• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Organism pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skalt711 said:
Yobobojojo said:
I think we should make the profile now.
Still no. We should ask administrators and calculation group for the permission...
Now we should finish this profile and ask admins/calc group for the permission... someday.

Offtopic: I'm going to sleep. Bye.

Holyhotsauce said:
I'm wondering if it should have immunity or Resistance to Soul Manip since Souls don't exist in real life.
That's subjective. Even if it wasn't, verse equal.

Holyhotsauce said:
I'm wondering if it should have immunity or Resistance to Soul Manip since Souls don't exist in real life.
Depends only on verse equalization: if in the verse things like Trees, Fungus, Bacteria and viruses don't have a soul, then the CO doesn't have it.

Also, I found the smallest viruses here:

"Viruses"
"Many biologists consider viruses to be non-living because they lack a cellular structure and cannot metabolize by themselves, requiring a host cell to replicate and synthesize new products. A minority of scientists hold that, because viruses do have genetic material and can employ the metabolism of their host, they can be considered organisms. As well, an emerging idea that is gaining traction among some virologists is the concept of the virocell, in which the actual phenotype of a virus is the infected cell, and the virus particle is simply a reproductive or dispersal stage, much like pollen or a spore".[1]

"The smallest viruses in terms of genome size are single-stranded DNA (ssDNA) viruses. Perhaps the most famous is the bacteriophage Phi-X174 with a genome size of 5386 nucleotides.[2] However, some ssDNA viruses can be even smaller. For example, Porcine circovirus type 1 has a genome of only 1759 nucleotides[3] and a capsid diameter of only 17 nm.[4] As a whole, the viral family geminiviridae is only about 30 nm in length. However, the two capsids making up the virus are fused; divided, the capsids would be 15 nm in length. Other environmentally characterized ssDNA viruses such as CRESS DNA viruses as well as others can have genomes that are considerably less that 2,000 nucleotides".[5][6]

"The smallest RNA viruses in terms of genome size are small retroviruses such as rous sarcoma virus with genomes of 3.5 kilo base pairs (kb) and particle diameters of 80 nanometres (nm). The smallest double stranded DNA viruses are the hepadnaviruses such as Hepatitis B, at 3.2 kb and 42 nm; parvoviruses have smaller capsids, at 18-26 nm, but larger genomes, at 5 kb. It is important to consider other self replicating genetic elements, such as satelliviruses, viroids and ribozymes".

This should give us an idea of how goos its Regenerationn, duplication and infection is.

Royalty1702 said:
Holyhotsauce said:
Whether souls exist or not is pretty controversial.
Depends only on verse equalization: if in the verse things like Trees, Fungus, Bacteria and viruses don't have a soul, then the CO doesn't have it.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
This thing has a soul(from equalisation).
^ I am a atheist and I agree that this thing should have a soul; the only verse I can think of that he would possibly have resistance is dragon maid, due to the main character (who's name has escaped me) pulling the god sword out of Tohru

Imma put this into the profile creation thread. What we have now is all for a while, and the only thing left is to put all the possible stats in one place. I have some IRL stuff to do, so I won't be back for at least half a hour

Wait which calc are we using the 7-A one or 6-C because both of them are pretty much the same. I think we should just have it be 7-A possibly 6-C to be safe and to make this simpler

Keeweed said:
Wait which calc are we using the 7-A one or 6-C because both of them are pretty much the same. I think we should just have it be 7-A possibly 6-C to be safe and to make this simpler
Thats fine. Wasn't it High 6-C though?

Keeweed said:
Why do we need to make it safe? Possibly should only be used if there's doubt. Do you think the 6-C one is invalid for some reason?

@Yobobojojo Organisms don't have many ranged attacks, and the ones that do exist are of pretty weak things (shooting blood). I think the best place to look for range would be striking distance of various animals, then scaling those up. That or using how far some plants can eject their seeds.

^ spores and seeping a sea\ spitting poison would have range (plus this thin is huge so it melee strikes would be pretty far); but I do agree with just going 6-C

As per request, putting the earlier calcs from others into a blog. This only contains the 6-C and MHS+/sub-relativistic calcs as those are the highest we have so far.

Of course, go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back