• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Can't believe we finally downgraded IG Thanos.

Speed = (Cuz Omnipresence means nothing)

Cosmic Cube Thanos: 1 (ABoogieYesSir)

MCU Dormammu: 8 (Ercosore, Zark2099, EmperorDoom25, KingEzran, JooCipher, Schnee One, Edwardtruong2006, The Wright Way)

Inconclusive: 0

Thanos Cosmic Cube
MCU Dormammu

I count the vote but using 2 one time used powers for a character with years of history is pretty redundant, not to mention those powers will likely not work on someone made out of time-space.

Thanos FRA and I don't know if Death Manipulate would work on a non-corporeal and Dormammu's Fusionism sounds kinda op.

Dormammu is Incorporeal so petrification would be a non-factor. Regarding death manip, acording to his profile he has it because he can "kill people in an universe where death doesn´t exist", idk if his death manp works any other way,

I see, then it doesn´t seem he could use it like people were sugesting. CC Thanos is one with the universe right? Couldn´t Dormammu just absorb him since absorbing dimensions is his thing?

Yeah he is universe-sized, and Dormammu could absorb him. In the thread where all the evidence for Dormammu's stats was brought Matt even said that he remembered some interview where Dormammu was stated to be one with his Dark Dimension, unfortunately no one was able to find it.

Since Thanos is the universe, yes. If his profile were to give him normal Massively FTL+ speeds on that key then idk, maybe Dormammu wouldn't start with that.

Or not, Thanos is at his best and we still rank Omnipresence as a type of speed, for some reason.

Eficiente said:
Since Thanos is the universe, yes. If his profile were to give him normal Massively FTL+ speeds on that key then idk, maybe Dormammu wouldn't start with that.
Or not, Thanos is at his best and we still rank Omnipresence as a type of speed, for some reason.
Apparently on the Speed page, there is a note regarding that part:

"While Omnipresence is, strictly speaking, not speed, it is listed as a speed statistic due to behaving in combat similarly to how normal speed would. For example, a being that is omnipresent within 3-D space would win every race against an opponent with normal speed, due to already being at the goal by the time the race starts. In addition, an attack from an omnipresent being is unavoidable with normal speed due to the attack being in every location in the universe at once."

And that is about it, really.

@HammerStrikes There are at least 2 things wrong on that note, but I'm not going to talk about it here.

@Eficiente

Well there is a description of something about omnipresence to be more like a state of being as well, but yeah a bit derailing here.

"(This is technically a state of being, rather than a speed, but has consequences for combat similar to that of a speed statistic. For practical comparisons, each case requires more detailed consideration.)"

Why did you came just to say that? This should be added first, there is no reason to close this before that.

Because isn´t that how it works? Grace ends after a few days, thread is closed and fight is added. My appologies if I am mistaken, I just though it worked that way.

@Ercosore I mean, yes, but the important part is to add the match-up, most vsthreads aren't closed and that's fine, it's not something bad for anyone. Meanwhile give a bump the match-ups addition request thread is not a thing anyone can do, we are only able to communicate in the vsthread itself.

Back