• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
How would people feel about a Composite Slender profile. There are countless iterations throughout The Slender Mythos and when people refer to the character they tend to speak in a general sense. Not to mention, I've already seen a match involving a hypothetical Composite Slenderman so there's clearly an audience for it.

No. There's no official or unofficial lore for Slenderman, anyone can contribute, meaning Composite Slenderman would just... encompass every Slenderman work ever.

Promestein said:
No. There's no official or unofficial lore for Slenderman, anyone can contribute, meaning Composite Slenderman would just... encompass every Slenderman work ever.
What about just the versions we have on site?

That just seems illogically selective?

Despite his folkloric qualities, the Slender Man is not in the public domai. Several for-profit ventures involving the Slender Man have unequivocally acknowledged Knudsen as the creator of this fictional character, while others were civilly blocked from distribution (including the Kickstarter-funded film) after legal complaints from Knudsen and other sources. Though Knudsen himself has given his personal blessing to a number of Slender Man-related projects, the issue is complicated by the fact that, while he is the character's creator, a third party holds the options to any adaptations into other media, including film and television. The identity of this option holder has not been made public.[9]Knudsen himself has argued that his enforcement of copyright has less to do with money than with artistic integrity: "I just want something amazing to come off it... something that's scary and disturbing and kinda different. I would hate for something to come out and just be kinda conventional."[34] As of May 2016, the media rights to Slender Man have been sold to production company Mythology Entertainment.

I know it's in the public domain but we really can't judge the line between what should and shouldn't be on the composite. If we go by just the official licensed stuff or whatever it'll be like from 3 pages

No.

It is not public domain.

the Slender Man is not in the public domai

The whole thing on the internet is just fanfics. Only videogames allowed by the linked people could be used.

So, just the versions acknowledged and blessed by Knudsen then? Might take some research but it's wholly do able.

I mean it's not in the public domain. I know that. I mistyped.

I mean... we already have pages for 'fanfic' Slendermen. Should we delete that all?

Promestein said:
I mean it's not in the public domain. I know that. I mistyped.

I mean... we already have pages for 'fanfic' Slendermen. Should we delete that all?
We could move it to the FC/OC wiki.

What about Marble Hornets? They have their own film, and soon comic. The creators also say The Operator=/=slenderman but that could just be trying to avoid copyright idk.

It should be alright. Even if he looks pretty much the same, he isn't really other than being a rip-off. So he can tecnically be counted as a different character.

Ok so all the MH profiles should be ok? Also the slender mythos page should be deleted as well. what about 101 Amazing Slenderman Facts? It is a licensed book, but I don't know if it has been approved by Knudsen.

The Operator won't be part of the composite btw.

The only way it can stay is if we akbowledge it as another character.

Back