• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Concluded) High 8-C Tournament: 20% Deku vs Toph

This topic is already concluded and the match has been added. If you disagree with the results, make a rematch and I'll debate you there. You're not accomplishing anything by commenting here, because no matter what you say, this thread is over. Make a new one if you feel so strongly about this.

Name 3 moments I displayed circular reasoning.

Me calling you out on a lack of knowledge is not ad hominem.

I never straw manned you, every point I made was in direct opposition to your own.

Even using you too much is an ad hominem

and when making a long paragraph of something hipothetical is almost without facts is almost always a fallacy.

I did state why the 100% as well as most of my arguments .

Fang Yuan of justice said:
1)gloves and boots are what let Deku near his limt (protecting his limbs and enhancing him) but they are also the most important parts she needs to look out for (an coincidentaly have metal) and knowing these 4 she surely knows what he is doing and is ging to do .
2)of course she can sense a piece of metal let alone 4 (peomle usualy have 8mg/L that is less than a needl)

3)Stop using Overhaul that is 100%ish Deku with the asistence of Eri that reverted him to when he was fine.

4)Anyhting that is not stated is your asumption just as I am doing mine .Plus even Toph kid end series could one shot her initial-self (I am just saying that starting that;

starting kid Toph has at least 20% of winnig and surely can resist some time,

final series kid Toph at least 90%

lastly her adult self is proficient enough to control his key equimpent and stop him from moving and all this is current Deku ,20% Deku is even weaker.

5)flight is still a bad option for him (sock waves are cuadratically weaker with distance ) and will make everything dusty even a tier 10 can make it dusty hitting the floor.

6)here some Naruto quote "were there is earth y will make sand"

7)lets agree to disagree wether Toph can dogge the whip

8)I do not consider the whip because Toph outranges him he will get continuously hit by derbiss(medium rocks and sand prob.) Toph can win with this alone since the beggining

9)please keep it shorter
(Each line is a response to your's (I don't usually make comments like these in long discussions, but in this case I need to take off the gloves and do it))

1) How does metal on optional equipment allow her to know what Deku is going to do? Metal Manipulation does not equal Precognition on metal.

2) Once again, what metal? One part of the mask on his suit? And seismic sense doesn't mean she can sense metal. And even so, what would she do if she could?

3) Overhaul isn't being discussed in this match and neither is 100%. That comment was pretty much meaningless when it comes to the topic at hand.

4) Sure, anything he said that isn't from official sources is either assumption or logical conclusion. But the meat of his points comes from multiple references from official sources.

Where'd that come from? That's assumption. You can't just add random Toph win percentages and call it fact. And what resistance? Resistance to what? Point me to where Toph resists Punches, Kicks, and air pressure. (Just because she survived air in the show isn't a resistance to it.)

More random percentages? Assumption

Okay, but how is manipulating the metal mask gonna stop Deku from moving? And current Deku mainly uses 8% like how he did after his encounter with Gran Torino, and his second fight with Bakugou which would make 20% Deku even stronger.

5) You say it like making things dusty is a bad thing. Also, no. As a human, I myself am Tier 10, but I have never made things dusty by punching the ground.

6) A naruto quote has what to do with My Hero Academia and Avatar?

7) No, let's not agree to disagree. Let's use facts. It depends on two things. Deku's accuracy and Toph's evasion skills. Deku's accuracy has shown to be quite precise on people close to his speed, and Toph's evasion skills haven't really been shown much and being blind doesn't do her any favours.

8) You don't consider Blackwhip because Toph outranges? Um...no. It's like if you have a sniper rifle and I have a pistol, you may outrange, but if you completely disregard my pistol, there's a good chance you'll die. (Not like I have a pistol or anything like that). And "Toph can win alone with this since the beginning." What, medium rocks and sand? Deku has good evasion as shown when he evaded Chisaki's earth spikes with Eri in his arms. And pretty much every one of your arguments has been debunked by King or me.

9) You had quite the long comment yourself. And as Buttersamuri and King said, making a rematch thread is always an option. But don't come into my concluded thread with illogical statements. I do take responsibility for the fact that I left the match marked as "Grace" and not "Concluded". However, once you found out the match was concluded, you're best option would be to either live with the fact that Deku won, or make a rematch thread.

ok if I renember I´ll make another when next Deku "form" is better defined.

I do understand some of your points but I still not agree (I mean you are being a bit unreasonable when not accepting 1,2,3,5,6) you did a red herring in most of them invalidating the statement for minot things. (Toph did say domething similar to 6)

And lastly please why can't Toph not win by spamming sand on Deku (he has no counter and is dependant on his sight) (btw she can manipulate dust and change betweensand stone and earth)

Also she can burry him and many other things uderground he will lose due to his lower lifting strength against benidng +preasure

Dude, this is a concluded thread. Please, if you're going to make arguments still, wait until a rematch is made. You're pretty much beating a dead horse here.

How defined do you want it to be? "20% Deku" is in the title.

So, the 2nd half of statement 1, the 1st half of statement 2, All of statement 3, the 2nd half of statement 5, and the 1st third of statement 6 are all minute things? Got it. And a red herring is "something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting." None of my statements were intended to be misleading or distracting. If they were, I'm sorry. But they were intended to show you in what ways your statements are wrong. If you yourself call them minute things, why do you feel the need to include them in your comment? If Toph said something similar to quote 6, give me a link where she said it. And if you can't, because it might be hard, say "Toph said something like 'Where there is earth, I will make sand.'"

If Toph can win by spamming sand, why can't Deku win by one-shotting her when her earth shield is down? (I know she can use dust, sand, stone, and earth.)

Honestly...I'm not going to debate this. I wouldn't say this is close to as many arguments as there are for Deku, but this is a pretty valid argument. If you led with that, I probably wouldn't have to do my big response. I'm not gonna say this is a bad argument, because it isn't. It's a good argument (Not to mention Toph has better AP). However, because Deku can one-shot if Toph doesn't have a shield up, and because he can bounce around and wear Toph out, my money's on Deku. But once again, this is concluded. Deku won a month ago.

Someone get a mod to close this already, this was concluded and added to both profiles forever ago

Deku won, simple as that, if anybody still somehow disagrees just make a rematch

Back