• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cool-down period for CRT involving Death Battle-involved combatants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction

As Death Battle has become an influential web series about versus debating and its verdict, questionable or not, would be influential in VS Battles Wiki. As it is possible that Death Battle supported verdict could be potentially more acceptable with less consideration of its validity, I propose cool-down period for CRT involving Death Battle-involved combatants.

Proposal

The discussion rule proposed is:
CRT which involved characters (specifically, upgrade of the winners or the downgrade of the losers) which have appeared in notable versus debating web series (Death Battle only) are not allowed until one month after the first release of the full episode. It is allowed to prepare the CRT during the cool-down period.

Nobody here is getting influenced by Death Battle.
Not really. For example, Jonathan's MFTL, Bill's 2-A are directly caused by Death Battle episode. (Please note that this statement does not indicate my opinion of these stats, but evidences of stats and abilities influenced by Death Battle result)
If people want to do revisions after a DB drops, let them.
It is a cool-down period, not a completely ban.
No reason for this rule to exist.
As Death Battle has become an influential web series about versus debating and its verdict, questionable or not, would be influential in VS Battles Wiki. As it is possible that Death Battle supported verdict could be potentially more acceptable with less consideration of its validity, I propose cool-down period for CRT involving Death Battle-involved combatants.
Also, I believe a month is enough for anyone who wants to do such revision (upgrade of the winners or the downgrade of the losers) have time to prepare for their proposal rather than accepting everything Death Battle said without much self analysis.

I tentatively support this given the reasoning in the opening post.
Death Battle is very notable & brings attention to Versus Debating in general, & as a big, active, specialized forums for the topic, it seems foreseeable that Death Battle would spike activity in Versus Debating communities for certain topics. In theory, this could mean new users showing up or people becoming invested in revisions involving topics that may not be ideally familiar for those involved.
Perhaps a month is a while, however: Spoilers for big, newly released shows & games have shorter embargos. Death Battle isn't THAT huge, although spoiling of its results is often very noticeable.

Yeah, no. This shouldn’t be implemented. Just because some popular VS show featuring some combatants gets released doesn’t mean you should be locked from revising that character featured in the show for a long time, ‘cause that feels too strict even for those who have never heard of that VS show.

Though, you should make the CRT when it releases publicly to everyone and not just FIRST members so you can avoid spoiling the results to everyone.

no lol

Nobody here is getting influenced by Death Battle. If people want to do revisions after a DB drops, let them. No reason for this rule to exist.
I had to stop like 19 ******* different JoJo 7-C upgrades off faulty DB calcs. You are gravely mistaken if you think we don't have easily influenced children who don't know basic math here.
I think making it a rule is a bit much tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back