• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Commander Shepard vs Solid Snake

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
Character version: Composite Shepard vs Prime Snake

Round 1: H2H Only (with Melee weapons)

Round 2: (See equipment bellow)

Victory Conditions:

Round 1:
knocking the opponent out for at least one hour

Round 2: Killing the opponent

State of mind:

Round 1:
In character

Round 2: Bloodlusted

Knowledge of the other character/verse:

Round 1:
No Knownledge

Round 2: Full Knownledge

Preparation time:

Round 1:
None

Round 2: 1 week

Equipment:

Snake:

Stun Knife

Beretta 92F/FS

M16A1

Sniper Rifle

M37

WP Grenade

Shepard:

Omni-Blade

HMWP Master Pistol

Particle Rifle

M-29 Incisor

M-27 Scimitar

Inferno Grenade

Time: 4 pm for both rounds

Starting distance: The characters start at 40 mts of each other

Who wins and why?

Male Shepard
Solid snake

Notadeadguy said:
Shepherd has a more devastating attack up close
IMO Snake stills phisically equal and with his experience he could actually beat Shepard (Round 2 is another story)

The thing is, do we actually know what they can do in a week's worth of prep?

A lot can happen but we have no sure way to tell what can happen

Notadeadguy said:
The thing is, do we actually know what they can do in a week's worth of prep?
A lot can happen but we have no sure way to tell what can happen
Simple, just think: who is more stragestic or who has a better back help?

And considering they have full knowledge...

Dang. I even signed up for this.

By composite Shepard, you mean the default male, soldier Shep, right?

I'll assume yes for now until anyone states otherwise.

While without gear, they would be matched or nearly matched in CQC, I still wish to point your attention to the fact, that Shep posseses a medigel dispenser, omnitool-based skills and heavy shielding already built in in his armour.

Both of them are technologically enhanced humans of similiar strength. Theoretically a fistfight or another H2H encounter between them would result in a draw, or victory of Snake, who is known to be stronger by a hair or two... If not for the Adrenaline Rush ability on Shep's side that slows down the world for him, speeds up his reflexes, adds to his already impressive strength and generally makes him what we would normally call a superhuman. Snake is a martial artist, a veteran soldier and a highly trained marine, true. But he wouldn't be able to keep up with the speed. Also, shields/barriers and medigel. Oh, and by the way, omniblades cut through standard metal.

I'm sorry Snake.

The second part would be interesting, but I'm heavily inclined to say that Shep would still win.

Why is that? Radars. Every standard battle armour and omnitool has a radar jamming functions. Snake probably has those too... but from 200 years earlier. I don't see how Snake could jam Shep's radar the same way that some highly advanced geth platforms can and I can easily see Snake's gear fried before the battle began. Unfortunately, Snake's biggest advantage as an infiltrator that could've made the day just disappeared.

Even if it didn't though, how many pot shots would he be able to take against Shepard until he found out where are they coming from? I'd say, around one. One shot, which would have to pierce the heavy shielding and armour and would still not kill Shep in one strike, no matter the location of said shot.

I'm describing Shepard as a walking tank, but remember that he is a soldier as well. He will open 'accurate' fire on sight, most likely killing Snake in the process. And there's still the adrenaline burst which speeds him up immensely. I could be persuaded into thinking that if he tried really hard, he could probably dodge a normal bullet. Maybe not the ones from his universe, but the normal ones? Possible.

Actually, the gear you've chosen here doesn't even matter all that much. Shepard is a future soldier, and as much as I value Snake's experience, Shepard is not a newbie either and would probably feel like fighting a caveman.

I love Snake. I grew up with him. It's just that this confrontation was over before it started. Both rounds.

Back