• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Project Zomboid Stamina/Endurance addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marathon runners typically go for about 4 hours, this is extremely under peak human.

The length of day can literally be 24 hours IRL, I don't agree with weird interpretations of time equating to larger lengths of time as a result of that.

In the PvP video linked they are visibly knocked on their ass when struck by the force of a gun.

Like, the shots don't kill, but to claim they're indicative of peak human stamina relays to me that you don't really know what "peak human" entails- people have been shot before, man, it's not superhuman to endure it.

The length of day can literally be 24 hours IRL, I don't agree with weird interpretations of time equating to larger lengths of time as a result of that.
The default is 10 minutes to 1 hour ingame
Marathon runners typically go for about 4 hours, this is extremely under peak human.
Even still one of the things I linked showed a dude fighting for close to a full day while injured and with no sleep
In the PvP video linked they are visibly knocked on their ass when struck by the force of a gun.
Fine but they get back up immediately afterwards

Even at maximum in-game stamina, you will become exerted after a fairly short period of time. The fact that the game does not feature a pass-out mechanic isn't indicative of stamina. They are at best Athletic.

Even at maximum in-game stamina, you will become exerted after a fairly short period of time. The fact that the game does not feature a pass-out mechanic isn't indicative of stamina. They are at best Athletic.
Fairly short meaning like ten minutes. Which is fairly above average couple that with the ability to fight for a day+ is easily peak human. Not to mention the pretty decent pain tolerance

Being above average is the textbook definition of Athletic. You cannot fight for a full in-game day without becoming fatigued and exhausted, even at maximum fitness.

Being above average is the textbook definition of Athletic
I was being modest. They can run for 40x longer than the average person.
You cannot fight for a full in-game day without becoming fatigued and exhausted, even at maximum fitness.
i linked a video where someone does just this. Granted they do have an exhaustion moodle but it’s the fact that they can keep fighting despite that, that’s impressive

I was being modest. They can run for 40x longer than the average person.

i linked a video where someone does just this. Granted they do have an exhaustion moodle but it’s the fact that they can keep fighting despite that, that’s impressive
They cannot run as long as a peak human. You are not being modest.

They are exhausted. You, yourself, admit this. This isn't a stamina feat. This is based on faulty evidence. I'm becoming tired of twisted evidence being used to suggest an upgrade for a character that is, perhaps, one of the greatest feats of a game developer in terms of trying to keep their video game characters grounded.

They are exhausted. You, yourself, admit this. This isn't a stamina feat. This is based on faulty evidence. I'm becoming tired of twisted evidence being used to suggest an upgrade for a character that is, perhaps, one of the greatest feats of a game developer in terms of trying to keep their video game characters grounded.
They can fight for a day+ regardless of if they’re exhausted or not they can fight through it. They also have insane pain tolerance

The game doesn't feature a mechanic to cause you to... what, die of exhaustion? They show clear lack of energy, this isn't a stamina feat, and their pain tolerance also has no indication of superhuman capacity. You've been repeating "nuh-uh" for awhile now without refuting claims, this has been formally rejected.

For future context, because I've a feeling this will be attempted again without my knowing: the Project Zomboid player is rapidly exhausted in combat, so much so that they can barely function. They also feel a great deal of pain when inflicted with wounds which has an active detriment to their combat abilities, even a scratch on the hand is a noteworthy wound capable of putting the player down on combat efficiency on a notable scale. They survive these rigors, yes, but they do not have any exceptional ability to surpass human limits. Their stamina typically lasts on the scale of minutes to hours, nothing remotely approaching Olympian levels. One does not contest the rating of Athletic Human at their highest points- the feats are impressive compared to normal people. One contests the notion that anything remotely resembles peak human.

If this attempted again to subtly supersede this decision, bear this in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back