• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cosmic Reaver Kassadin vs Son Goku (DBS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds pretty NLF.

Technically Kass can absorb punches

Oh come now. Absorbing Lee's attacks is just game mechanics. There is no power for him to eat there, lore-wise.

Kassadin can absorb even a ******* knife being thrown at him and that gives him a charge. The guy can absorb charges '''''even when a robot just throws his hand to grab something'''''

Assaltwaffle said:
This sounds pretty NLF.
Technically Kass can absorb punches

Oh come now. Absorbing Lee's attacks is just game mechanics. There is no power for him to eat there, lore-wise.

This too. It is a game mechanic. Forgot to mention that.

SchroKatze said:
Kassadin can absorb even a ******* knife being thrown at him and that gives him a charge. The guy can absorb charges even when a robot just throws his hand to grab something
Guys. This is game mechanics. They classify as abilities. He doesn't gain charge for literally the exact same thing when Katarina or Blitz Auto Attacks him.

Riot aren't going to assign "supernatural" or "not supernatural" to every ability for the sake of Kassadin's Force Pulse.

SchroKatze said:
Kassadin can absorb even a ******* knife being thrown at him and that gives him a charge. The guy can absorb charges even when a robot just throws his hand to grab something

A MAGICAL enchanted Knife. Like, do you know what you're even talking about anymore? Cause, U.I Goku uses Ki, not Magic. Said this 5 times already.

What i meant is punches will power his Force Pulse

And Assalt Technically Lee's punches and kicks, the ones that Kass can absorb, are amped by ki...

Assaltwaffle said:
SchroKatze said:
Guys. This is game mechanics. They classify as abilities. He doesn't gain charge for literally the exact same thing when Katarina or Blitz Auto Attacks him.

Riot aren't going to assign "supernatural" or "not supernatural" to every ability for the sake of Kassadin's Force Pulse.

Annnddd....I always forget to mention this crucial detail as well.

WeeklyBattles said:

And Assalt Technically Lee's punches and kicks, the ones that Kass can absorb, are amped by ki...
But he can also absorb random knives and arrows, but not others. Where do we draw the line and call it NLF?

WeeklyBattles said:

League of Legends Ki is WAY different from DB Ki. In League, Ki (AKA Chi) is considered Magic. Same goes with WoW. In DB, Ki is DIFFERENT from Magic. And, if we consider this to be in Goku's Universe (Since I don't see him going to another Universe just to fight some Void threat first), then Kassadin's attacks won't do much.

Ki in LoL is not considered magic, Mana is magic, theyre two different things

And no, it would be in a neutral universe as per SBA

WeeklyBattles said:
Ki in LoL is not considered magic, Mana is magic, theyre two different things
And no, it would be in a neutral universe as per SBA

Either way, it would still be considered in game Mechanics, since Kassadin would only be empowered by Magic attacks, and not Ki (As stated by his Abilities and their descriptions).

WeeklyBattles said:
No, not only magic abilities, ANY abilities
Okay, maybe that is the case. Hell, maybe we'll even apply this logic, and his Force Pulse DOES charge up fast. However, when he casts it, it only goes to 1 direction. Goku could either go above it, or around it. It's not that hard to dodge. HOWEVER, everything else seems to be absorbed by Magic only.

If you REALLY want to get specific, both Jax and Shen have abilities that give then Instinctive Reactions and both of those abilities charge Force Pulse...

But abilities that require no exertion of Ki or magic, like Zac stretching his body, are still absorbed. Clearly it is game mechanics that he can absorb anything.

WeeklyBattles said:
Ki isnt an in-game balancing mechanic at all

Never said it was. Said that Ki empowering his attacks was for In Game balancing, mostly because it'd be unfair to the player if he fought a Ki opponent, and that said opponent was unharmed by his attacks.

Assaltwaffle said:
But abilities that require no exertion of Ki or magic, like Zac stretching his body, are still absorbed. Clearly it is game mechanics that he can absorb anything.
Zac is the product of alchemy, thecnically speaking he's magic

AntorusTheBurningThrone said:
Never said it was. Said that Ki empowering his attacks was for In Game balancing, mostly because it'd be unfair to the player if he fought a Ki opponent, and that said opponent was unharmed by his attacks.
Why would that be unfair...?

Then Sejuani's Boar, Bristle, charging. Just an animal running forward. And don't say "magic ice armor" because that is her passive and it won't proc Force Pulse.

WeeklyBattles said:
AntorusTheBurningThrone said:
Why would that be unfair...?

Idk. But, knowing LoL Players, they would complain.

WeeklyBattles said:
Shrug Fair enough. Goku's ki attacks and the like will still empower Force Pulse though
I agree with that. His blasts and techniques will empower Force Pulse. And considering Goku sometimes spams hundreds at a time, Force pulse is gunna get big.

Assaltwaffle said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Shrug Fair enough. Goku's ki attacks and the like will still empower Force Pulse though
I agree with that. His blasts and techniques will empower Force Pulse. And considering Goku sometimes spams hundreds at a time, Force pulse is gunna get big.
Never seen U.I Goku spam, unless he had to. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back