• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Comics Negan vs Project Zomboid Player (0-0-0)

I'm just gonna keep using PZ Player in these type of debates until I find another character similar to him.
Rules;
  • Negan has his standard equipment, and The Player has a crowbar, a hammer, and a smoke grenade.
  • The Player has the "Fit", "Graceful", "Adrenaline Junkie" and "Brave" traits, and has the "Long Blunt" skill maxed.
  • Battle takes place in the streets of the Commonwealth.
  • They start 10 meters away from each other.
  • Speed is equal.
latest
project-zomboid-character-art-illustration-v0-z1f0gh8dmhra1.png

Negan: ()

The Player: ()

Incon: ()

Last edited:
I think its not much of a difference. Like 1.4 or 1.5 or something like that. Negan is baseline subsonic
The player has base human speeds and Negan has subsonic speeds.

Yeahhhh i think speed needs to be equalized on this, Negan is going to end up speed blitzing the player, gg.

Alright Negan has a tiny ap advantage, probably skill advantage and stamina

The Player has a small lifting strength advantage and intelligence

Probably voting Negan for now

Wouldn't the player try to push negan before defeating him like he does with all the zombies he has killed?

A hammer would be powerful enough to give them the win.

Wouldn't the player try to push negan before defeating him like he does with all the zombies he has killed?

Yeah that’s definitely something they could do but negans probably more skilled so that makes it more difficult

I mean, Negan is probably bigger than anything The Player has faced, and has similar LS so I don't know.

For the second part I know that you can one-shot zombies on the ground with a hammer but Lucille is levels above that. After one hit from Lucille, Beta (A 7 foot beast) got knocked out for 5 hours.

Last edited:
Changed some things around to make it more interesting. (The Player now has the "Fit", "Graceful", "Adrenaline Junkie" and "Brave" traits. Also has a smoke grenade)
Negan's stuff;
  • Range advantage due to being taller. (198 vs likely 175)
  • Unarmed combat skill? (Could go either way considering The Player can be a police officer or a war veteran, but Rick was a police officer sooo)
  • Melee combat skill.
  • A tiny little bit higher AP.
  • Bit higher LS. (Negan is about to be upgraded to Class 1 soon so I could change some things around)
  • Far higher injury and pain tolerance.
  • Likely more intelligent battle wise.
  • Has more experience overall. (I don't know how much you can keep on playing PZ, but by the time of Issue 193 about 30 years has passed since the start of the outbreak)
The Player's stuff;
  • Has the "Adrenaline Junkie" which should help him for a while, don't know how long does it last though)
  • Has the "Brave" trait. (Though I think its still lower than Negan's natural lack of fear)
  • Makes less sound while moving which should help him inside the smoke.
  • Has a smoke grenade.
  • Higher energy exertion.
  • More intelligent overall.

Has more experience overall. (I don't know how much you can keep on playing PZ, but by the time of Issue 193 about 30 years has passed since the start of the outbreak)
Pretty sure the world record is ten years
Has the "Adrenaline Junkie" which should help him for a while, don't know how long does it last though)
Only like a couple seconds although technically in universe it would be a couple minutes.
Far higher injury and pain tolerance.
would like to point out that the player is probably going to be upgraded to peak human soon and is super underrated in terms of pain tolerance.

This makes it a lot more interesting gonna think about it for a bit before giving a vote

Ok so they start at the same speed but with adrenaline junkie they can get faster which would definitely be a problem for Negan. Especially since it goes on for as long as the player is panicked which in game can last for tens of minutes. (The brave trait however makes it slightly harder to become panicked but not incapable).

The Graceful trait and smoke bomb would make it basically impossible for Negan to catch him while the smoke is activated. (Graceful makes the players footsteps 60% quieter)

In terms of skill Negan probably takes this, however the player shouldn’t be underestimated since they can fight with veterans and police officers. Although Negan probably has better fighting skills

Negan knows the location better and has at least 3 times more experience (10 years vs 30 years).

Negan has better stamina but the player still has super good stamina since they can fight for an entire day with no sleep and while injured.

The Player has a lot of gimmicks that would make this fight extremely annoying for negan. if Negan manages to hurt the player enough to panic they will immediately gain a speed boost making him have the speed advantage for as long as they are in that stressful situation. and the smoke bomb with stealth mastery means the player has the opportunity to sneak up on Negan and break his legs without him noticing.

Probably leaning towards the player now

Ok so they start at the same speed but with adrenaline junkie they can get faster which would definitely be a problem for Negan. Especially since it goes on for as long as the player is panicked which in game can last for tens of minutes. (The brave trait however makes it slightly harder to become panicked but not incapable).

The Graceful trait and smoke bomb would make it basically impossible for Negan to catch him while the smoke is activated. (Graceful makes the players footsteps 60% quieter)

In terms of skill Negan probably takes this, however the player shouldn’t be underestimated since they can fight with veterans and police officers. Although Negan probably has better fighting skills

Negan knows the location better and has at least 3 times more experience (10 years vs 30 years).

Negan has better stamina but the player still has super good stamina since they can fight for an entire day with no sleep and while injured.

The Player has a lot of gimmicks that would make this fight extremely annoying for negan. if Negan manages to hurt the player enough to panic they will immediately gain a speed boost making him have the speed advantage for as long as they are in that stressful situation. and the smoke bomb with stealth mastery means the player has the opportunity to sneak up on Negan and break his legs without him noticing.

Probably leaning towards the player now
Actually, he doesn't know the location better because he was exiled from Alexandria a few issues before the Commonwealth was introduced.

I mean, with the "Grace" trait The Player isn't completely silent so Negan would probably notice him from a couple of meter away. Even if the player manages to land a hit before Negan reacts, he would instantly start to fight back. Negan had no trouble dealing with suprise hits in a fight of him with Rick so I guess this wouldn't be much different. If Negan manages to land a hit on the player's legs with Lucille, they have a pretty good chance of breaking (They would probably be the most vulnerable spot of the player). How much the smoke lasts btw, never used one? Anyways, Negan has the height advantage and would likely use this advantage a lot, like in his final fight with Rick. The Player would probably go down first, or at least get exhausted a little, giving Negan the advantage to land more hits. Considering they have about a 4 KJ ap difference Negan would likely deal better with the player's blows. All the player has to do is drop to the ground once, and Negan would make him a cripple for the rest of his life (which wouldn't be too long).

This match could be incon but I think Negan takes it by a little difference.

I mean, with the "Grace" trait The Player isn't completely silent so Negan would probably notice him from a couple of meter away
Ehh if they can sneak up on zombies (who have enhanced hearing) I’m sure he can do the same to Negan.
Yeah but with his vision being impaired the player having a weapon and having pretty decent stealth mastery it would be pretty hard to even find the player with all the smoke. Especially if they have adrenaline active.
If Negan manages to land a hit on the player's legs with Lucille, they have a pretty good chance of breaking (They would probably be the most vulnerable spot of the player).
Same could be said for the player considering how close they are in strength. Also the player can actually continue to fight/move with their leg broken it’s debilitating but it isn’t technically game over.
How much the smoke lasts btw, never used one?
around 10 in game minutes
The Player would probably go down first, or at least get exhausted a little, giving Negan the advantage to land more hits.
Unless the fight goes on for a couple hours I doubt energy exertion actually matters to much
All the player has to do is drop to the ground once, and Negan would make him a cripple for the rest of his life (which wouldn't be too long).
the player can also crush skulls by just stomping so falling over is a giant problem for both of them

Back