• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite human durability upgrade

While watching some YouTube. I came across this video which talks about a man called Frank Richard who could tank a cannonball shot at him from 12 feet away. Which when I looked more into it, he took several blows before his act by several people using several items

"He then progressed to letting people jump on his belly, being struck by a two-by-four, being struck by a sledgehammer"

And then shot by a cannonball. It brings up here it being specifically a 104 pound ball.

"and finally being shot by a 104-lb. (47 kg) cannonball from a spring-loaded 12 ft. (3.6 m) cannon"."

As well taking punches in the gut from, Jess Willard and Jack Dempsey, who were heavy weight world champions

"Dempsey hit him in the stomach a reported total of seventy-five times"

"He also allowed champion boxer Jess Willard to punch him in the gut, to prove its strength."

"Because of his act being centered around getting hit in the gut, he became acquainted with most boxing champions of the time. These included Jim Jeffries, Jack Johnson, Ad Wolgast, Joe Rivers, Joe Lewis, Jess Willard, and Jack Dempsey."

This would only apply to the gut, but this should be brought up in the durability section for Composite Human. Iirc, most normal canons can get wall results. But if needs a calc. That would be a very quick calc.

Unless we get the muzzle velocity of that cannon I doubt it can be used.

KLOL506 said:
Unless we get the muzzle velocity of that cannon I doubt it can be used.
We know the type of cannon used, how heavy the cannonball is, and the distance between him and the cannon. So I don't doubt we could. And to my knowledge. The starting speed of a cannon is 100 m/s to 200 m/s.

He did have a chair smacked onto him tho. Wonder what that would be.

Well. I did a quick google on a spring loaded. I saw 50 M/S. Which may cut the feat by some. But certainly an upgrade still. Though I'm still looking just in case as I am trying to make sure on it's speed And the chair feat also may be worth a look into

Can I see the link on where you found the 50 m/s thing? Would be helpful nonetheless.

If the 50 m/s is correct. That would be a buff past there current Street+. Hitting into Wall level.

This could be supported by people who have taken long falls. As typical 4 story falls hit the just barely into Wall level energy. At least an upgrade specifically towards CH gut. And maybe full body should falls be taken in account, as even normal humans have a 50 percent chance of surviving a wall level fall.

I just going to say right now based off Ritsuka Fujimaru's durability being hit by a canon is only 9-C and that was a canon meant to destroy ships. This was a canon designed for a human to survive a hit from it (unless the creators of it were just going to casually commit murder) and falling isn't a feat for real life humans as there is always other reasons why they lived. I could go up to someone that survived a fall out of a fourth story window and punch them to death because they aren't super durability (heck I could go up to someone that survived a fall from the death zone and still punch them to death because they lived due to sheer chance, not durability). They most likely just broke their legs or landed at an angle that didn't kill them. Like how a man survived a head on hit from a train but only lived due to the angle he was hit at. Or how a other man got thrown 60 mph by a tornado but lived due to the angle he hit the ground.

Keeweed said:
I just going to say right now based off Ritsuka Fujimaru's durability being hit by a canon is only 9-C and that was a canon meant to destroy ships. This was a canon designed for a human to survive a hit from it (unless the creators of it were just going to casually commit murder) and falling isn't a feat for real life humans as there is always other reasons why they lived. I could go up to someone that survived a fall out of a fourth story window and punch them to death because they aren't super durability. They most likely just broke their legs or landed at an angle that didn't kill them. Like how a man survived a head on hit from a train but only lived due to the angle he was hit at.
Basing it on another character has it at 9-C doesn't work if the feat itself is something higher. If a Cannonball flys directly into his gut at 50 M/S. That's close to 60,000 Joules of energy that he just took and got up. There wasn't any real special conditions that change it. It's just him standing in front of a cannon and being shot and being able to get back up showing no real signs of injury. If this cannon is really strong enough to destroy ships. It probably should be Wall. It's just a solid piece of round metal firing at high speeds. If you get hit directly by that and survive. It should scale to durability. In this case. A solid piece of metal flying at 50 M/S right into his gut. Twice every day. A simple KE calc says that's Wall.

That article doesn't say the canon is 50 m/s. It was saying that if you fired a canon ball at 50 m/s how far would it go. Was the canonball that shot the guy even made of metal. I doubt the people that shot him would have used a solid metal canonball fired at 50 m/s because that would have been attempted murder and they would have been arrested.

Uhhhhhh, Ritsuka's dura literally states that she broke bones.

Also weren't Fate 9-Cs supposed to be upgraded to 9-A via scaling to the rest of the 9-As?

I haven't seen anything saying they should be upgraded, but I won't be surprised if they were supposed to be upgraded.

Also yes their bones broke, but that was a much stronger canon as it was actually made to kill people unlike the one made for a human to survive.

There was a thread that was supposed to up Ritsuka to at least 9-B (When the characters were still 9-B) but it never went anywhere. So that part is irrelevant here.

Keeweed said:
That article doesn't say the canon is 50 m/s. It was saying that if you fired a canon ball at 50 m/s how far would it go. Was the canonball that shot the guy even made of metal. I doubt the people that shot him would have used a solid metal canonball fired at 50 m/s because that would have been attempted murder and they would have been arrested.
Ehh. No. 100 percent no. He quite literally wanted them to shoot him. That's was his set up. If he died. That was his own fault. That's not a reason the cannon would be any slower. His career was showing how tough he was by tanking hits from weapons and people. This just was his most famous one. Had he died, he would have been the one responsible. It's like people who escape deadly traps for entertainment. If they die. It's not on someone else for their death.

And he didn't die. At least, not due to the cannonball anyway. But he did limit the act to twice a day because it was painful for him to do anymore than that.

Keeweed said:
The article still doesn't say they shoot him at 50 m/s. Also assisting suicide is also illegal.
It's Not attempted Suicide. Watch the video. Literally it's what he is famous for. He takes hits from other such things. And we are going off of finding the speed of this cannon. Which is what we are trying to do.

Could someone figure out the distance from the cannon to frank and the frames it took for the cannonball to hit Frank?

Buttersamuri wrote:

"It's Not attempted Suicide. Watch the video. Literally it's what he is famous for. He takes hits from other such things. And we are going off of finding the speed of this cannon. Which is what we are trying to do."

Then you can't claim an upgrade if you don't have the speed of the canonball yet, especially since similar feats have gotten 9-C results.

I'll be gone for an hour as I got class right now but there is something else I want to look up that makes me more skeptical of this feat.

Get someone to calc the video for speed, then use KE formula and you can find out if it's worth an upgrade or not...

Wait... is the video I'm slow mo?

Actually I just looked this up and the first thing I saw was multiple sites pointing out that this was an obvious hoax. I'll link them after class.

GreyFang82 said:
Get someone to calc the video for speed, then use KE formula and you can find out if it's worth an upgrade or not...

Wait... is the video I'm slow mo?
It is. I'll see if I can find a video at normal speed

Well first we have to find out if it's a hoax or not let's wait for seeweed to send the link. If it is real I will do the calc if not then oh well

Alright, I'll start working on the calculation. But I am still open to the fact it could be fake.

So I'll link my blog when I finish ok?

GreyFang82 said:
Alright, I'll start working on the calculation. But I am still open to the fact it could be fake.

So I'll link my blog when I finish ok?
Alright. Sounds good.

A combination of low pain reception+fat reducing the force of impact+falling well to spread the impact over a larger time (reducing the force of the impact)+abnormal natural toughness of his body I would assume.

Back