• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cloud Strife vs The Three Manga Swordsman Gauntlet

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Cloud Dissidia Artwork
Cloud Strife gets into a fight with...
Roronoa Zoro of One Piece,

Hiei of Yu Yu Hakusho,

And Yhwach of Bleach, in that order.
Hiei
Personality on, ten second break between each fight, Cloud gets access to all standard equipment, All battles start in an abandoned city, with each combatant 100 feet away from each other. Who wins, and why?
881px-Roronoa-Zoro-poster-by-Kaka
Yhwach

Round 1: Cloud, Superior DC and Speed in his favor

Round 2: Cloud, Superior DC and Speed in his favor

Round 3: Yhwach, Vastly OP Superior Haxes and DC

Roronoa zoro loses hard, he is lacking in every department, at least as things stand right now...

Hiei will lose more often then not, he also lacks in speed and strength.

Yhwach is not a swordsman, at list not notably, regardless, he may win due to hex... But he havn't shown all his feats yet, to early to call....

Yhwach...isn't a swordsman? He's very clearly wielding a sword on his profile picture. He's classified as a swordsman. He's from Bleach, where just about everyone and their mother wields a sword. (shrugs) Maybe I'm missing something?

So, anyone else?

Having and using a sword doesn't make you a swordsman, he is not notable for being as proficient as some other people in bleach like byakuya, aizen or kenpachi...

...it's a bit too late now, but hypothetical question. Had I given Cloud the Ribbon (which isn't listed in his standard equipment, which is surprising to me since he had one in Advent Children), would taht protect him from the sort of hax Yhwach has? Or would that not apply there?

Wait, shouldn't Cloud clear? He is significantly faster than Yhwach and his superior DC should make up for the hax disadvantage.

I was thinking that might be the case, but others seem to disagree. Considering this is a gauntlet-style situation, Cloud might have also built up some of his Limit Gauge from the previous fights. Everyone else seemed set on Yhwach winning, though. Anyone care to debate this?

Well the first round he stomps, second should be a bit tougher but not too tough. So I would argue that Cloud would clear in my honest opinion.

I'll wait to see what anyone else thinks, or if anyone else will counter. Until then, I shall remove the defeat. Sound fair?

Deal. Though in all fairness, maybe it should be removed now and possibly put back later after more input is given, right? I mean the only person to have really said that Yhwach wins was Quincy King...

Also on an off note, was it you who removed th several of the different wins and losses on Cloud's page? I'm just curious.

EDIT: I misread your message, what you suggested is fine.

No, I've no idea why that occurred. Something about "removed all non-VS Battles Wiki threads."

Though we should remain on topic within the thread itself...

Zoro and Hiei isn't a problem for Cloud. But I don't think he can win against Yhwach.

@A6colute & Antvasima: How is that? Cloud is superior to Yhwach, in Attack Potency, Speed and Durability (and also Striking Strength), going by their current profiles. I don't see how Yhwach wins, save hax (even then Cloud is much faster, and can evade).

Cloud is superior to Yhwach, in Attack Potency, Speed and Durability (and also Striking Strength)

Cloud's stats is very questionable for me. Especially his speed. Scaling from Sephiroth? And Sephiroth scaling from Bahamut? O, please...

For me the main motivation is that Yhwach just absorbed the entire power of the Spirit King, whose existence maintains all of Soul Society.

@A6colute: What would you rate Cloud's stats as then?

@Antvasima: I believe it's a matter of waiting for Yhwach to display more feats with his new-found power, then.

What would you rate Cloud's stats as then?

Without powerscaling from Bahamut. Sephiroth is possibly hypersonic with massively hypersonic reaction.

And his Attack Potency and Durability?

I don't know enough about FF. And cannot say his AP and D is really so high or not.

...should I chalk the last battle of the gauntlet up as "inconclusive" as of right now?

...sooo...

I'm guessing the gigantic recent Cloud buffs sort of change things, regarding this fight.

yhwach can take clouds powers away. and he can see the future so he will now all his attacks and what he would do. any power yhwach see can not kill him and he can do it him self. so yhwach would have all clouds powers and skills.

Power Intuition: Any power that Yhwach "knows" will then become his ally. It should be noted that Yhwach gained another pupil after nullifying and making Futen Daisatsuryo his ally.

Ôù¥Reactionary Power Immunity: The power that he has made his ally will not only be unable to defeat him, but cannot possibly harm him in any way.

Sankt Altar : Yhwach summons five orbs of energy in the air around a target that shoot out concentrated beams of energy at the target, forming the pattern of a large Quincy Zeichen; these beams take the power of the target with the intent of giving the taken power to Yhwach.

Blut Vene: Yhwach is capable of withstanding a Bankai enhanced Getsuga Tensho without sustaining any injury.

Ôù¥Blut Vene Anhaben : Yhwach extends his Blut Vene outside of his body to create a forcefield that blocks incoming attacks. It can easily block mid-level Kidō spells, such as Bakudō #62 Hyapporankan, even when employed by a member of the Royal Guard. The forcefield consumes everything around it, including living beings, in order to maintain itself. When activated, it creates the Blut Vene vein pattern on the surface of whatever it attempts to consume.

so how can cloud beet him.

Back