• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off panel Sonic has some stupidly absurd feats but I don't even think he's allowed either.

I'm unsure. We have other composite characters but it's probably going to be treated as a Comics thing. We have multiple Superman profiles but we don't composite them.

It's one thing to composite all Sonic Comic versions or composite all his Game versions but to composite Comic, Game, and Shows in one is stretching it imo.

Maybe if I make a beta, and then get input about how it looks like? I´m going to start with a composite across all media, including even Smash Bros. probably.

We have composite Gunvolt using anime and games (As much as I disagree with it), so I'm not sure.

Actually, if this doesn't get accepted, then I'll probably have to remove the composite Gunvolt thing to keep the wiki consistent. Maybe this should be made into a bigger thread about the requirements for a composite profile in the first place?

You can give it a shot, no harm in making a set up and getting input. Better than just making the real thing just to have it deleted.

SomebodyData said:
Actually, if this doesn't get accepted, then I'll probably have to remove the composite Gunvolt thing to keep the wiki consistent. Maybe this should be made into a bigger thread about the requirements for a composite profile in the first place?
Literally the only potential reason this wouldn´t be accepted (as far I know) due to controversy in the topic, just look at what my Marvel/DC question did.

Any objections against it, however?

Hst master said:
That said what are the requirements for the composite profiles in the 1st place?
Well...

"Composite profiles should generally only be given to extremely prominent well-known characters with multiple incarnations, and these should only go by their own highest statistics. That means that external weapons and power-sources, that are not a normal part of their arsenal, should be excluded."

I think he fits the main requirements.

Hmmm, I dunno. Maybe that its unnecessary (Unlike a composite Popeye [Made of hundreds of short stories with varying stats] or Samus [Where its basically a glorified 'summary' of Samus' canonical armory] it doesn't really serve a purpose, does it)? Can't really think of any outside of that atm.

It´s like why Composite Link is around, to give a summary of the stats of the character as a whole, which is quite interesting if you think about it.

Well its a summary of his canonical reincarnations. This is quite a bit more than that.

Can you explain? Sonic is more complex than other composite characters I´ve made, so I can´t tell very well what to clearly exclude.

One thing is for sure, Game and the Genesis Wave incarnations are going to be in it in some way.

I think you explained it there. This is more complex. Too complex for something really unnecessary.

Yeah I mean it's not like Composite Sonic is going to be any game changer like Composite link. Considering nearly all of his best feats come from pre genesis Sonic.

It may be complex, but I don´t give up easily, which means that I gladly take the effort to do such a thing, even if to only test the allowance of such concept

It should be more like:

Base | Super Sonic | With Various Transformations

The first two due to how constant they are in the franchise, the last key as a massive summary.

I think it should be more like:

Base | Excalibur Sonic | Darkspine Sonic | Super Sonic | Ultra Sonic

Did I miss something important?

Does Exalibur Sonic, Darkspine, and Ultra Sonic even appear in most versions?

Because otherwise, those keys would actually be lacking in terms of their own composite abilities, which would be really weird.

Not really, but mixing them up in the last key is counterproductive, as a common complaint about such things is taking the theorical composite "too far" or in those lines.

Any thought regarding that? Just separating them isn´t a big issue.

However, they may just be removed entirely as they are not common forms anyways.

Kyle Ramos said:
I mean, i can understand the 2-A hype, but that´s derailing, so please keep it for another thread, you may even link it here when you do it.

Anyways, I have to go to sleep, this thread may be moved to another board at this point, by the way.

You know I heard that vibrating your molecules at fast speeds can heal minor injuries like cuts. Maybe that's where it comes from?

For simplicity purposes, Im going to keep the base Archie Sonic´s abilities to the Base Modern form and above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back