving even though he didn't need to do so just several punches prior.

What you posted is exceptionally vague. The biggest problem that I see with it is that it doesn't actually depict the situation happening, it only states that Kassadin is waiting around for it to happen. We don't get a clear indication of what actions Kass will have to take when a situation like this occurs.

In fact, this is so vague that it doesn't necessarily imply that Kassadin will be surviving this event at all as the end of this space-time continuum and the beginning of the next aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. This could simply be implying that he is waiting around for this universe to end therefore beginning a new one, it doesn't state that he gets to be there. However, as his AP seems to be scaling from other characters (can't remember which ones were also Cosmic Reavers) I think it's safe to say that he will be surviving.

If Kass does indeed simply float around in space waiting for the end of the universe without ever having to raise a finger against such events then yes, I agree that this is absolutely casual. To the point where this is likely a stomp even.

In my opinion though, this isn't nearly telling enough of how this all would be playing out.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Myriad
Didn't you say his power "exponentially" grows? As in a high end application of multiplication? Or am I getting this mixed up? If I am, then I apologize.

On mobile atm. I'll look for the scan of his universe tanking when I get home.

Edit: I found the paragraph it comes from. "Cosmic Reaver Kassadin: Born before the kindling of the stars, Kassadin stands alone in space's vast void. He watches over all things, a sentinel awaiting the end of this universe… and the beginning of the next."

Just waiting for the universe to end as you watch over it seems casual, imo. It is up for interpretation though.

Just because his Power "exponentially" grows, that doesn't mean it's multiplication. If anything, it just means he's getting way stronger as he fights. Anything can mean "exponential growth" if it actually shows. Besides, Numbers and Power Levels don't mean shit in DB anyway.

@Myriad

I did take it as exponents. Sorry that I got it confused.

@Antorus

I thought that exponentially was being used as in exponents, which is absolutely multiplication. That said it seems I took it too literally.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Myriad
"Becoming sharper" doesn't imply his strength is multiplying. If he was growing exponentially, his punches would become so powerful so fast that Jiren would be pasted after a couple hits.

And there are no citations for his casualness, but standing around and not caring about the end of the universe seems pretty casual if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8dvAaNYk_U

Pretty sure that, everytime he hits, he doesn't JUST hit more sharply, but he also hits quicker, and harder. Meaning, he does get stronger as he fights. Gotta also remember, this Goku has YET to Master U.I, as he's just gotten to that state. Hell, when Beerus used U.I against the other GoD's, he was bodying them, and he himself hasn't mastered it. Whis was able to **** around with SSB Goku and Vegeta (See litterally ALL of their Training Episodes in order to understand), and he's likely mastered U.I. The only reason he hasn't beaten the Grand Priest yet is because the guy's his Dad.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Myriad
I did take it as exponents. Sorry that I got it confused.

@Antorus

I thought that exponentially was being used as in exponents, which is absolutely multiplication. That said it seems I took it too literally.

No exponents. Though, it is crazy. However, I might have to recheck.

So in this thread UI Goku can do the following:

• Dodge an unlimited amount of projectiles that will continuously home
  • Dodge a point-blank AoE attack
  • Get magnitudes stronger every single punch

Assaltwaffle said:
So in this thread UI Goku can do the following:
  • Dodge an unlimited amount of projectiles that will continuously home
  • Dodge a point-blank AoE attack
  • Get magnitudes stronger every single punch
I dont know about the Second point, but you can't really blame them for thinking the 1st and 3rd point, since thats what the series shows.

@Allan - Uhm, no. None of those 3 factors apply in DBS or this wiki. Goku isn't getting immensely more powerful after each attack, he can not evade an attack that homes in on his location forever, and he sure as hell can't DODGE an AOE that can go across the entire universe.

The wank for UI is immense.

Heck, I'm still not entirely sure if UI being able to hit sharper with every blow after dodging isn't just landing better blows.

What I'm personally getting out this entire thread:

Kassadin has an AP advantage by virtue of having the patience to wait a long time.

He can create an unlimited amount of projectiles. He never gets tired at all, like ever.

Kass can ignore Instinctive reactions completely. The ability is completely impotent against him. He also grows in power even faster then a reactive power level user by absorbing their attacks. Attacks that his enemy is very unlikely to use because they are too busy getting barraged by an unlimited number of projectiles flying into his face.

If I knew any better, I'd say that Kassadin is being massively wanked off in this thread. But hey, that can't be true. After all, there is only one person who has an actual League of Legends avatar in this thread.

The real cal howard said:
Heck, I'm still not entirely sure if UI being able to hit sharper with every blow after dodging isn't just landing better blows.
I'm 99% sure that that's just Goku getting gooder at using the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back