• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Although Corrin likely has higher AP, I'll vote for Shalltear due to her hax (like Death Manip and Implosion Manip). She can also outlast Corrin since her Spuit Lance heals her for every successful hit, Corrin's wounds will be cursed not to heal, and she also gains fuel for her magic whenever Corrin bleeds. That's not even mentioning her time manipulation and resurrection.

Considering Corrin can use Silence to make her enemies unable to use magic that pretty heavily nerfs Shalltear.

Well, unless she uses it quickly, then she might be in trouble. I mean, you wouldn't look at Shalltear and expect her to be partially a magic caster. Also, like I said, Shalltear can outlast her. Additionally, Shalltear's death manipulation is a passive ability imbued into her strikes, not a spell.

"SILENCE"

Shalltear is now completely incapable of using any ofer magic and Corrin dominates through AP

As I said earlier, Shalltear can outlast Corrin through life drain, and her death manipulation is in her strikes, not a spell.

Im leaning on shalltear due to her passive regen negation and staying power with squit lance. Plus corrin needs to get four killing blows off "Three for her time reversal heal, the fourth to get past her self ressurection item." Get past her summon with all her physical stats and deal with her family of familars.

If it's just magic, then Shalltear should still be able to do things like her Time Reverse to rewind damage on herself 3 times

Shalltear can also revive once is she dies, so that would probably help her

So if silence stops her time related regen he still needs to get off two killing blows before shalltear does so with her innate regen negating. She will heal from every succesful strike. Her summoning of the being with all her physical stats is a skill and is thus unaffected. Still leaning on shalltear.

Shalltear has Silence magic as well, and prob resistance too considering it's a low-level spell in Overlord. How strong is Corrin's spell?

Shalltear's Blood Pool, Negative Impact Shield, Purifying Javelin, Summon Household, Time Reverse, and Einherjar will all not be negated since they are skills and not magic.

Wait time related regen was also a skill thus unaffected. So she cant use her spells she still has a lance that heals on hit. The ablitity to negate three killing blows, the ablitiy to insta revive once, and the ablity to summon a being with all her physicals. All of the above are skill and thus unaffected

Schnee One said:
"SILENCE"
Shalltear is now completely incapable of using any ofer magic and Corrin dominates through AP
Do you think Corrin would win without taking a single hit?

Because I don't see resistance to Death manip

Anyway, if Shalltear is resistant to magic null, she loses

If she isn't, Silence is passive so most of Shalltear's stuff fail by default, Corrin is casually 2.5x stronger in both durability and AP so Shall loses in a physical confrontation as well.

Corrin, while not as old, can deal with some of the best knights and guardsmen in the entire world and is fantastic at multiple forms of combat and different weapons

Also, Death and Life drain being done through physical strikes does not nullify the fact that them inducing Death or Life Draining are a part of magic

So my first question needs to be answered

Shalltear's skills are not magic. Skills and magic in Overlord are completely separate. Plus in a physical confrontation Shalltear has the advantages of instant death inflictment, blood draining, getting stronger the more blood is on her, reversing time, using shields, accelerating time to dodge strikes or retreat, shooting purifying javelins, curse inflictment, draining health, summoning her household for drain fodder or distraction, and creating her Einherjar clone which shares her physcal abilities.

All the ablities ive listed are skill innate properties given by her class that has nothing to do with casting magic. Squit lance drains life, any attack shalltear makes is infused with death hax as her skills in the cursed holy knight path granted her that. Same with the duplication and time reversal.

He still has to kill her twice unless his silence has stopped ressurection before.

Honestly you really aren't wrong on that, I feel like powernull in FE should go more in depth

Silence is basically the ability to stop a character from either

1. Speaking to cast a spell

2. Makes them too weak to actually use said magic

3. Makes in so that their summoning and magic aren't actually capable of being casted despite their commands

Shalltear also needs to speak to use her magic IIRC, so the first is a problem

I will also say that Corrin can range spam her just fine without any ranged attacks or way to summon a magic shield like wall of stone

I just looked into the effects of silence are as follows "Stops a character from talking and casting magic for a short time" This seems to imply it is the traditional silence that stops one from chanting a spell.

Shalltear actually doesn't need to talk to activate her skills...

@Schnee: There's a very low-level spell in Overlord that can stop people from casting by silencing them, like the first point there, so she most likely can resist that sort of thing. Are the other two dependant on the first working?

Is Corrin's weapon enchanted or otherwise unconventional? If it's not, then Shalltear resists it. Also, people from YGGDRASIL usually say their spells out loud as a habit since otherwise their group wouldn't know what they did. However, I do admit that Shalltear has never shown this ability. Nonetheless, I contend that she doesn't need her spells to win and has enough advantages already.

In the game, they didn't necessariliy need to talk, but they seem to need in the New World.

Edit: There's also a "Silent" variant of a few spells, so the casting is certainly needed for most spells.

InfiniteSped said:
@Schnee: There's a very low-level spell in Overlord that can stop people from casting by silencing them, like the first point there, so she most likely can resist that sort of thing. Are the other two dependant on the first working?
Then she nopes it perfectly fine

Shalltear FRA

He cast a tenth-tier spell which was naturally targeted on Bukubukuchagama.
"[Ultimate Disturb]."
Technically, there was no need to speak when casting spells, but one's colleagues would not know what was going on if nothing was said. Therefore, magic casters announced their spell names as a sort of courtesy.

I would guess Shalltear is doing what her Supreme Beings would do when casting spells, though that's just a guess

InfiniteSped said:
Edit: There's also a "Silent" variant of a few spells, so the casting is certainly needed for most spells.
It seems more like a spell modifier than just a standalone spell for each one.

Even if Shall's spells are nulled, I vote Shalltear. Skills in Overlord really aren't magic nor spells, and she can heal back and contest Corrin in a long battle. Not to mention, her skills are actually some of the most powerful things she has.

Yea, I read the light novel, the Shalltear vs Ainz fight was incredible. But yes, she talked far less.

Votes:

Shalltear: 6 pen, apeironaxim, schnee, pixel, fdryboy, infinite sped

Corrin:0 (Not counting thatsafloridathing as he used reasons that were shown to be flawed in the above discussion)

Yeah, I think I'll change my vote over to Shalltear, mainly because of her death manipulation and time manipulation, and the fact that Corrin's power null only nulls magic attacks, which means that most of Shalltear's haxes are still viable.

Back