• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was asked to create this one since there are points to be discussed

- Beast Cole used, both High 7-A

- Speed is equal

- They are in character

- Starting range is 100 meters

Cole:

Edel:

Thunder Maqueen lol:

Uhh

Cole literally throws his life away at the end of the game to risk saving humanity

This Cole does get stomped though, Beast Cole probably not

Edit: And its Beast Cole now

Then again, can Edel even kill Cole? The dude has High Regen, resists fear Hax, has a teleport, and hundreds of kilometers range.

Edel can't really do much at all

Yeah, elaborating, what can Edel do here?

Fear Hax is moot because he resists

Fate is moot because Cole arguably won't even be affected by it (Stella managed to break away if I recall correctly though that ultimately doesn't matter). And even then, he can just teleport away

Cutting him does literally nothing because of regen.

Anything else?

As for Cole, a simple Ray Blast will do the trick as Edel doesnt resist radiation or neuro drain.

You know I was actually thinking of throwing Beast Cole as some of the non-smurf High 7-A Top 5's to test his mettle.

But looks like someone beat me to it.

Of course I wasn't gonna jump straight to Rakudai but here we are I guess

He doesn't resist fear hax. Again, it was a very specific case where he had to do something which was more important to him than his life. He does not have such a reason here.

She can just stop his movement.

Mind resistance is literally on his file, up to ten million no less.

So he teleports away and nukes as she doesn't have the range.

This isn't mind manip so bad point.

Why would he teleport away? The only reason that was an argument for Ainz is cus the dude apparently just yeets himself at the slightest stuff. Why would cole think of teleporting away instead of just not fighting?

Actually it is

Cause you're saying he's too scared to fight, so he teleports away. Which is easy to do if you're apparently scared.

Though I doubt it's necessary since Edel literally can't do shit to him

Okay so before we get into this I need to ask:

How does Edelweiss' desperado hax work? Like, can she just causality and fate hax Cole into dying?

How would that affect someone with Cole's level of regen? He could resurrect himself even before getting the Beast's powers, and the original Beast could put his scattered atoms back together even while barely conscious and with no control over his powers.

Funny thing is Schnee is one of the people who thinks resistance is a one way street in this case.

"Oh no resisting Fear doesn't mean resisting every mental affect."

Kinda insane that you would argue for and against equalization.ƒñö

To add to that, John (the Beast) notes that he was actually dead for awhile before his Conduit powers activated and regenerated him from atomic destruction.

@Schnee

No, no it is not. I've explained it to you about a trillion times. You just know you'll die if you engage in that fight. The smart thing to do is not to engage at all.

@PTS

That's the thing, it's fate hax, but i don't have enough feats to say that it would work on someone with that much regen.

@Schnee

I very heavily doubt that Cole has a feat of resisting every kind of mind manipulation.

His feat is mind control iirc, which is not 'all facets'.

You're saying his resistance to Mind Manipulation covers all facets.

And I'm saying it can't because it doesn't have the feats.

The only way it would is if we equalize different subsets of mind manipulation.

Which you don't agree with.

Schnee One said:
So Cole runs away and then nukes because he's no longer in affect.
Why would he do that? As i said, he knows he'll die if he engages in combat, why would he yeet himself then somehow think "oh well it was not real anyway" after it? He just can't feel her presence anymore, it's not exactly uncommon to think "well i lost her its my time to escape".

No, I'm not saying "His resistance" I'm saying mind resistance in general, I even said that on the thread.

Especially fear since it's literally empathetic manipulation, which is a subset.

Besides, we do equalize subsets no? Because that's what subset literally means.

Why would he do that? As i said, he knows he'll die if he engages in combat, why would he yeet himself then somehow think "oh well it was not real anyway" after it? He just can't feel her presence anymore, it's not exactly uncommon to think "well i lost her its my time to escape".

Would you not run away if you don't want to die?

Of course you would.

Edelweiss can no longer enforce that he will die if he fights her. My like she can do it to begin with because Edel literally can't kill him.

Stella even noted that she was afraid to move because it felt like she would get decapitated, this will do nothing to Cole.

Yeah, no.

Fear Manipulation is just a lesser version of Mind Manipulation. A subset. Resisting a subset doesn't let you resist the overall power but resisting the overall power lets you resist the subsets.

For example, being resistant to all elements lets you resist lightning, but resisting lightning doesn't let you resist all elements.

Schnee One said:
No, I'm not saying "His resistance" I'm saying mind resistance in general, I even said that on the thread.
Especially fear since it's literally empathetic manipulation, which is a subset.

Besides, we do equalize subsets no? Because that's what subset literally means.
But your argument comes from a false narrative.

The reason why mind manpulation resistance is on his profile isn't because he's resisted all facets of it. The mind control which he resists is also a subset of a larger ability.

Depends, for Kurono it was just breaking down cus she knew she could not win the fight.

At the instant Edelweiss was going to be shot between in the eyes, the fingers on the trigger were frozen in place. It was as if Kurono's heart had exploded from fear. She had landed on the ground, and only just barely pointed the gun barrels, but even so her fingers didn't move.

What was stopping her was none other than Kurono's own instincts. Because if she moved her fingers just a little, the battle was start instantly, and she knew she couldn't win this fight.

>Of course you would

Excuse me so when a lion is outta sight you just think "oh well it was just fear hax, he can't do shit"?

Is the "she'll kill me if I fight her" an aspect of the fear hax? Cause I feel like we need to clear up whether or not it will work on him before arguing how he reacts.

Especially since she has no ways of physically killing him.

The pen or the sword said:
Wait so would being immune to fear hax allow one to resist the desperado fear hax?
No just to have shown strong enough will. An example would be stella. Her resolve was "if i don't have the strength i need then its fine if i die".

Kurono would die if she lost the fight

In fact al of the people she's scared into thinking they were going to die could actually die

Also apparently lions have fear Hax do I need to explain why that's false?

Wait so why can't ainz resist? He's faced situations where he put his life on the line and has a decently strong will, further he's immune to fear/mind hax (individually immune to both even...)

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Is the "she'll kill me if I fight her" an aspect of the fear hax? Cause I feel like we need to clear up whether or not it will work on him before arguing how he reacts.
Especially since she has no ways of physically killing him.
Yeah, you see your death happen apparently (at leas that's how its explained).

― This self-direction regarding causality is a special characteristic that not only I or the《Desperado》own, but that everyone owns. You should have felt it when you confronted《Marionette King》, 《Haboob》 and the others, haven't you? It is on their backs, the fate called their death. As long as you feel their fate, you will not have the chance to escape. You will keep being attracted by the gravitational pull of the《Desperados》and their fate will lead you to the end of what you also have imagined.

There are also statements like "you should have experienced your own death in detail".

But the thing is that Cole's Regenerationn and resistances make it so he can only be killed by certain things, like the RFI (at least in his world).

How does Cole experience his death at the hands of Edelweiss who doesn't have any means of permanently putting him down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back