• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Copen Vs. Lapras

I had to

For real, Copen will likely try a bit of everything, electricity and AZ are resisted, for starters, but Copen has the Fire manip to hit Rotom hard.

I also have to point out that Rotom can leave the machine at any time it wants to turn into a ghost and possess Lola to make her backfire.

Copen resists Teseo's hacking, which is better than an Azure Striker's hacking, which is considered the ultimate Septima for it's hacking ability.

Rotom isn't doing jack all to Lola.

Rotom's possession isn't hacking based, however, it possesses stuff like a ghost, so a resistance to Possession would be needed here, not hacking.

Rotom posesses electronics via being made of electricity. Copen's most common enemies basically do that. The best Rotom can do is disable prevasion.

The speed difference is small. Copen's attacks are about 2x faster while Rotom has slightly faster combat speed.

Copen downscales from High 7-A while Rotom upscales from 531 megatons. Copen probably has AP.

Rotom's intangiblity is elemental and all the Pokemon wank in the world won't convince me otherwise. So Copen has plenty of counters to that.

Suprisingly, Copen has the variety advantage against a Pokemon. I'm pretty sure that's outlawed in several countries.

When has Pokemon resisted AZ? General ice I understand, but I'm pretty sure no Pokemon outside of legendaries has reached AZ.

Anyways, the way I see this going is they fight. If Copen dosn't win at first, then he gets brought back by Lola's Anthem. He then starts spamming Power Grab since he seems to do that in character after Anthem (As seen in his Gunvolt 2 fight), so he powernulls Rotom and wins.

On a side note, I noticed you put this in the strongest Non-Smurfs. Rotom probably isn't the strongest 7-A non-smurf for Pokemon. And, upon giving if more thought, Benjami probably beats Copen. Copen's probably getting buffed to High 7-A anyways.

Sheer Cold is described as an Absolute Zero attack, which all Ice type Pokémon like Rotom in this form aren't affected by.

Rotom can always get out of the machine to turn into a ghost and just safely attack, BTW, because Copen lacks the NPI to hit ghosts.

Rotom can also increase drastically its own AP with Nasty Plot and enhance durability and electric attacks with Charge.

Oh yeah, Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray can also be a problem for Copen.

High 7-A is filled with a ton of Pokémon to choose from, namely Mega Magnetric and Mega Ampharos

TBH, Prevasion seems good and all, then you remember it doesn't actually protect from hax and isn't even much different from Logia users in One Piece

Sora Vs. Gunvolt or Copen would end horribly bad even if we leave the tiers at a side

Like, the most you could argue for stuff that Prevasion grants resistance to (beyond conventional attacks) is stuff that's granted by inorganic physiology, which hardly includes hax.

Anything that uses Ice Climbers Wobbling logic (I.E. don't get hit) prevasion can dodge. Kira's bomb transmutation, for instance.

Oh, good to know.

Anyways, what can Copen do if Rotom stays in its base Ghost form later? As we all know that Copen can't hit ghosts IIRC.

You need Non-Physical Interaction to harm them, however, that's why every single Pokémon has NPI.

That's why Pokemon ghosts can go through walls, are shown consistently to be intangible in the anime, and are described as intangible (in some cases, non-corporeal) in the Pokedex. So yes, Bobsi's right.

Against Lapras, Copen has a huge skill and variety advantage, and Lola can tell him if an attack is espesially effective. Stallar Spark and Prism Break in particular would be Super Effective against Lapras. Hailstorm Blade would be neuteral and not resisted since it's AZ, which Water is weak to (Takes more damage from than a normal ice attack, not weak to as in it does normal AZ things).

In a nutshell, Copen probably beats non-ghost 7-A Pokemon, but not Ghost types since he can't hit them. But maybe Greed Snatcher/Power Grab would work, since it's shown to ignore two different types of Intangibility.

Water actually resists Ice type moves, further resisted by the Ice type Lapras also holds.

The one ice type move in Pokemon stated to be AZ, Sheer Cold, is strong against water, isn't it? Or am I thinking of a different move?

But yeah, Copen may or may not be able to null Pokemon intangibility with powernull, which he becomes much more willing to use after Anthem.

Machamp lacks the abilities needed to be able to hit Copen, unless you want to stretch it with No Guard.

Back